Lurker
Sometime it seems like Drive's staff is in a state of internal war. Half of them want Kiriko/Shinn and the other Kiriko/Chase.

I already can't stand him and want him gone. It's good that there are only 8ish episodes where he hogs scenes. It's just probably a few development /resolution scenes with Gou/Kiriko and the rest being obnoxiously powerful.

It's the problem I had with Gaim. Micchy was just evil unlikeable bastard for so long and haad so much screentime. I can get motivations behind villains, thank you, no need to extend the torture.

Personally, the reason why I think Banno works while Micchy didn't is because, fist of all, Banno's reasoning seems to be that he's simply evil while Micchy's was jealousy, I think it's easier to accept Banno's, and the other reason is that, since Heart, Brain, and Medic are at least someone likable, the show needs a clear cut villain who is easy to hate.

Personally, the reason why I think Banno works while Micchy didn't is because, fist of all, Banno's reasoning seems to be that he's simply evil while Micchy's was jealousy, I think it's easier to accept Banno's, and the other reason is that, since Heart, Brain, and Medic are at least someone likable, the show needs a clear cut villain who is easy to hate.

Especially when Banno is the kind of villain who has no redeeming qualities. To where he reduced Medic into nothing but a puppet. Even the Riders felt that she didn't deserved that. At the same time, Heart protected them knowing that they may the only ones who can stop Banno.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Especially when Banno is the kind of villain who has no redeeming qualities. To where he reduced Medic into nothing but a puppet. Even the Riders felt that she didn't deserved that. At the same time, Heart protected them knowing that they may the only ones who can stop Banno.

Even Brain felt she didn't deserve that! But then I suppose that he a) had something in common with her (they both love Heart) and b) he knew that she made Heart happy ...

R

raden238

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2015/08/18/kamen-rider-drive-and-ninninger-out-of-top-10-in-week-two/

The Drive/Ninninger double feature is already out of the top 10 in the box office. According to Tokusatsu Network, that's the shortest amount of time any Toei tokusatsu movie has been listed (not counting movies that didn't premiere in the top 10).

Whoa even shorter than Kikaider Reboot? That debuted at #10 on opening day. Time to go back to drawing boards Toei and give us something different.

Whoa even shorter than Kikaider Reboot? That debuted at #10 on opening day. Time to go back to drawing boards Toei and give us something different.

I meant weekend grosses. I had no idea the film actually was on the chart for just a day.

Last edited:
Lurker
I feel like it's a combination of people in Japan being tired of certain things, Toei being behind the times, and how isolated Japan is.

Weibo continues surprising me! Found this images on /tokumaru.

9d7wVY3Sn2s.jpg

rk7pBUt-oM0.jpg

pFf9Pky5Ehg.jpg

As a huge Drive fan I can't remember seeing it in any Drive-related media. Even third image wasn't in Krim's speech. It's another point of a view.
So, guys, your thoughts?

Weibo continues surprising me! Found this images on /tokumaru.

9d7wVY3Sn2s.jpg

rk7pBUt-oM0.jpg

pFf9Pky5Ehg.jpg

As a huge Drive fan I can't remember seeing it in any Drive-related media. Even third image wasn't in Krim's speech. It's another point of a view.
So, guys, your thoughts?

It could be a shot of the last episode in which Krim regains a physical body and recreates Heart, Brain, and Medic

Or a flashback to before they went berserk hence the driver on Krim (before transferring his consciousness into it)

This is from a preview video for surprise future. it was a public speech in which Krim reveals how he got his new body, declares himself the king of the roimude, and gives the "good luck" speech seen on screens in Eiji's first segment. Though, I didn't see the backstage bit with the roimude. Extended edition maybe? or perhaps we're getting this scene as an exposition dump when future Krim shows back up next week.