Kamen Rider Drive; Episode 11:Who Can Prevent the Dark Christmas Eve?

White Mask
Who_Can_Prevent_the_Dark_Christmas_Eve%3F

When it is discovered that Volt is trying to cause a blackout on Christmas Eve to further the Roidmudes' plans, Shinnosuke and Kiriko race to stop them.

Well, we found ou that Chase is much more than what we think, and the trinity of antagonists is complete with Brain-Heart-Medic. Why Medic though? It's usually Brain-Heart-Lust :p
The fight with the spider-car is a good touch, but still too CG.
Next week: Mach!

Roidmude 000? But he isn't based on a bird/tiger/grasshopper mix! :rimshot:

White Mask
The Roidmude 000 suit is a remodified version of the Cyberoid ZZZ suit. Aside from the re-color, the difference between the two suits is that the ZZZ is replaced by a 000 and the face of the suit.

All in all, I'd say the "Volt Trilogy" has been one of the strongest Drive arcs yet with some of best episodes we've had since the opening arc in my opinion. The arc in general, to me at least, also felt like a good and proper closure to the beginning or first part of Drive what with all the revelations and big moments that happened in it. So to a certain extent, I see Drive really "Getting into gear" as it were starting from this arc, apologies if someone's already used that, and hopefully it keeps this momentum and quality going forward :).

This episode had some really great character moments, from Chase's loyalty to Heart and vice-versa, Shinnosuke's moment with Kiriko after he woke up, and Mr. Belt's anger at Shinnosuke's actions stating that there's no one else who could be Drive, were just really nice to see. Even the SCU Chief had a pretty cool moment, calling on a favor to get Shinnosuke access to the info he needed to help stop Volt. Proving he's not completely useless or just for comedy relief, just like the rest of the SCU when the chips are down :coolshades:.

I also liked the tie-ins to Episode Zero, with the Copycat Pirate popping up again as a source of info in regards to the human Volt based himself off of. And going off from his question of whether Shinnosuke really caught Lupin, I guess that means the Movie War happened in-between episodes 9 and 10?

Shinnosuke certainly seemed keen on having Kiriko look good for his birthday dinner, one that he appears to have intended to have with her alone...and then she and the SCU completely turn it around and ruin it :p.

Kiriko in that dress though :anime:.

So, we get a giant CG spider car in this episode... yeah, the giant monster design for Drive could really use some work :redface2:.

Shinnosuke was able to get Chase to let him go by making the latter realize just how many human lives were at risk because of Volt's plan. And no matter how much Chase hates Kamen Rider, and is loyal to his Roidmude brethren, he also feels some innate need to protect and value human life which puts him at odds with his Roidmude orders. And we finally get to see his normal Roidmude form, showing he's number 000, and it's quite different from the normal base forms prior to evolving. Not only that, but apparently his current form isn't permanent compared to the other Evolved Roidmudes. Taking what we know now, and some other guesses I've seen on the site, it's looking like Chase was the prototype of the Roidumdes and didn't rebel like the first three did. Instead, he chose to protect humanity from his brothers and with the help of Steinbert became Proto-Drive. Then Heart defeated him and, not wanting to kill his own brother, repurposed him into an enforcer for the Roidmudes. Definitely going to be interesting to see where Chase's story goes from here :169:.

And then we get the revelation that Volt's ulterior goal, and the one the Roidmudes were truly relying on him for, was to gather enough energy to revive Medic who may have been one of the original Roidmudes who rebelled alongside Heart and Brain. Whatever the case, it looks like she's important to Heart and that they share some special relationship :eyebrow:.

The climax of the episode had some nice action scenes, from the Tridoron deploying all Shift Cars, Kiriko helping to save the day, and the return of Drive's Rider Kick :thumbs:.

I take it from that scene at the end with Mr. Belt that all the current Shift Cars are accounted for and back in Drive's arsenal? So I guess now it's just a matter of seeing Drive use them in battle proper, so looking forward to that and the proper debut of Mach :D.

"Training."
I feel like this whole series is Chase's origin story as a redeemed hero...and not about Drive.

I feel like this whole series is Chase's origin story as a redeemed hero...and not about Drive.
Well, I'd say that Chase's subplot is as important or prominent as most Second Rider subplots. Though, yeah, there is that thing about him being Proto-Drive and how big that is for the overall part and how that connects to Shinnosuke. But Shinnosuke is still our viewpoint character to a lot of the revelations of the past and is still the main hero, not to mention it's his fights with Chase that seem to be bringing back the latter's old self :).

Lurker
Does an official detective almost impossible to meet with prisoner even for reason related with dangerous case?
I don't understand how police work so I am bit confused by this episode
Dollguy seem to think case is going to dead end when realize their only lead is a prisoner.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Does an official detective almost impossible to meet with prisoner even for reason related with dangerous case?
I don't understand how police work so I am bit confused by this episode
Dollguy seem to think case is going to dead end when realize their only lead is a prisoner.

Maybe it's not so much impossible, as it is one with beaurocratic steps they don't have the time to take? They're on the clock and they can't wait for the guy to get his lawyer or whatever to show up.

Lurker
Maybe it's not so much impossible, as it is one with beaurocratic steps they don't have the time to take? They're on the clock and they can't wait for the guy to get his lawyer or whatever to show up.

Well, yes episode 12 apparently support your reasoning very much.
SCU more fucked up than what I expected.