Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 15 - "The Man Who Developed the Belts"

Xtreme RX

Ryoma's talk about making new belts was interesting for sure. Even after the Sengoku and Genesis driver he is looking for new ways to manipulate the power of the Helheim Forest. Great angry reactions from Kaito and Kouta, love the scene with the cards and Yoko's pen. Speaking of Yoko, she seems pretty awesome. Can't wait to see more fighting from her (she's a member of JAE).

DJ Sagara's chat with Kouta was interesting. As I said before, giving him the Genesis Core was probably as per request of Ryouma, but it seems like he does actually respect Kouta's resolve to help the city. Hopeful music might have helped with the mood. I quite liked this scene.

I love the irony with the Beat Riders not knowing Hase and Yuuya are dead, but man they are dumbasses! I guess it makes sense - teens don't give up things very easily, but still. At least Mai has some common sense.

Awesome escape scene, loved the fight against the Kurokage troopers. And Sid confronting Kouta was awesome, great lighting. His transformation was pretty cool too (weird seeing him without his hat though). He's pretty tough. Digging the "Rider Break" the two used on Sigurd haha.

Another interesting thing was that Kaito took one of the unlocked belts. Hmmmm...

Haha, Takatora, took you this long to figure out your brother is Ryugen? All you had to do was talk to Sid about it back 10 episodes ago. :laugh: Oh and about time the Dandeliner debuted.

This show is getting pretty serious and I am definitely having a lot of fun with it. I haven't had this much fun with Rider since OOO.

Scissors

The Kurokage soldiers have started to suffer from the Stormtrooper syndrome. How can a group of full grown, fighting-experienced, armored men with spears NOT win against 3 unarmed teenagers?!
And I thought the Riot Troopers were bad :sweat:

I really liked the scene where Mai tried talking the other Beat Riders into reason. It really shows the diffrence between the main characters, who have become more adult, and the others who are still living as careless teens.

As some others have speculated, I also have a feeling that Kaitou will try to make a little army for himself, so he can go up against Yggdrasill.

Kamen Rider Oni

Professionally Insane
The Kurokage soldiers have started to suffer from the Stormtrooper syndrome. How can a group of full grown, fighting-experienced, armored men with spears NOT win against 3 unarmed teenagers?!
And I thought the Riot Troopers were bad :sweat:

Well for dramatic purposes I guess that's why they had to lose. If they couldn't get passed those Kurokage Soldiers then they'd of been stuck in the cell for the rest of the episode, and it'd just become a comedic mess. With DJ Sagara coming back saying and maybe saying: "Back in the cell again, I see."

So to move the story forward, they had to beat them and get through, it's not logical, but toku rarely is. Though it works for pushing the story forward.

Actar

Otaku University Student
So to move the story forward, they had to beat them and get through, it's not logical, but toku rarely is. Though it works for pushing the story forward.

Well, it is actually within the realm of reason as the Kurokage Troopers were nothing more than a clean-up team before, so I doubt they have had the time to train them in hand-to-hand combat. Kouta and Kaito however have had years of dancing experience and months (?) of fighting experience.

Besides, if it had gotten out of hand, they'd just henshin, like what Kaito eventually did.

But in the end, I guess the more production-perspective reason as to why they didn't henshin immediately was to allow for gratuitous out-of-suit action.

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
Well I'm glad Sid became a Rider…he's giving me major Shotaro vibes in just how fabulous he handles himself.

Watching Gaim has me considering giving Madoka another shot.

GPAnthony

They're not really that similar. Gaim feels more like Gargantia imo.

Glad to hear, I've been trying to find the time to watch Gargantia and this is a great motivation to do so. Also, I finally watched Madoka to prep for Gaim since I'd never seen any of Urobuchi's other work, and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. I also plan on watching Fate/Zero at some point.

I also haven't felt this excited about Kamen Rider since OOO, I've really been interested in all the spoilers and info on the show and it's made me want to watch W again in between episodes.

One thing that kind of bugged me was that Mai didn't ask Raid Wild if they had heard about Hase since I would assume she'd know he'd turned into an Invess by now due to Ratt being attacked and Kouta saying he was dangerous last episode.

Artisan

Blade Adept
Professor Ryouma Wärring :sweat:

Having checked out the subs, I'm fairly certain now that the good Professor may well have passed on a note to Sagara to help Kouta escape from his cell, and for Minato to stop Sid in his tracks in case Sigurd mortally wounds the lab rats before they can get away. Ryouma knows Kouta will unwittingly continue to give Yggdrasil test data while he fights the Inves for justice and to protect the city. Ryouma also knows that Kaito, hungry for new power to satiate his desire for a revolution, will be interested in the mass-produced belt, so why not introduce it to him at the beginning, leave it out in the open and let the escapees break into his room and take off with it without much fuss, while Kaito also unwittingly carries on being a test subject? It sounds like a very Machiavellian manoeuvre. He doesn't need verbal consent from them, only enough knowledge about the sort of people he's dealing with.

