Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 25 - "Gridon and Bravo's Strongest Tag Team"

Oh and it needs to be said, a welcome return for the playpark we last saw Beet J Stag playing on :anime:

Would like to change his avatar
Well, this episode stunk. What started as a normal episode quickly devolved into one of those painfully bad net movies. Ugh.

I've never really thought Oren was as funny as the show seems to think, though. He was OK at the start, when he just wanted to give everyone a real fight when they were obsessed with their dumb little Pokemon battles, but he's completely irrelevant to the show now. He and Jounouchi should have been Chuck Cunningham'd or killed off.

Ever since Oren became Yggdrasil's puppet. None of the Beat Riders take him seriously, in fact they see him as an annoyance. Since all he does is spreads propaganda. However he's starting to see that there is truth that the Beat Riders have nothing to do with the Inves appering randomly. Since he falls into a Crack.

People are a bit too quick to throw around the term "filler". This episode had some pretty important plot developments and good character development for a completely underused character. Just because it didn't focus on Kouta doesn't make it all filler. Although I will say I almost felt the whiplash, going from the discussion of Sagara's motives with biblical and mythologic references.. onto scenes of Jounouchi wearing a dress and being chased around a park.

I don't mind the goofyness and I do love what they did with Jounouchi in this episode, but it almost feels like two totally different shows at times.

Well, this episode also proved that Oren/Bravo doesn't need any additional cartoony effect or dialogues to be funny. He's able to do that alone just with body-acting.

Lol really hard at Oren being surprised, since I was surprised at Bandou and Iyo's little S&M play acting too.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Zack is a better sidekick to Kouta than Micchy :p

I hope we get to see Gridon properly fight again soon. I kinda want to see those two and Kouta team up.

Maybe we could have Gridon, Bravo and Knuckle team up to face an Energy Rider and WIN! Probably Sigurd, since he's apparently the designated jobber of the Energy Riders :p

As much as I dislike Jonouchi's character, I think it is very interesting that the writers have avoided letting him pick a side.
Despite having worked for Yggdrasil, he has no idea what Yggdrasil stands for, and he has no idea what Kouta is fighting for either.

Right now he is the only Rider who does not have a path.
Even Zack has a clear path, as he is helping Kouta defend the city.

Zack is a better sidekick to Kouta than Micchy :p

Rabies would make a better sidekick than Micchy. Not an animal with rabies. Just - rabies itself. Floating around as a miasmic disease cloud.

Still a better sidekick than Micchy.

Would like to change his avatar
I kind of don't like how random they've been with Zack. Like, he was a total weasel when he was Kaito's underling, but he gets a Lockseed and is all of a sudden the only hero in the show aside from Kouta? There's no real reason other than "Geez, I guess more than one of our 200 Riders in this show should be kind of good." It didn't seem to me like they planned to do anything with Zack, so they just pulled it out of their arse.

Also: even though it's ridiculous to have a walnut Rider, I can't take Knuckle seriously when he's armed with Sock'em Boppers.

I still think Oren is worse. His pendulum keeps swinging from "competent villain seeking some aesthetic ideal amongst pedestrian junk" to "Donut Man if he was a Rider". It's extremely annoying. In fact, for all the good stuff Gaim has, it still hasn't broken that Neo Heisei trend of having 1+ insufferable character.