In Justice, We Trust!
^ Likewise, just because they didn't show him picking up the switches doesn't mean he did. Was he able to gather all of them? Who knows if all the switches conveniently fell near his location, or if the others were thrown elsewhere?

Don't all 12 Zodiarts appear in the new Fourze movie? We might be seeing them as new Switchers then.

And I'm kinda glad that it was Gamou who revived Kengo, and they didn't do some cheesy friendship revival...although him becoming a real human? Totally called that one.

Also liked the Wizard cameo towards the end, poor Shun LOL.

Don't all 12 Zodiarts appear in the new Fourze movie? We might be seeing them as new Switchers then.

The Fourze solo movie has to take place before the Pisces arc, and...

The dummy Horoscope Switches in the movie don't have human users.

D

Dr Kain

Well we just finished the last four episodes of Fourze and wow, what a great series the show turned out to be. The series as a whole had a rough start for me, but after two episodes, I was hooked. The monster designs were excellent, especially those belonging to Gemini, Virgo, and Sagittarius. The characters were well done, ableit not as developed as I would have liked. I really think Daimonji and Miu should have left the show after they graduated because their stories were finished and they really didn't do too much afterwards, but other than that, I have no complaints on the main cast. My biggest complaint though would be the lack of development on the villains side. For such strong and intimidating villains, they didn't do anything to make us care for them at all. I think my other complaint was there was no danger of any of the students actually dying, just getting injured. I would have liked to have seen what would have happened had one of the students actually died from using a Zodiart Switch.

Nevertheless, unlike the other show that began airing during Fourze's run, at least the Zodiarts in general felt like an actual threat. I think my final complaint is that it was just predictable. I guessed who everyone was episodes before they even revealed themselves. The only one that took me by surprise was Tachibana's identity, but other than that, I could tell you who was whom when it came to the main Horoscopes. Nevertheless, the story of the show as extremely well done, the action was fantastic to watch, the switches actually played their gimmicks well and there were some really cool combos done throughout the show (albeit spread out at times). And finally, the ending was great. Except for ignoring those that were "sent" into the Dark Nebula subplot that seemed to be forgotten after Virgo revealed where they really were, I have no complaints. In fact, it is hard to believe Toei has managed to pull off three Rider shows in a row without an ending that feels lackluster or half-assed.

With that said, I look forward to see what they can pull off in Wizard, and I look forward to more cameos from Foundation X because they did not have enough screen time in Fourze (in fact, not including the movie, their one shot cameo seemed forced in and pointless since nothing became of it).

With that said, "SPACE IS AWESOME!!"

Wait, maybe it's "IT'S SPACE TIIIIIIIIME!!"

Either way, the show rocked.

Fourze 48:

- I really enjoy the creepy "alien conspiracy" music that plays whenever Gamou is around.

- Really, we needed more Ohsugi nonsense?

On the other hand, nice to see Alternative Rider and Harumi again.

- Bike henshin!

- I don't mind the other Horoscopes being redeemed, but Gamou should have gone out as a villain. He's the big cult leader, the one who manipulated everyone to do his bidding. It's fine that he told the Club to seek the Presenters, but at the very least go out like Bias in Liveman.

What was that ceremony supposed to do, anyway? Show him they persevered despite him? Forgiveness trumps revenge? I think you can portray the ideal of justice without going the "let's be buddies now!" route, even though it's Gentaro's thing. Have at least some moral indignation.

- The Chairman and Principal are both missing? Did you not hear his final speech?? Were you out trying to kill Yui again?

- Isn't Shun a little young to propose marriage? This isn't exactly 1930s America where you could probably pull that off.

- Ok, this makes no sense. The Horoscopes spent all this time causing mayhem to meet a bunch of aliens whose character and intentions we have no idea of. And now the Club gleefully declares they will go find them? Just because Kengo was their creation, and he's their friend? They're awfully trusting of a race they know absolutely nothing about.

If the Presenters are so powerful, why didn't one of them try to interfere with Gamou's plans? They were either ignorant, ambivalent, or supported it like gods demanding sacrifice. At least have some foreboding mixed with the optimism.

------------------------------

So that was Fourze. Overall I'd say it's an ok show, but it rather wasted a lot of its ideas.

- A sinister ufology cult with people gladly taking the cyanide, so to speak; a main hero with a Randall McMurphy schtick; dramatic peer vs. peer a la Liveman, among other things. But all of this got watered down by the forced-in silliness. Gentaro came off as too much of a clown, with not enough of a "heroic feel". Plus his friendship theme gets ridiculous at times with the way he carries it out.
Yuki was an Akiko rehash who rarely acted like a normal person. Ohsugi was a huge waste (I'd much rather have had someone like Godai's old teacher in Kuuga).

- The Horoscopes were rushed through at the end and made the villains lose their cult 'feel'. No more about attracting worthy followers, but collecting their Switches and tossing them aside. I don't mind that Gamou just wanted to use them, but let each Horoscopes last a while longer instead of continual two-parters. It's more satisfying to see a villain defeated when they have been around in enough episodes to make even a little impact.

- The final episodes all felt rushed, like they thought they had more episodes but found out different. No mention of the Presenters or the Core Child until the last minute. No build up at all.

- The rigid adherence to W's story structure, almost to the minute detail, was a bit annoying. We've seen all this before.

Fourze is not bad, it had a lot of good ideas, but I wish it had been better. Of the post-Decade Riders I'd still place W at the top; I think it realized the concepts it shared with Fourze better than Fourze, and did a better job integrating the traits of Rider in a fresh way.

The new Tendou Souji
- The Chairman and Principal are both missing? Did you not hear his final speech?? Were you out trying to kill Yui again?

:laugh:
Don't you know? As a young girl, she tended to draw telescopes and such all the time. It was her dream to go into space!

uTCHuuu kitaaaa
How many times did Nozama uttered "Ryuusei-san" in the past few episodes?
Quite a lot, right?:sweat:

Out of what I've seen (Toku-wise)

OOO {MOST FAVORITE}
Double
Go-Busters
RyuKenDo (up to ep 35)
Decade
Fourze {LEAST FAVORITE}

It's not that I'm saying Fourze was "the worst show ever" I'm sure that there might be worse toku out there. But Fourze could have been done SO MUCH BETTER.

1) Less time with Scorpio (or have one of the MotW Horiscopes carry over)
2) Explain Gamou's plot earlier.
3) Reveal Sagittarius a bit earlier. (Gamou's Kaijin form didn't appear until mid 40s. A bit late in my opinion)
4) Explain Gamou's plot better. (I still don't know what he was going to do once he met the Presenters)
5) There could be more...but I can't think of them without watching the whole series again, and I don't want to MARATHON the series so soon. maybe after Wizard+1, I might come back to this. But until I do good riddance to you good sir. You were decent.

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!
...they never rescued Sonada and the other Switchers from the Nimbus did they?

they're probably still up there in the Nimbus.

How many times did Nozama uttered "Ryuusei-san" in the past few episodes?
Quite a lot, right?:sweat:

This is one of my gripes for the past episodes. At times it's her only line, though I suppose that's slightly better than having no line at all (e.g Shun, JK, Miu).