Kamen Rider Drive - Episode 15, "When Will These Feelings Reach You?"

Maybe it's that Roidmude's just choose specific traits, and how they choose to develop that and whom they use for their human form is all up to the individual Roidmude?

I realise that the real world answer is "because then they'd have no episode" but was anyone else watching this and wondering why the regulars repeatedly hear Lira say that the Roidmude is her old boyfriend (and then have to chase after her because she's constantly running off to try and see him) and at no point explain to her that it's a robot pretending to be him and not the actual man? That wouldn't even spoil the twist at the end because the story has already included (last week) an example of a Roidmude copying a person without killing them.

Maybe I've just seen too much toku and my suspension of disbelief is fading? :shakefist
Chase's struggle with his good and evil programming = Kikaider?
I think that ship has already sunk :sweat:

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
The whole 'copied trait' thing wasn't well explained early on if you ask me.

I realise that the real world answer is "because then they'd have no episode" but was anyone else watching this and wondering why the regulars repeatedly hear Lira say that the Roidmude is her old boyfriend (and then have to chase after her because she's constantly running off to try and see him) and at no point explain to her that it's a robot pretending to be him and not the actual man? That wouldn't even spoil the twist at the end because the story has already included (last week) an example of a Roidmude copying a person without killing them.

Maybe I've just seen too much toku and my suspension of disbelief is fading? :shakefist
I think that ship has already sunk :sweat:

I think they wanted to believe the Roidmude copied his love for her and was a nice guy, so they didn't want to just delude in fear of ruining it or something?

Because that's not the only possibility. It's possible that the Roidmude was feeding off the desires of Hiroshi, which would've meant he was still alive. Hiroshi could've been a Roidmude himself (which the episode ruled out midway when they found out Hiroshi and Lila last saw each other a year ago), or maybe the Roidmude was a copy of Hiroshi.

The last one was probably the scenario that Kiriko was hoping for.

"World" does not represent eternal love. That was entirely pulled out of the writer's ass.

In fairness, the same can be said for astrology in general.

Pretty disappointed with resetting Chaser to factory settings though. They started getting into some interesting character stuff only to say "nope, we've got another, 35 episodes to fill!" and hit a big pause button on his development. I'd have rather seen him continue on and just be conflicted about his mission and past loyalties. Very lazy.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Pretty disappointed with resetting Chaser to factory settings though. They started getting into some interesting character stuff only to say "nope, we've got another, 35 episodes to fill!" and hit a big pause button on his development. I'd have rather seen him continue on and just be conflicted about his mission and past loyalties. Very lazy.

Well, under the two-Rider setup that every post-Decade show but Gaim has used, the middle arc has been given over to the secondary Rider's story. So Chase's development is being tied into Gou: Gou's as-yet-unexplained hate of Chase, determination to keep him away from Kiriko, and resentment of their bikes combining. It also seems to relate to the ongoing Roidmude plot with the fragmenting of the unit, Heart and Brain threatening to split, and Medic using their divided views of Chase to drive them apart.

The problem with this is that it leaves Chase himself pretty much nowhere. Why should the audience be invested in a character who is only ever important as s/he relates to others? This can be fine with a minor character, but not a character with major plot hinging on them (see Koyomi in Wizard, and even that happened because her actress couldn't commit to filming. There's no such problem where Taikou Katoono is concerned.)

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Well, under the two-Rider setup that every post-Decade show but Gaim has used, the middle arc has been given over to the secondary Rider's story. So Chase's development is being tied into Gou: Gou's as-yet-unexplained hate of Chase, determination to keep him away from Kiriko, and resentment of their bikes combining. It also seems to relate to the ongoing Roidmude plot with the fragmenting of the unit, Heart and Brain threatening to split, and Medic using their divided views of Chase to drive them apart.

The problem with this is that it leaves Chase himself pretty much nowhere. Why should the audience be invested in a character who is only ever important as s/he relates to others? This can be fine with a minor character, but not a character with major plot hinging on them (see Koyomi in Wizard, and even that happened because her actress couldn't commit to filming. There's no such problem where Taikou Katoono is concerned.)

So what you're saying is that Chase is 'The Girl'? :p

Lurker
Are we gonna reach a point where, like Kabuto, some monster kills the real person and that monster causes destruction to humanity, but then when the good guys destroy the monster there's some overlong scene where the monster acted human and the viewers are supposed to feel sad about that? I hate that.... That's why I'll always hate Kamen Rider Kabuto.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
So what you're saying is that Chase is 'The Girl'? :p

Pretty much, yeah! He's written the way a lot of female characters are, except that when that happens, people often don't see it as a problem ...