Kamen Rider Drive Episode 26 - Where is Chaser headed to?

30jo9he.png

Where Shinnosuke deals with the aftermath of coming out as Drive and Kiriko deals with the aftermath of rescuing Chase from death

===============================================

More cop drama homages come in (i.e. that trope about the police being run by the enemy). Shinnosuke's background explored more, Chaser comes in axes ablazing.

Love the tiny moments in this episode, like Chief finally becoming serious, Kiriko's owning up to the fact that she put everyone in danger, the ridiculous axe, "Arrest him, according to human rules", Shinnosuke teasing Kiriko for her ear-to-ear grin after being saved, Heart's farewell to Chase ("Farewell, friend")

Great episode all throughout.

Last edited:
Lurker
This episode is truly epic, Chaser's debut is amazing. I'm surprised that Heart did not get angry of Chase switching side. The revelation of 001 at the end was interesting, I think the series is moving to a darker tone

Lurker
This episode is truly epic, Chaser's debut is amazing. I'm surprised that Heart did not get angry of Chase switching side. The revelation of 001 at the end was interesting, I think the series is moving to a darker tone

that's the thing that got me puzzled and with 001 emergence was interesting and the story is now getting goooooooooooooood i've been happy with Kamen Rider Drive so far. Great episode and so far a fun watch, even if the fandom disagrees wit Drive I like the show so far so good.

Lurker
I guess, since Chase is a Roidmude, Heart still sees he as a friend... Just one that he hast to go through to achieve whatever goal he has.

It speaks volumes of Heart's character and makes him one of the most interesting villains in the franchise. Instead of the whole "with us or against us" speech, he simply let Chase decide what to do for himself, probably realizing that forcing Chase to continue on their side will not solve anything long term. I'm kind of reminded of Maki leaving his doll with Chiyoko during the last episode, just because they are both evil doesn't mean that they don't care for others, even if they are part of the good guys.

Technically, Heart is what his name is. He has feelings and obviously doesn't care mostly about himself. I could see him turn sides too, but since he killed Krim, it will be very hard to be accepted, or even end up like Chase.

Brain seems to be picking up now that 001 is "back to business". Let's see how that goes. I really loved that episode, even though I am waiting for the subs to understand everything (and see it all in its glory).

I am wondering if Gou is jealous/angry that Chase got a Maha Driver, which seems more powerful that his, or that Chase gets to be seen as a hero, so he is not going to be killed by anyone.

I am wondering if Gou is jealous/angry that Chase got a Maha Driver, which seems more powerful that his, or that Chase gets to be seen as a hero, so he is not going to be killed by anyone.

I think it's (slightly) less petty than that. Gou didn't experience Proto-Drive like Kiriko did. From his perspective, someone who's been actively trying to kill Shin for a long time and has had his programming fiddled with and "updated" multiple times by the other Roidmudes has now been trustingly welcomed into the fold with apparently no doubts from anyone else whatsoever. And worst of all it's Gou's own sister who the killer robot is close to. Any little brother's protective urges towards their sister would be triggered by a situation like this, it'd be weirder if Gou didn't have a problem with this.

Add in the fact Gou just hates Roidmudes in general, and has never agreed with Shin and Kiriko's desire to give them the benefit of the doubt, and yeah, I'm not surprised he's mad.

I think it's (slightly) less petty than that. Gou didn't experience Proto-Drive like Kiriko did. From his perspective, someone who's been actively trying to kill Shin for a long time and has had his programming fiddled with and "updated" multiple times by the other Roidmudes has now been trustingly welcomed into the fold with apparently no doubts from anyone else whatsoever. And worst of all it's Gou's own sister who the killer robot is close to. Any little brother's protective urges towards their sister would be triggered by a situation like this, it'd be weirder if Gou didn't have a problem with this.

Add in the fact Gou just hates Roidmudes in general, and has never agreed with Shin and Kiriko's desire to give them the benefit of the doubt, and yeah, I'm not surprised he's mad.

I agree with this 100%. Gou's actions so far are perfectly understandable given his motivations. At the very least, he still lets Shinnosuke rein him in, and I appreciate Gou for it.

All we need now is the reason behind his motivations.

I agree with this 100%. Gou's actions so far are perfectly understandable given his motivations. At the very least, he still lets Shinnosuke rein him in, and I appreciate Gou for it.

All we need now is the reason behind his motivations.

I think next week will reveal why Gou has so much animosity towards the Roimudes. To where he wound up getting a slap from Kiriko for trying to kill Chase.

Last edited:
Lurker
Technically, Heart is what his name is. He has feelings and obviously doesn't care mostly about himself. I could see him turn sides too, but since he killed Krim, it will be very hard to be accepted, or even end up like Chase.

Note that throughout the series Heart doesn't get mad that they plans keep getting delayed by the Riders, unlike Brain and Medic, but instead over the fact that Roidmudes keep getting destroyed. If 001 were to share Medic's view that "useless" Roidmudes are better off destroyed, I can see Heart, not so much switching sides, but being force the begrudgingly team up with the Riders towards the end, maybe in dying as he tries to take 001 down.

Btw, is anyone else expecting 001 to look like Krim?