Kamen Rider Fourze Urban Legends Quizzes: why no Black and RX?

I finally got through all of the Urban Legend Quizzes from Fourze (I hadn't seen the ones after Stronger until now). Why didn't they make episodes for Black and Black RX rather than doing a two-part final exam? Is it because part of RX technically took place in the Heisei era?

Also curious is the fact that the Super-1 episode didn't mention his five pairs of hands and compare them to Fourze's Modules. That's a pretty big thing to overlook.

Speaking about absences, I thought it was weird that they didn't mention the role of the other Riders in Skyrider at all, considering how it's a fairly big part of the show, with about 20 episodes with past Riders, including the one where he gets his upgrade and the final arc.

I finally got through all of the Urban Legend Quizzes from Fourze (I hadn't seen the ones after Stronger until now). Why didn't they make episodes for Black and Black RX rather than doing a two-part final exam? Is it because part of RX technically took place in the Heisei era?

Although we usually look at the "Showa" period as an uniform classification, there are really quite a few divisions there, like the Legendary 7 (the uninterrupted original run up to Stronger). The first 10 Riders often was seen as a cut off point too, since they all had Hirayama Tooru as the main producer and there's another break of a few years before Black and Black RX. So, due to that, several Showa-related works seem to use ZX as the stopping point, like the Kamen Rider Spirits manga and the Kamen Rider Eve/Gaia novel.

It also doesn't help that all remaining ones (Black, RX and the 90s movies) are mostly standalone, with no further appearances of the past Riders. Even Black RX, although featuring them in the final 7 episodes, mishandled and minimized that appearance so much that it's not surprising that their appearance there is usually overlooked with ZX seen as the end of their story, rather than Black RX.

Last edited:
Wasn't there only a dozen quiz episodes? Maybe they just filmed one a month while the show was on? I think they did separate episodes for Ichigo and Nigo and V3 and Riderman (rather than just two episodes for the two series), so that might have filled up the episode count.

It's been ages since I watched the quizzes (or even thought about Fourze really) but IIRC correctly each member of the KRC (except for Fourze and Meteor) have names that are somehow related to a Showa Rider - Tomoko's family name is Nozama which is just 'Amazon' backwards, if you took Kamen Rider X's real name and turn it into initials you get 'JK', and so on. Each member of the club hosts the quiz episode dedicated to the Rider that their name comes from. And then there's a couple more randomly stuck on the end :sweat:

The thing I liked about those quizzes is that they started off trying to do them in character, but as they go on they just give up on it and start being themselves. I think they even stopped calling each other by their character names by the end. It was nice to see the real people.

Wasn't there only a dozen quiz episodes?
Maybe they just filmed one a month while the show was on? I think they did separate episodes for Ichigo and Nigo and V3 and Riderman (rather than just two episodes for the two series), so that might have filled up the episode count.
That's his point though. There were 12 videos, but they only cover 10 Riders and then go back to them again for the last two, rather than going for Black and Black RX with the last two.

It's been ages since I watched the quizzes (or even thought about Fourze really) but IIRC correctly each member of the KRC (except for Fourze and Meteor) have names that are somehow related to a Showa Rider - Tomoko's family name is Nozama which is just 'Amazon' backwards, if you took Kamen Rider X's real name and turn it into initials you get 'JK', and so on. Each member of the club hosts the quiz episode dedicated to the Rider that their name comes from. And then there's a couple more randomly stuck on the end :sweat:
The name references go up to Amazon, although Gentaro is associated with Stronger too in both Megamax and those videos.

Wasn't there only a dozen quiz episodes? Maybe they just filmed one a month while the show was on?

The Quizzes came with each DVD volume release. The later Quizzes show the cast with the different hairstyles and clothes that they were wearing as the show was ongoing. So I'm pretty sure the Quizzes were filmed every four months at the least.

Ryusei did Skyrider, Super-1 and ZX, and Shun returned for the Final Exam.

The thing I liked about those quizzes is that they started off trying to do them in character, but as they go on they just give up on it and start being themselves. I think they even stopped calling each other by their character names by the end. It was nice to see the real people.

They alternate between in-character and real-life from the beginning.

I thought Black was seen on the urban legend website in Fourze next to 1971 Kamen Rider, Kuuga and Super-1? I always believed the 1971-Black RX, Kuuga and Kiva (Seen on Ryoma's computer) exist in the same universe as W-Drive.

I thought Black was seen on the urban legend website in Fourze next to 1971 Kamen Rider, Kuuga and Super-1? I always believed the 1971-Black RX, Kuuga and Kiva (Seen on Ryoma's computer) exist in the same universe as W-Drive.

Black RX is shown as a Urban Legend in episode 2, but so is Kuuga. This topic isn't about that, it's about the Rider Urban Legends Quiz DVD extra features.

Heroes are forever
I think they just decided to go with the first 10. Frankly, I'm surprised they went beyond Stronger in the first place.