Kamen Rider Fourze Discussion Thread - Switch On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so easy when you're evil
Den-O's ratings were crap, too. It was just the merchandise that sold.

It's the same story with Heisei Rider in general, isn't it? The shows perform average-poor, but the merch sells by the truckload, hence why Toei is so focused on creating shows with lots of merchandise potential.

Den-O's ratings were crap, too. It was just the merchandise that sold.

Merchandising and DVDs. In fact, at least comparatively to the other Rider shows, DVDs did better than merchandising in Den-O's case. A live event sold more than the standard tv show volumes of other series. A special talk show with the Imagin's VAs sold more than 30k, beating the dvd sales of every non-Den-O Heisei Rider movie

Chou Den-O Trilogy, however, couldn't go much past 6k, adding DVD and Blu-Ray. so it's pretty clear that they've ran out of steam for the Den-O franchise. I guess they might try to hype the 5 years anniversary next year, but they might just ignore it too considering how it's trending downwards...

二番目の翻訳者
It's the same story with Heisei Rider in general, isn't it? The shows perform average-poor, but the merch sells by the truckload, hence why Toei is so focused on creating shows with lots of merchandise potential.

Depends. The first four shows, Kuuga through Faiz, did well in both ratings and merch (Agito had the highest ratings but was only average for merch). Decade and W both also did pretty well in ratings and also merch. Den-O and OOO did poorly in ratings but well in merch. Conversely, Hibiki did well in ratings and sold **** for merch. Shows like Blade, Kabuto, and Kiva did fair-to-poorly in both.

On the merch level, I'm a little concerned about Fourze's toys and their sales potential. They're clearly building off what OOO did and the belt does look fun as hell to play with, but I just worry that they're less elegant and maybe too bulky to be as appealing as the medals. What say you, toy collectors?

私の占いは当たる
Gentaro may qualify as having the worst fucking haircut I've seen in a long time. The person who came up with the idea for the main hero to look like such a weirdo should be stabbed in the knee cap.

What makes it worse is that nobody says a damn word about it.

I love how garbage like "Den-O" is super popular, but not something as clever as this.

If you think this is clever maybe you should go watch Power Rangers Samurai.

Apology for OOO?:eyebrow: OOO had one of the best second half and the finale, if not, the best.

If you think a show spinning on its own wheels and going nowhere for a long time makes "one of the best" series... Really, OOO is only a good series to people who loved the cast. Otherwise, there was nothing there.

The ending was executed well enough but that hardly makes up for everything else to people who aren't fans of the characters and/or actors.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
If you think a show spinning on its own wheels and going nowhere for a long time makes "one of the best" series... Really, OOO is only a good series to people who loved the cast. Otherwise, there was nothing there.

The ending was executed well enough but that hardly makes up for everything else to people who aren't fans of the characters and/or actors.

Read again, second half and finale, I never said the series as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.