Kamen Rider Drive - Episode 15, "When Will These Feelings Reach You?"

Haruka_Suenaga.jpg
theworld.jpg

Boukenger fanfics just got a lot more complicated!​

'Chaser is revealed to be Proto-Drive (well duh!) but Mr. Belt cannot figure out how to get him to return to his original self. Meanwhile, Shinnosuke tries to figure out why Lira is being targetted by Roidmude #096.'

We still don't know what Medic did, but it worked.

I wonder if they end up arresting Lira, though. There's a case for accidental death, but I guess it's not in their jurisdiction.

Gou was right this time again about Roidmudes, but I wonder if he's really right. Also, this time the Roidmude didn't even need to attach something to Lira to feed off her desires (cf. the photographer Roidmude).

I liked him when he wasn't a god
"World" does not represent eternal love. That was entirely pulled out of the writer's ass.

Medic saying that she'll use a "riskier" method to brainwash Chase makes me suspect he's going to start physically deteriorating. If Gou is too, something could come of this. It makes sense; their bikes combine, and Chase is the Roidmude Gou hates most, because Kiriko believes that Chase is redeemable and Roidmudes could co-exist with humans ...

I know nothing about Tarot, but I think he was just definitely flirting with her at that time lol.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Medic saying that she'll use a "riskier" method to brainwash Chase makes me suspect he's going to start physically deteriorating.

Maybe it makes him emotionally unstable? Just guessing based off of him laughing in the next episode.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
You know if all Roidmude had that whole 'your corruption resonate with me!' soeech from the start we might have gotten what their deal was a little bit earlier? Cause I still have trouble really getting what they want and what exactly they were designed for in the first place. Thinking back on the previous Roidmude with actual human equivalent it makes sense, Paint and his apprentice and Crusher though they don't really seem to fit with the concept at all, and Volt was tenuous at best. I think they're still trying to figure out their themes and formats and are just making it up as they're going along.

Medic continues to be annoying, but at least we know she doesn't hate Brain enough to let him burn... and Chase getting brainwashed again was so predictable...augh. Interesting that he turned into his Machine Chaser look without using the Break Gunner, that was kinda odd.

We still don't know what Medic did, but it worked.

I wonder if they end up arresting Lira, though. There's a case for accidental death, but I guess it's not in their jurisdiction.

Gou was right this time again about Roidmudes, but I wonder if he's really right. Also, this time the Roidmude didn't even need to attach something to Lira to feed off her desires (cf. the photographer Roidmude).

They possibly don't have enough material to hold her and actually press charges. I mean I doubt you could find his body by now (though that fall didn't look particularly high).

And the photographer Roidmudes attached something to protect his human partner from the slowdown, not to connect to him.

"Training."
Medic basically took away all of Chase's development. Damn you medic. Why are you taking away the only good thing about this show?

IlcWPh7.gif

You know if all Roidmude had that whole 'your corruption resonate with me!' soeech from the start we might have gotten what their deal was a little bit earlier? Cause I still have trouble really getting what they want and what exactly they were designed for in the first place. Thinking back on the previous Roidmude with actual human equivalent it makes sense, Paint and his apprentice and Crusher though they don't really seem to fit with the concept at all, and Volt was tenuous at best. I think they're still trying to figure out their themes and formats and are just making it up as they're going along.
I was of the understanding that Roidmudes' ultimate goal was to just keep evolving from their basic forms and that somehow helping to find this "Promised Number," and to that effect they can use whatever trait/element of who they base themselves off of to accomplish their evolutions. Though I'm not sure if that's been really consistent with all of the Roidmudes we've had so far :sweat:.

I had a good inkling that 096 was female and based off Lira herself after the grunts we heard in the last episode, but I can't say I was really expecting the actual twist in the case...nor that it would be so heartbreaking. Lira, a struggling actress, falling in love with the man who stopped her from committing suicide and helped her get back on her feet, only for her career to tear them apart as he was led by her manager to break up with her under the belief that it would be better for her professionally. But Lira refusing that, not wanting to lose the person or the part of her life that saved her at her darkest moment, Lira tries to commit suicide and then ends up accidentally throwing her lover into the sea instead. Man, that's depressing :bawling:.

I'm also really interested in finding out what happened to Lira after that, and if Shinnosuke and co. brought her in or left her alone. I wouldn't be shocked if she turned herself in out of guilt. Of course, as brought up by other posters, what happened was a complete accident and there's no other evidence of it aside from Lira's own testimony and diary. You can't even fault her for not coming to the police earlier because the Roidmude seemed to be responsible for her completely forgetting about it. I think at this point she's gone through enough :(.

I wonder if there's more to Gou's hatred of Roidmudes, and complete refusal to believe Chase is redeemable, than just the acknowledgement that they're a threat to humanity who so far haven't presented the least bit possibility of coexisting with humanity? It really seems like he has something against them, especially when Chase is concerned, though I wouldn't be shocked if part of or even most of his dislike of Chase is because of his sister's connection with him. But while his words are accurate for all the Roidmudes we've seen so far, it doesn't really apply to Chase, at least until he was reprogrammed by Brain. He was the only one of his kind who didn't rebel, and even fought them willingly to protect humanity as Proto-Drive. His core programming even seems to be to protect humanity, and it seems that programming/belief was powerful enough to break through his reprogramming and erased memories and remind Chase of who he really was :thumbs:.

Though unfortunately we have Medic to thank for ruining that and seemingly turning Chase into even more of a coldhearted machine than he was when this series first started. I'm very interested to see what she did to him, how it was riskier than what Brain did, and what it will mean for Chase going forward :eyebrow:.

Of course Heart would agree to a reprogramming Chase, whatever the risks, rather than brainwashing him. Even if as a Kamen Rider he was an enemy to all Roidmudes, Chase is still a fellow Roidmude and Heart always prefers repurposing his brethren rather than outright destroying them. I'm sure in his own mind Heart sees himself as Chase's true friend, and that the reprogramming to turn him into Machine Chaser was in his best interest. Not to mention Chase never actually killed any Roidmude's, like Drive has, so by Heart's standards Chase probably hasn't done anything that can't be forgiven :redface2:.

A little earlier than I expected, but Double Henshin and Double Rider Kick by Drive and Mach for the win :buttrock:.

So we get to see that Mach can use Shift Cars, and he uses Max Flare to great effect against Brain. Medic seemed worried about him, so I guess the attack was pretty serious? I wonder if this means that, despite being one of the higher level Roidmudes, Brain isn't that durable :169:?

Wow, say what you will about the Shift Cars, they're much better at doing what you ask them to do than the Signal Bikes evidently are :laugh:.

So... does Kyu just sleep in the SCU office :p?

Looking forward to next weeks apparently Rinna focused episode, Heart getting in on the action again and taking on Mach, and the debut of Type Dead Heat :).

We're figuring it out as Shinnosuke does, really. The first Roidmudes didn't need a (live) human host at all.

Honestly, I'd rather have this than villain exposition.

EDIT: Another thing on the ending: Gou stuck to his hatred. Shinnosuke is approaching the situation given only the facts. While Kiriko is still convinced coexistence is possible. This will probably what will be in play for the next episodes.

Last edited: