Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 15 - "The Man Who Developed the Belts"

Blade Adept
Aesir Subs have inadvertently written themselves into a hole here by translating the Sengoku Driver as Warring Driver. What's it going to be, guys? Change it back to Sengoku Driver? Change Ryoma's name to Professor Warring? Wriggle in a bit of liberty and say that the Driver isn't quite literally named after him?

Dude, relax a bit more... MST3K Mantra, please.

Remember who is the primary target audience of the show and the main purpose of it. Such details aren't something that worries that audience :p nor it will keep them from properly sleeping :laugh:

Well yeah, I don't think anyone has deluded themselves into forgetting that the primary audience won't be looking for holes like we are, but the whole episode can't work without a badly-managed security system. It's a fair thing to criticise. :sweat:

Although I suppose Yggdrasil would be cocky enough to be a bit lax because "hey look, the whole city LOVES US! No one will ever think of acting suspicious around us. Here, have this comfy cell!" Still, step it up, guys.

^Yggdrasil's security measure is the least of their problems. They mass produced the Sengoku Drivers and the quality dropped so dramatically that now Kurokages can be beaten barehanded in human forms :sweat:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Aesir Subs have inadvertently written themselves into a hole here by translating the Sengoku Driver as Warring Driver. What's it going to be, guys? Change it back to Sengoku Driver? Change Ryoma's name to Professor Warring? Wriggle in a bit of liberty and say that the Driver isn't quite literally named after him?

Don't forget the umlaut!

Peach is smoking hot. And she totally manhandled Kouta and Kaito (lol card tricks).

Kaito didn't receive any gifts, but snatched himself a spare belt. Hmm, based on episode 1 prologue, I think he's looking to build an army for himself, probably took all the belts from these Kurokage troopers off screen. Baron should really get an upgrade centered around card tricks though, explosive throwing cards!!!!

I did wonder about that. Kaito doesn't seem like he's capable of being able to build/duplicate his own belts. I know this is a show where suspension of disbelief is stretched, but in-universe, Sengoku is a genius scientist while Kaito is just a guy in armour with some gadgets. Just because he can fight doesn't mean he can do anything. So if he can't steal more belts, he's gotta have some kind of help? I'm sure I remember seeing it mentioned that Sagara is a scientist or something?

Lurker
I really like how easy it has become for Kouta and Kaito to work together. In my opinion, they make a better partnership than Kouta and Micchy.

Lurker
That was a great episode. Everyone in Yggdrasil are freaks!
The characters they are making for this show, damn. They can make Riders out of vegetables next year and I'll be all for it so long as they make it this entertaining.

^I second that

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Well, take advantage while we have it, I doubt Urobuchi will come back to do another Rider series :sweat:

Otaku University Student

Honestly, I never understood the rational behind translating names. But, they can do whatever they want as I'm watching this series raw. I'm so sick of fansub politics and differing translation policies.

[...]Well yeah, I don't think anyone has deluded themselves into forgetting that the primary audience won't be looking for holes like we are, but the whole episode can't work without a badly-managed security system. It's a fair thing to criticise. :sweat:

Although I suppose Yggdrasil would be cocky enough to be a bit lax because "hey look, the whole city LOVES US! No one will ever think of acting suspicious around us. Here, have this comfy cell!" Still, step it up, guys.

My bad... The thing is... I don't feel like your criticism is made for that purpose, but for another reason :p but maybe it's just me :confused2

Anyways... Micchy without extreme luck and divine intervention, could do something like that in a corporation with good and competent security. About the cells... Well, they aren't the police, plus, due to cultural diferencies, maybe it looks to us weird to see such nice cell for teens :p (or maybe they aren't cells at all, but something else! :O_O: /joking)

Well, take advantage while we have it, I doubt Urobuchi will come back to do another Rider series :sweat:

As long as they don't return to the two-parters with the monster and guest of the two-parts... Everything will be fine...

Rat is still in the hospital where he was last week and I guess Rika's with him? Mai and Chucky went around to other Beat Rider teams asking that they call off future battles because most of the team leaders are dead/missing and it's really kinda dangerous, but everyone else basically just said "LOL no" (even Team Baron, even though Peco got a broken arm in the last fight with Bravo ...)

Thanks. Good to know that Mai gets some screen time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Actually thinking about it again, Sagara might have helped Kouta because Ryoma asked him to do so. Since Kouta was refusing to assist Ryoma, he probably ordered Sagara to be the 'nice guy' and let Kouta use the upgrade unknowing it was all a plan again. That might be only one ELS for each type after all, so we might see Marika defeating Gaim and taking away the lock seed after necessary data is collected, and then Gaim will need another ELS for a different Jinba Arms. This could also explain why Duke will be the latest to debut officially out of the 4 energy Riders (Marika is set to debut properly in Ep 17).