Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 15 - "The Man Who Developed the Belts"

Ryoma's talk about making new belts was interesting for sure. Even after the Sengoku and Genesis driver he is looking for new ways to manipulate the power of the Helheim Forest. Great angry reactions from Kaito and Kouta, love the scene with the cards and Yoko's pen. Speaking of Yoko, she seems pretty awesome. Can't wait to see more fighting from her (she's a member of JAE).

DJ Sagara's chat with Kouta was interesting. As I said before, giving him the Genesis Core was probably as per request of Ryouma, but it seems like he does actually respect Kouta's resolve to help the city. Hopeful music might have helped with the mood. I quite liked this scene.

I love the irony with the Beat Riders not knowing Hase and Yuuya are dead, but man they are dumbasses! I guess it makes sense - teens don't give up things very easily, but still. At least Mai has some common sense.

Awesome escape scene, loved the fight against the Kurokage troopers. And Sid confronting Kouta was awesome, great lighting. His transformation was pretty cool too (weird seeing him without his hat though). He's pretty tough. Digging the "Rider Break" the two used on Sigurd haha.

Another interesting thing was that Kaito took one of the unlocked belts. Hmmmm...

Haha, Takatora, took you this long to figure out your brother is Ryugen? All you had to do was talk to Sid about it back 10 episodes ago. :laugh: Oh and about time the Dandeliner debuted.

This show is getting pretty serious and I am definitely having a lot of fun with it. I haven't had this much fun with Rider since OOO.

The Kurokage soldiers have started to suffer from the Stormtrooper syndrome. How can a group of full grown, fighting-experienced, armored men with spears NOT win against 3 unarmed teenagers?!
And I thought the Riot Troopers were bad :sweat:

I really liked the scene where Mai tried talking the other Beat Riders into reason. It really shows the diffrence between the main characters, who have become more adult, and the others who are still living as careless teens.

As some others have speculated, I also have a feeling that Kaitou will try to make a little army for himself, so he can go up against Yggdrasill.

Professionally Insane
The Kurokage soldiers have started to suffer from the Stormtrooper syndrome. How can a group of full grown, fighting-experienced, armored men with spears NOT win against 3 unarmed teenagers?!
And I thought the Riot Troopers were bad :sweat:

Well for dramatic purposes I guess that's why they had to lose. If they couldn't get passed those Kurokage Soldiers then they'd of been stuck in the cell for the rest of the episode, and it'd just become a comedic mess. With DJ Sagara coming back saying and maybe saying: "Back in the cell again, I see."

So to move the story forward, they had to beat them and get through, it's not logical, but toku rarely is. Though it works for pushing the story forward.

Otaku University Student
So to move the story forward, they had to beat them and get through, it's not logical, but toku rarely is. Though it works for pushing the story forward.

Well, it is actually within the realm of reason as the Kurokage Troopers were nothing more than a clean-up team before, so I doubt they have had the time to train them in hand-to-hand combat. Kouta and Kaito however have had years of dancing experience and months (?) of fighting experience.

Besides, if it had gotten out of hand, they'd just henshin, like what Kaito eventually did.

But in the end, I guess the more production-perspective reason as to why they didn't henshin immediately was to allow for gratuitous out-of-suit action.

In Justice, We Trust!
Well I'm glad Sid became a Rider…he's giving me major Shotaro vibes in just how fabulous he handles himself.

Watching Gaim has me considering giving Madoka another shot.

They're not really that similar. Gaim feels more like Gargantia imo.

Glad to hear, I've been trying to find the time to watch Gargantia and this is a great motivation to do so. Also, I finally watched Madoka to prep for Gaim since I'd never seen any of Urobuchi's other work, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I also plan on watching Fate/Zero at some point.

I also haven't felt this excited about Kamen Rider since OOO, I've really been interested in all the spoilers and info on the show and it's made me want to watch W again in between episodes.

One thing that kind of bugged me was that Mai didn't ask Raid Wild if they had heard about Hase since I would assume she'd know he'd turned into an Invess by now due to Ratt being attacked and Kouta saying he was dangerous last episode.

Blade Adept
Professor Ryouma Wärring :sweat:

Having checked out the subs, I'm fairly certain now that the good Professor may well have passed on a note to Sagara to help Kouta escape from his cell, and for Minato to stop Sid in his tracks in case Sigurd mortally wounds the lab rats before they can get away. Ryouma knows Kouta will unwittingly continue to give Yggdrasil test data while he fights the Inves for justice and to protect the city. Ryouma also knows that Kaito, hungry for new power to satiate his desire for a revolution, will be interested in the mass-produced belt, so why not introduce it to him at the beginning, leave it out in the open and let the escapees break into his room and take off with it without much fuss, while Kaito also unwittingly carries on being a test subject? It sounds like a very Machiavellian manoeuvre. He doesn't need verbal consent from them, only enough knowledge about the sort of people he's dealing with.

And if so, he's deliberately about to carve a void between himself and his overseer, which will split Yggdrasil in two. Later on I definitely suspect the good Professor - or at least others on his side if his actor decides to leave the show for a bit - to clash with Takatora. You can tell Ryouma's not that eager to carry on towing the line when he holds up his drawings, noting that the executives haven't greenlit this particular project. But he wants to go ahead with it anyway.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Aesir Subs have inadvertently written themselves into a hole here by translating the Sengoku Driver as Warring Driver. What's it going to be, guys? Change it back to Sengoku Driver? Change Ryoma's name to Professor Warring? Wriggle in a bit of liberty and say that the Driver isn't quite literally named after him?

Except that it wasn't done inadvertently, this all happened because he started translating proper nouns.