Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 25 - "Gridon and Bravo's Strongest Tag Team"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Or maybe he's just surprised that the crack opened high in the sky of Helheim so he has a great fall awaiting for him. :laugh:

Hilarious episode, basically filler but we got some plot development with that 5 minute scene of Sagara.

Oh the religious and mythological allusions with the Apple of Eden and Ambrosia. So Helheim's invasion isn't just something like the apocalypse - it will choose the next worlds leader, evolving one who is powerful enough.

Not only that, but the forbidden fruit has the power to give anyone immeasurable power. That's what Ryoma is after. Sagara is telling them to find the Overlords, who have that power.

The thing is, Sagara calls himself a spectator. I think he's just there to make sure someone grasps the forbidden fruit. He's an overseer who ensures that the next world has a leader, and he's wondering who will get to it first.

Maybe he sees Kouta as being a lot more capable, which is why he is aiding him the most. He doesn't act too pleased when Ryoma laughs about the whole ordeal.

I have reason to believe now that the forbidden fruit is the Ringo arms that has yet to be shown (come on, apples are like the most popular fruit!)

Last edited:
Friendship and the Cosmos.
The reason why Urobuchi probably thought Jounouchi was a character would appeal to adults probably lies in his tirade to Oren who was trying to train him. Jounoichi is aware that he is a fake and a charlatan but doesn't know what to do with his life which is why he can't be like Oren who is filled with conviction and resolve towards his craft as well as disciplined enough to become strong in the military and whatnot. Though Oren later tells him that being an adult doesn't necessarily mean knowing what to do with your life and whatnot, stating that everyone is just as equally confused and worried about their future, but that they have to go through with it. Urobuchi probably thought that adults would relate to him because Jounouchi is an outsider, weird even among his dance team contemporaries, and with the loss of Hase, the dissolving of the dance stages and whatnot, he was just meandering around looking for a purpose.

I was actually really pleased at how the episode turned out. It was wacky, but Urobuchi managed to intertwine the episode and Oren/Jounochi's development with the whole growing up theme at Urobuchi mentioned at the beginning of the season. It was a pretty necessarily filler I think for Jounouchi. Gives closure to him so he's not just dangling there at the end of the season.

Many people predicted we would have a Forbidden Fruit-esque plot and they were right. Sagara states that he's an observer, but also states that favoring Kouta isn't fair and tell him that whatever power they are searching, lies with the Overlords and suggests to Ryouma and co. to seek them out, which is exactly what he told Kouta to do albeit under different pretenses. It's interesting to note that he's pushing both Kouta and Ryouma's faction to find to Overlords, which will surely lead to an inevitable confrontation between the the two. And of course, Takatora probably isn't sitting idly here either so he'll definitely been in on the action as well whilst Michi snaps.

People have mentioned that Sagara is like the Biblical snake that tantalized Eve with knowledge within the Garden of Eden, and that's exactly what's happening before our very eyes in Gaim. The fruit probably does provide God-like power and ascension from their current mortal state, but what the power will be used for is up to the user. The Rider Sengoku Era might in fact be for the power of the Forbidden Fruit.

Sagara is Kougami done right! Thus far!

People have mentioned that Sagara is like the Biblical snake that tantalized Eve with knowledge within the Garden of Eden, and that's exactly what's happening before our very eyes in Gaim. The fruit probably does provide God-like power and ascension from their current mortal state, but what the power will be used for is up to the user. The Rider Sengoku Era might in fact be for the power of the Forbidden Fruit.

Sagara is Kougami done right! Thus far!

Yeah, the Sengoku Era may be just that. If we judge by the opening, Zawame will be taken over by the Invess. Will the Forbidden Fruit be able to reverse/fix that? Is that what Kouta will be fighting for?

Though I disagree man, Kougami was on a whole other level. They're both spectators, but Kougami at least made some nice cakes. :laugh: SUBARASHI!

Also I agree with you on Jonouchi. This episode did explore how outsider-like he was and how Oren helped him grow as a person, but it felt too rushed. They should have had more of this relationship before.

Overall, the episode was hilarious and over-the-top but that's what you'd expect from Gridon + Bravo. :laugh: That whole training montage was great. And the stuff in Drupers was definitely REALLY strange (did like Kouta's exchange with Jonouchi though).

I'm pretty sure Oren's alright and someone will meet up with him in Helheim eventually.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that Gaim can be comedic when it needs to be. Especially when it comes to the antics of Jonouchi & Oren.

I have seen weirder things in the Showa era and early Heisei era.
I really enjoyed seeing Bravo chase Gaim around the city, while falling down stairs etc.
The suit acting in those scenes was brilliant :laugh:

Last week's preview billed it as the Bravo and Gridon show, and we know they're basically the show's wacky comic relief, so I don't know why anyone was surprised about the episode's second half being mostly humerous with a side order of heartwarming and a nice life lesson for the kiddies as the cherry on top. Plus it's mid-season, which is traditionally where Heisei Riders ratings have been weakest, so if there's any point of the show you'd want to pad out to avoid people missing the really crucial episodes, it's this.

If anything I found it more noticable that DJ Sagara really is just becoming Mr Exposition - giving the other characters and audience massive plot dumps in complete defiance of the age old mantra of "show don't tell". It was more noticable this week seeing as it was mostly info that the audience already knew.

Still, I guess the majority of the main cast got to have most of the week off, and the waitress got to kick ass. I call it win-win.

Somebody
Last week's preview billed it as the Bravo and Gridon show, and we know they're basically the show's wacky comic relief, so I don't know why anyone was surprised about the episode's second half being mostly humerous with a side order of heartwarming and a nice life lesson for the kiddies as the cherry on top.

Don't you mean the Sigurd on the top? :laugh:

In Justice, We Trust!
I thought the humor in this episode was done quite well, actually. A sorta filler episode like this was exactly what Gaim needed before it kicks things up again and I liked that we saw another side of Oren too.

Seeing him trying to be a father-figure was refreshing from the usual plots we get with him.