Yeah, unlike the Genesis Core which was handed down from Sagara, that new attachment doesn't quite follow Gaim's logical story. It just appears magically.

It'd feel a little clunky if in that scene where Sagara gives him the Kiwami Lockseed, he also goes 'Oh, um, by the way, you're going to need this lock attachment. H-here you go.'

Guillotine Gorilla
Kouta's supposed to be like the modern guy who just turned 20, with the his street clothes fashion sense and lack of plan or job. Think of all the kids who graduate college and are jobless and have no plan after it nowadays.

The show really hasn't done much of anything on that front, though. Just some super-vague ideas of equivalent exchange being bad and that should supposedly be a proxy for adulthood.

Yeah, unlike the Genesis Core which was handed down from Sagara, that new attachment doesn't quite follow Gaim's logical story. It just appears magically.

Every new attachment in Gaim just appeared magically. None of them are any better.

I wasn't sure how I'd ultimately feel about Kiwami after seeing it in the scans, but I have to say I thought it's debut was pretty impressive and barring the chest area the design is really growing on me :thumbs:.

I'd have liked it to get original weapons, but seeing Gaim using the weapons of other Riders and overpowering and destroying an upgraded Demushu was quite cool especially when he started dual wielding :buttrock:.

That said, I echo NateRiver's feelings about how Ultimate Form Arcs since Fourze haven't quite made the Ultimate Form seem necessary to finish the main threat of that arc. Even after Demushu got his upgrade, it was never established that Kachidoki didn't stand a chance and Kouta was even able to get a good hit in with Kachidoki before he used Kiwami. Now I have to wonder whether Kachidoki will ever legitimately lose a fight in the series :redface2:.

Also, and this is more of a personal nitpick, I was really hoping for a Rider Kick Finisher for Kiwami. Not that I can't live without one, but I hope we do eventually get to see Kiwami use one either in the summer movie or the finale :).

Holy crud, Gridon was competent in this episode :O_O:.

And going off from that, it was really great to see the Riders finally banding together to protect the city and seeing Kaito managing to lead them effectively was neat. It'll be interesting to see how the loyalties among the remaining Riders will divide during the fight for the Fruit of Knowledge and who'll support either Kaito or Kouta or if it'll just end up being Kouta vs all the Riders :eyebrow:.

This episode, I feel, had Sagara at his most sinister and now he outright admits he's using Kouta to achieve his own ends, which are not as altruistic as Kouta's. I guess potentially he wants to see the chaos that could ensue from a wild card like Kouta getting so much power and trying to see how far someone will go with that power to save and protect others after the Overlords destroyed their civilization. Or it could be something a bit more villainous, and that could leave him as the final opponent Gaim will have to overcome to truly save the world.

I guess Minato is less interested in gaining the Forbidden Fruit for herself and more for following a grand and charismatic individual with big ideas for what to do with it and the power to obtain it, which is why she seems to be shifting her allegiance from Ryouma to Kaito :169:.

Another Climax
No a big fan of this new form, mainly because I am sort of sick of seeing all the Ultimate Rider forms post Decade outside of OOO just combining everything with a new shiny package.

That being said, loved the episode and once again it makes most of the characters and the plot development interesting and pretty badass.

No a big fan of this new form, mainly because I am sort of sick of seeing all the Ultimate Rider forms post Decade outside of OOO just combining everything with a new shiny package.

That being said, loved the episode and once again it makes most of the characters and the plot development interesting and pretty badass.

Don't forget Cyclone Joker Extreme. Sure, all of Phillip's memories were used by it, but they were given a new purpose rather than just having all powers in one form.

I'd add that Fourze's Cosmic States did something new too, in that it allowed for combos (or rather augments) of Switches that were previously not possible. (Eg: Giant Foot + Freeze)