And if so, he's deliberately about to carve a void between himself and his overseer, which will split Yggdrasil in two. Later on I definitely suspect the good Professor - or at least others on his side if his actor decides to leave the show for a bit - to clash with Takatora. You can tell Ryouma's not that eager to carry on towing the line when he holds up his drawings, noting that the executives haven't greenlit this particular project. But he wants to go ahead with it anyway.

LaZerwolfX

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Aesir Subs have inadvertently written themselves into a hole here by translating the Sengoku Driver as Warring Driver. What's it going to be, guys? Change it back to Sengoku Driver? Change Ryoma's name to Professor Warring? Wriggle in a bit of liberty and say that the Driver isn't quite literally named after him?

Except that it wasn't done inadvertently, this all happened because he started translating proper nouns.

Vitor

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
No, no, no, if it was Inoue, Micchy would have confronted Kouta and asked "Did you kill Yuuya?" meaning it literally, and Kouta, assuming he meant it figuratively and wracked with guilt over his failure to find Yuuya, would've said "Yes."

This misunderstanding would then continue for ten episodes, with no other characters intervening in any fashion, or either of them going "Hang on, just checking, when I asked 'did you kill Yuuya', I was being totally literal, were you - ..." "Oh gosh, no, I was being completely figurative."

Then Kouta would find out that no, he did literally kill Yuuya, and he'd proceed to spend the next four episodes attempting to compel other people to kill him.

So, something along the lines of this?
1372979577636.jpg

Can anyone tell me if anything happens to Mai, Rat, Chucky, or Rika?
......You're actually bothering to care about completely irrelevant characters?

surprised nobody mentioned this yet, but Orange Arms Jinba Lemon debuts next week, and I call that because though the armor is new, he still has the orange visor and helmet part

That honestly kind of pissed me off a little, especially when he had EVERY opportunity to use it against Sid

Hentailover

Lurker
The whole "Warring" thing kinda irks me off. Just leave his name as it is and put a Translation Note. Those aren't devil incarnate, putting one in your entire fansub will not turn you into TV-Nihon...

Vitor

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
The whole "Warring" thing kinda irks me off. Just leave his name as it is and put a Translation Note. Those aren't devil incarnate, putting one in your entire fansub will not turn you into TV-Nihon...

Yeah, everyone is pretty familiar with what "Sengoku" means even if you have a passing interest in ancient japan and samurai films/period dramas, I'll admit

But it's a "Tomato/To-Mato" situation at best I really don't fault Aesir for doing it

Xtreme RX

Yeah, everyone is pretty familiar with what "Sengoku" means even if you have a passing interest in ancient japan and samurai films/period dramas, I'll admit

But it's a "Tomato/To-Mato" situation at best I really don't fault Aesir for doing it

...Except Ryoma Sengoku's name is written as "Senkyoku" and read as Sengoku (instead of "Senkoku"). So I mean, it was an honest mistake on the part of the subbing group, but it was never was meant to literally mean "Warring". Just a play on words.

tigerblood

I am KamenRiderPEZ
Did anyone else think of the King Stones and or notice a sun and moon motif from Warsome hakase's sketches? With Urobuchi's love for BLACK and Sengoku comng right out and saying "god like power," I wouldn't be shocked to see a parallel emerge between the Creation King from BLACK and the apparently sentient Helheim forest.

Also I really enjoy how the whole Hase thing comes up at this point to echo what happeded with Yuuya and how it effects Kouta while letting him remain ignorant of what he really did in episode one while still learning the lesson and leaving room for him to be further crushed by figuring out who Byakko used to be later on. The structure of this show is REALLY good.

Final thing, why must we go back to human evolution? that and testing on kids makes me think Urobuchi was advised to rip stuff from the oh-so-popular W.

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Final thing, why must we go back to human evolution? that and testing on kids makes me think Urobuchi was advised to rip stuff from the oh-so-popular W.

Human evolution is a staple of the franchise and isn't testing on kids a pretty standard thing for sci-fi villains? It's an easy way to show how dangerous and morally abhorrent they are, and it came up only once in W (as a precursor to Kirihiko trying to escape Museum, since he wasn't evil enough to do it)

tigerblood

I am KamenRiderPEZ
^ All valid points.
I suppose I'm just I'm thinking back to SHOCKER and the quest for power was about WORLD DOMINATION, where as Papa Terror was into preserving Humanity by forcing evolution, then Gamou copied him and now it is here again explicitly stated as EVOLVING HUMANITY. To what end? Just cause? I guess Agito has evolution as a core concept too, right? It just feels a little much because it was so recent. Is a patern forming, where every villain group every other year is going to be striving for human evolution? Please no.

And where are the Coconut Arms, RIGHT?

NeonZ

I suppose I'm just I'm thinking back to SHOCKER and the quest for power was about WORLD DOMINATION, where as Papa Terror was into preserving Humanity by forcing evolution, then Gamou copied him and now it is here again explicitly stated as EVOLVING HUMANITY.

Shocker was about human evolution too. The "altered human" experiments weren't just a way to create powerful combatants, but also create a superior race. They were pretty obviously inspired by Nazism.