*smooth jazz*
Again, off-screen rescue.

In before "Hey it's not showed on-screen or even mentioned, so it never happened."

When a series spends so much time building up a plot point, uses that plot point to remove several well-liked characters, reveals that those characters could be rescued, reveals that (if rescued) the characters could still impact the plot, and then later on implies that those characters are in danger because of said plot point: a rescue should not happen off-screen. Taking that route is a cop-out and just bad writing all around. What the writers did was raise a host of questions and then sweep the whole mess under the rug to be forgotten.

"In-before" or not, unless some implication is given that a rescue took place, then you can't make the claim that the rescue happened off-screen. That's just a rule of the medium.

Saying that 'Well, Gentaro went and rescued them, you just didn't see it.' is like saying: 'Gamou's sudden sickness at the end was just an act and he really escaped and left to see the Presenters later-- you just didn't see it.' You're going beyond what the show has implied/told us to establish something else.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
This is one of my gripes for the past episodes. At times it's her only line, though I suppose that's slightly better than having no line at all (e.g Shun, JK, Miu).

Is it like a running thing in Japanese media? Like with OOO there was Hina and her constant "Eiji-kun!" and then Bleach has Orihime and the infamous "KUROSAKI-KUUUUUUUN!"

D

Dr Kain

Fourze 48:
- Isn't Shun a little young to propose marriage? This isn't exactly 1930s America where you could probably pull that off.

They both graduated High school, meaning they have to 18.

Out of what I've seen (Toku-wise)

OOO {MOST FAVORITE}
Double
Go-Busters
RyuKenDo (up to ep 35)
Decade
Fourze {LEAST FAVORITE}

Gobusters hasn't ended. And how can you honestly think it is better than Fourze? I mean, while I will always take Sentai over Rider, Gobusters has had little to no plot as opposed to Fourze which was always advancing the plot. And really, OOO before W?

Actually, forget that, how can you like Decade better than Fourze when Decade did not even get an actual ending?

Gobusters has had little to no plot as opposed to Fourze which was always advancing the plot. And really, OOO before W?

Actually, forget that, how can you like Decade better than Fourze when Decade did not even get an actual ending?

Um you say it like that's so out there. When a lot of people would question your love for horrible things like Kiva. And yes I like Decade more than Fourze. Just because I had more fun watching it, and it was my first Rider experience.

They both graduated High school, meaning they have to 18.

I know they graduated. But 18 is an age to get married? If it was as a normal present to try to rekindle their relationship, then fine. But I just find it hard to buy that he wanted to get married that young, especially in modern Japan.

Again, off-screen rescue.

In before "Hey it's not showed on-screen or even mentioned, so it never happened."
I'm more with Solo the Wingman on this one. If they mentioned doing it, or intending to do it, I'd be fine with it. But just saying "they did it but just never mentioned it on screen" doesn't sit right with me. Part of the rules of the medium is that major events will be shown if they happen. Otherwise we would have extra States appearing from nowhere and/or characters appearing and disappearing at random. Certain things are reasonable enough that they can be presumed - I assume Shun and Miu are actually attending their university courses even though we never see them there. Other things you can't just assume they did without mentioning it. I can presume that Gentaro and Miu were secretly dating ever since prom and just not mentioning it to save Shun's feelings and stop Gentaro loosing the power of Cosmic. But nothing in the narrative suggests that, so I can't just take it as given that a major event like that could happen and just not get mentioned (sorry Gen/Miu shippers). My feeling is that rescuing fairly important secondary villains is big enough that it would warrant at least a mention if it happened off-screen. They only had to mention it in a single passing line and I'd accept it happening even if they didn't show it. As things stand, it's as valid to say that Virgo only teleported Tomoko and Ryusei to M-Bus and actually was throwing the others into the dark nebula to certain doom.

Gobusters hasn't ended. And how can you honestly think it is better than Fourze? I mean, while I will always take Sentai over Rider, Gobusters has had little to no plot as opposed to Fourze which was always advancing the plot. And really, OOO before W?

I'd consider myself to be a Rider fan before a Sentai fan. Of the first dozen toku series I watched, eleven of them were Rider shows (Kuuga through Double) and only one was a Sentai (Shinkenger). But I'd take Go-Busters over Fourze. There are things I've enjoyed about both shows, but Fourze has at times managed to piss me off in a way that Go-Busters has yet to do. Go-Busters is the one I most looked forward to each week, often watching it as soon as possible, while leaving Fourze to whenever I had some spare time later in the week. Similarly, Decade was the first Kamen Rider series I ever saw, and it managed to ignite a love for the franchise that has made me track down and watch almost every episode, film, and special in the franchise made since 1990, and as such it has something of a special status that gives it a free pass as far as I'm concerned. I can see all the flaws it has, but there were good things about it too. I know there's another thread at the moment for listing your favourite rider series in order of preference, and while I don't know where Fourze would go in it yet (I like to give a show some time before I give a final verdict on it) I'm sure Decade would be in the top half of my list.
I know they graduated. But 18 is an age to get married? If it was as a normal present to try to rekindle their relationship, then fine. But I just find it hard to buy that he wanted to get married that young, especially in modern Japan.
Shun's only personality trait is his unrequited love for Miu, who true to type, blew him off (though he never actually asks her, it's just her reaction that suggests it). I know people who've got engaged at 18. It's rarer in modern first-world countries, but not unheard of. Tbh I just took it as one last gag at butt-monkey Shun's expense.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Shun's only personality trait is his unrequited love for Miu, who true to type, blew him off (though he never actually asks her, it's just her reaction that suggests it). I know people who've got engaged at 18. It's rarer in modern first-world countries, but not unheard of. Tbh I just took it as one last gag at butt-monkey Shun's expense.

Pretty much this. But then I guess maybe they could have a long engagement and not get married until they finish college?

Toei's website suggests that Shun, Miu and Ryuusei aren't part of the Kamen Rider Club any more, which is sad, but then we know they'll all be back for Movie Wars.

D

Dr Kain

I'd consider myself to be a Rider fan before a Sentai fan. Of the first dozen toku series I watched, eleven of them were Rider shows (Kuuga through Double) and only one was a Sentai (Shinkenger). But I'd take Go-Busters over Fourze. There are things I've enjoyed about both shows, but Fourze has at times managed to piss me off in a way that Go-Busters has yet to do. Go-Busters is the one I most looked forward to each week, often watching it as soon as possible, while leaving Fourze to whenever I had some spare time later in the week.

I can understand not liking Fourze, but Gobusters is a chore to watch. Nothing is happening in that show, barely any of the cast is likable, the Buddyroids are absolutely useless, the villains do nothing and are of no threat to the rangers, and the base trio serve no purpose to the show (not to mention the commander looks bored all of the time).

Aronbafon
Well considering Miu, Ryusei and Shun aren't students at Amanogawa it makes sense for them not being official members.