Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

Galaxian

Lurker
Sometime it seems like Drive's staff is in a state of internal war. Half of them want Kiriko/Shinn and the other Kiriko/Chase.

I already can't stand him and want him gone. It's good that there are only 8ish episodes where he hogs scenes. It's just probably a few development /resolution scenes with Gou/Kiriko and the rest being obnoxiously powerful.

It's the problem I had with Gaim. Micchy was just evil unlikeable bastard for so long and haad so much screentime. I can get motivations behind villains, thank you, no need to extend the torture.

Personally, the reason why I think Banno works while Micchy didn't is because, fist of all, Banno's reasoning seems to be that he's simply evil while Micchy's was jealousy, I think it's easier to accept Banno's, and the other reason is that, since Heart, Brain, and Medic are at least someone likable, the show needs a clear cut villain who is easy to hate.

Wing Saber

Personally, the reason why I think Banno works while Micchy didn't is because, fist of all, Banno's reasoning seems to be that he's simply evil while Micchy's was jealousy, I think it's easier to accept Banno's, and the other reason is that, since Heart, Brain, and Medic are at least someone likable, the show needs a clear cut villain who is easy to hate.

Especially when Banno is the kind of villain who has no redeeming qualities. To where he reduced Medic into nothing but a puppet. Even the Riders felt that she didn't deserved that. At the same time, Heart protected them knowing that they may the only ones who can stop Banno.

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Especially when Banno is the kind of villain who has no redeeming qualities. To where he reduced Medic into nothing but a puppet. Even the Riders felt that she didn't deserved that. At the same time, Heart protected them knowing that they may the only ones who can stop Banno.

Even Brain felt she didn't deserve that! But then I suppose that he a) had something in common with her (they both love Heart) and b) he knew that she made Heart happy ...

raden238

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2015/08/18/kamen-rider-drive-and-ninninger-out-of-top-10-in-week-two/

The Drive/Ninninger double feature is already out of the top 10 in the box office. According to Tokusatsu Network, that's the shortest amount of time any Toei tokusatsu movie has been listed (not counting movies that didn't premiere in the top 10).

Whoa even shorter than Kikaider Reboot? That debuted at #10 on opening day. Time to go back to drawing boards Toei and give us something different.

Shaman-aka-King

Weibo continues surprising me! Found this images on /tokumaru.

9d7wVY3Sn2s.jpg

rk7pBUt-oM0.jpg

pFf9Pky5Ehg.jpg

As a huge Drive fan I can't remember seeing it in any Drive-related media. Even third image wasn't in Krim's speech. It's another point of a view.
So, guys, your thoughts?

Torahoko

Weibo continues surprising me! Found this images on /tokumaru.

9d7wVY3Sn2s.jpg

rk7pBUt-oM0.jpg

pFf9Pky5Ehg.jpg

As a huge Drive fan I can't remember seeing it in any Drive-related media. Even third image wasn't in Krim's speech. It's another point of a view.
So, guys, your thoughts?

It could be a shot of the last episode in which Krim regains a physical body and recreates Heart, Brain, and Medic

Or a flashback to before they went berserk hence the driver on Krim (before transferring his consciousness into it)

Timeline15

This is from a preview video for surprise future. it was a public speech in which Krim reveals how he got his new body, declares himself the king of the roimude, and gives the "good luck" speech seen on screens in Eiji's first segment. Though, I didn't see the backstage bit with the roimude. Extended edition maybe? or perhaps we're getting this scene as an exposition dump when future Krim shows back up next week.

Solari

Anyone know where the Kamen Rider wiki gets it's stats for Drive? (Like punching power, jump height, etc.)

Probably one of the official websites or infobooks.

The tv-asahi website has all the stats under the Rider(ライダー) and Mashin Chaser(魔進チェイサー) sections. Select the Rider and then the SPEC button.

Solari

^no problem!

The filming for Kamen Rider Drive has finished!( オールアップ)
Aug 20 was the last day of filming. Drive twitter has uploaded pics of the four main cast with flowers.

The tweet on the broadcast dates for episodes 41 to 44 of Drive is only for the areas in Japan in which Drive was pre-empted for high school baseball.(mainly the Kansai area)

Last edited:

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I probably would be sadder about the end of filming if we didn't already know that in less than a month's time they will all be back filming Movie Wars (and that they've still got cast stage events to go)

kotoam67

Lurker
Titles of next episodes :

9月6日    第45話   「ロイミュードの最後の夢とはなにか」     -> What it is that the last dream of Roimyuuds is.

9月13日   第46話   「彼らはなぜ戦わなければならなかったのか」 -> Why it is that they had to fight.

9月20日   第47話   「友よ、君はだれに未来を託すのか」 -> Who it is that you, my friend, will entrust the future to.

The title of the last episode of Drive (48th) is still not decided yet.

Shaman-aka-King

So this time has come. Roidmude List from the series doesn't match Roidmude List from the official website! Also there was so many Roidmudes killed off-screen this week... can anyone confirm what numbers was it?
Oh, and it seems like they retconned "Krim"'s belt. It was on him in episodes before movie but now it's gone.

Solari

^I'm thinking that that belt was the shell of the belt 004 and Banno used to make Gold Drive's belt.

066 was the one killed at the beginning by the Police
013 was the the shinigami roimude who got kicked around by Banno. 013, 022, 080(I think?) got killed by the 3 Riders.

The love comedy, and Brain's disguises were hilarious.

Looks like both Medic and Brain got their human forms on the night of the global freeze
The name of the human Brain had copied is Kineta Mitsuharu and he was part of the central information bureau.
The roidmude really take on a lot of the aspects of the human they copy. But I wonder about those who copy more than one human...

Last edited:

Shaman-aka-King

Roidmude 011, Roidmude 012, Roidmude 051, Roidmude 077, Roidmude 099, Roidmude 100 were killed off-screen judging by my comparison of Roidmude Lists on Toei website and episode itself.
So now we have only 20 Roidmudes alive. It's sad.

^I'm think that that belt was the shell of the belt 004 and Banno used to make Gold Drive's belt.

Hmm... maybe you are right. And maybe... if 004 copied Krim, he could use his memories to create another belt, yeah? This explains his presence in episodes 38-39 and movie with empty belt.

^ Wait 051's dead? managed to miss that seeing as I already had him listed as having appeared. But yeah, huge death toll this time and I guess it might be possible Kyu's head was obscuring some other deaths

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts