I see where you're coming from, yeah. But then Yuuki gets a lot more focus and is more important to the story than JK

Oh, definitely. No question about it. Even Kengo acknowledged that in his letter.

I'm actually surprised at how I grew to like her, when I loathed her so much initially.

Lurker
I rank it right in the middle. Most of the episodes were ok, some where down right great, but there where a couple that I found boring and when it got annoying, it got really annoying.

I'll give it between a C+ and a B-.

I have no score for this. But what I can say is this.

Fourze was okay, its just Gentaro seemed to annoy me in the beginning and it made me wish there was a secondary rider that would teach Gentaro a lesson that he can't make everyone his friends and that friendship was nothing.

Meteor was okay I guess. But he's cool with the Bruce Lee influence in him. But for Jiro, he should've joined the bad guys later on.

Ya know what would've been better for Fourze? If they stop the "one monster in a 2-part episode" trick and start sending out 2 monsters in every 2-part episode! Plus a rider influenced by the zodiarts and act like Chalice! They could've send all those monsters Undead-style.

I was uncomfortable of Ryusei hiding his identity. Too bad someone would've been the first to know his true facade and Aries could've appeared along with Meteor's debut just to watch him behind the scenes.

Plus more episodes than 48! OH YEAH AND.... TACHIBANA SHOULD'VE BEEN UTAHOSHI ROKURO WHO SURVIVED! Emoto could've at least known or didn't. And Sonoda should've stayed!

Emoto could've done both Fourze & Meteor systems, while Rokuro (who should've survived) would've worked on a purified zodiarts rider system.

Last edited:
Raxbait: Hip
We're doing letter grades now? :laugh:

Uh, let's see...I mean, I didn't really like the show from the get-go (seriously, the acting from Gentarou's actor was still bad throughout the entire series and that bothered me, at least the supporting cast was better). I'd say, there were about 10 or so episodes in the series I did like. Few moments here and there that did make me giggle or be in awe.

But yeah, the comedy here wasn't really good. People complain about the OOO and W comedy, those I really didn't have a problem with, but Fourze was pretty much Go-onger KR ver. I don't think it was executed well overall.

Fourze is probably near the bottom of the list, which kinda bums me out cause it had potential, I just think the comedy was too much. Had they toned it down I think the show would've been better. It needed to have balance like W and OOO. Cause even during the serious moments in the show I had a hard time giving interest :/

So guess I'll give it a D+/C-.

Edit: Also yes, KEITH if YOU can watch FOURZE then you can watch Den-o, my gawd lol.

I enjoyed the characters and didn't find myself ever bored.

In fact, amusingly enough, I thought the last episode was the weakest in the series. It didn't feel like an ending but just a next stage of the adventure. And, with only a movie or whatever left it kind of just feels blah. Not very satisfactory. Plus I thought the last two fights were a bit too easy for Meteor and Fourze. But it is what it is.

But I give the show a solid A-. It had it's moments of silliness but also had some amazing twists and turns. It kept me entertained and I love all the characters. I'll miss the show and can only hope Wizard keeps me as entertained.

PARTY HARD
I stopped watching Fourze around Libra's/Meteor's debut because I felt the series was just a bit too much for me to take in. WHen I meant too much, I meant it was hard to tolerate. I guess the silliness in it just really turned me off. It sort of picked up when I decided to rewatch it, and Meteor came by, starting a friend/enemy/companion (or friendenemapanion for short) sort of thing, and then started **** in general, kind of picked it up for me.

The series fluctuated with my interests during the three summer days I spent catching up with the series into Pisces' debut. But what won me over were the last two episodes; mainly the crying scenes. A series can win me over if it can make me cry, and those two scenes in both episodes were really heart warming (especially when everyone there started crying). Overall, the ending didn't really sit well with me. I felt something was still missing...

"What happened to those sent to the Dark Nebula? They just left the show for good and that's it?"

I've been thinking about that as episode 47 debuted, and I just wondered if we'll at least catch a glimpse of them again. So I give this a good....hm...probably B, B-.

In Justice, We Trust!
I stopped watching Fourze around Libra's/Meteor's debut because I felt the series was just a bit too much for me to take in. WHen I meant too much, I meant it was hard to tolerate. I guess the silliness in it just really turned me off. It sort of picked up when I decided to rewatch it, and Meteor came by, starting a friend/enemy/companion (or friendenemapanion for short) sort of thing, and then started **** in general, kind of picked it up for me.

I can see that, Yuki's antics became unbearably annoying after awhile, and there was a time were I was more excited for Gobuster then I was Fourze.

I liked the series a lot from the beginning. I was a big fan of his more unusual design, the space theme and the over the top sillyness is a bit different for Kamen Rider (at least the past few seasons). I wasn't sure how I'd react to the school setting at first, I imagined it was going to be pretty generic Japanese anime stuff, but I'm glad they really went in a different direction with that.

But as others have said, the second half of the series seemed to fall apart. Meteor's plot dragged out far too long and then when they finally ended that arc, he basically stopped being relevant. His rivalry with Leo could have been great, if it didn't materialize from no where in the last two episodes. I really liked his design as well, until they completely ruined it with his Storm upgrade, which I think was used in every single fight scene from then on. He quickly went from being one of my favourite riders, to someone I didn't care about at all.

I also have to criticize them for using the same plot with the partner/friend character for the third time running and for the fact they just randomly bring him back at the end. I don't mind if they want to include a little melodrama, but what's the point of the big teary farewell, only to have it be a complete fake out? I didn't fall for it for a single second this time and that really hurt the tone of the final episode for me.

Bottom line.. I think there was a lot to like about this series, but the plot felt very rushed and poorly thought out towards the end. If they took advantage of what they had, it could have been a great series. Instead, I'd rate it as merely okay. I don't think it ever became unwatchable, it just could have been so much better with a bit more planning.