CugTWUNXEAAW2KW.jpg:small

SILVER CHARIOT!!!

This week: Poppy seems to outrank the director, obligatory pouting secondary Rider, a complete non-explaination for why level 1 exists, the palette swap cameos again, pre-marriage jitters, and a rusty old sword that looks suspiciously like Kuuga Titan's.

Last edited:
I think with this week, we've finally gotten a better feel of the show itself. After the first weeks zaniness, I'm a bit more inclined to watch Ex-Aid as a whole with the introduction of Brave. It seems like Snipe is going to be a very interesting, if not complex character as well, and I'm excited for what we're going to get.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

This is amazing.
I can't even remember when any show made such an outstanding comeback in the second episode.
Ex-Aid is officially transitioned into self-parody. And a damn hilarious one.

I couldn't stop laughing the entire episode just from utter ridiculousness of everything. They didn't even try to present Brave as anything serious. I laughed my ass out from every "serious" moment with him about doing "an operation" or doing serious speech about his philosophy... while eating a freaking strawberry cake! Holy ****, this is some KR comedy gold. And of course he would make an ice-pun and call his sword "scalpel". Because all serious and dark heroes do these things :laugh:
Also, Ex-Aid didn't even pretend that this week's "victim of a week" bears any significance. Series like OOO would have one of the supporting characters spend time with victim's wife to solve her moral problems, but since Ex-Aid has pretty much no support cast, he barely presents her at all and main hero spends with her like five minutes total, quickly going from her problems to his moral disagreements with Brave.

Holy ****. If the whole season is going to be like this, we're in for some damn good year in Kamen Rider.

It was the funniest thing I've seen in Riders since probably W-days or even earlier.

Also, OP is great and Genm makes a good first impression.

Lurker
This is amazing.
I can't even remember when any show made such an outstanding comeback in the second episode.
Ex-Aid is officially transitioned into self-parody. And a damn hilarious one.

I couldn't stop laughing the entire episode just from utter ridiculousness of everything. They didn't even try to present Brave as anything serious. I laughed my ass out from every "serious" moment with him about doing "an operation" or doing serious speech about his philosophy... while eating a freaking strawberry cake! Holy ****, this is some KR comedy gold. And of course he would make an ice-pun and call his sword "scalpel". Because all serious and dark heroes do these things :laugh:
Also, Ex-Aid didn't even pretend that this week's "victim of a week" bears any significance. Series like OOO would have one of the supporting characters spend time with victim's wife to solve her moral problems, but since Ex-Aid has pretty much no support cast, he barely presents her at all and main hero spends with her like five minutes total, quickly going from her problems to his moral disagreements with Brave.

Holy ****. If the whole season is going to be like this, we're in for some damn good year in Kamen Rider.

It was the funniest thing I've seen in Riders since probably W-days or even earlier.

Also, OP is great and Genm makes a good first impression.

Agreed, just brave seemed very asshole-ish to me, other than second great episode

R

raden238

I enjoyed episode 2. I'm glad that they explained why Lvl 1 forms even exist. As long as it serves a true purpose in the show and not for the sake of selling toys, Im good. I'm actually starting to get attached to those cute mascot Lvl 1 forms :laugh:. They are taking the Gaim route introducing a New Rider with every episode.

Lurker
Is it just me or does Ex-Aid's "cho-henshin" pose seems reminiscence of Kuuga's poses?

Is it just me or does Ex-Aid's "cho-henshin" pose seems reminiscence of Kuuga's poses?
You mean his "Dai Henshin!" pose? It's a direct copy (or as close as the stunt actor can manage while wearing the level one suit) of the hand movements used in Kamen Rider X's second henshin sequence (where X Rider also used the phrase "Dai Henshin").

22-26 seconds in
[video=youtube_share;7jeiyaLH9gE]http://youtu.be/7jeiyaLH9gE?t=22s[/video]​

Lurker
Oh, that's cool to know. XD Seems like the show's full of parodies and nods?

Two episodes in, and I'm still not fully sure how to feel about this show, but I'm glad others are getting a little more enjoyment out of it than I am. I guess. :shrug:

I can tell, based on this episode and the preview for the next one, we've pretty much set the status quo for the next few episodes. And basically, that's all I got out of this episode. The first one stirred my interest a little, but the second episode didn't do anything to satisfy that interest.

The one thing I found disappointing about this episode was that Emu/Ex-Aid didn't really shine as much as he did in the first episode. He made such a big deal about how a doctor's job isn't done until the patient is happy. The way this episode was going, I thought that would be his ultimate strength in the end. I thought for sure they were going to have a moment where Hiro/Brave physically heals the patient (AKA defeats the monster), but it's ultimately Emu that helps the patient and his girlfriend patch up their relationship, thus leading to the patient thanking Emu instead of Hiro. I was hoping they would end on a note where even if they disagree on their doctoring/hero methods, Hiro would at least see that Emu is not an intern to be looked down on. Instead, the episode ends with how it begins, with the two of them just disagreeing with each other. Outside of introducing Kamen Rider Brave, did this episode really accomplish anything important to the plot?

But hey, I'm behind and the next episode has all ready been released. So, onto Episode 3~!