KRDr-Drivewildwrecker.png
KRDr-Mashinchasercobra.png

When four buildings constructed by the same company all collapse, Shinnosuke and Kiriko head into investigate. However Shinnosuke is being followed by a journalist looking for a scoop who may know more than he's letting on.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
So Chase gets the 'New powerup' victory flag for this episode.

I'm getting really tired of him already. It's just not fun to see him show up and interrupt fights like that. I hope to god that cliffhanger will result in something worthwhile next week.

R

raden238

Can somebody explain what Burning Solar does?? I know it's used to blind monsters like the Flash module. Does it read minds or something as well? Kiriko kept using it on Tomari to see into him.

To see into him? No, she was using it to hurt his eyes because she was mad at him...

R

raden238

Oh thanks, so that scene with Kiriko holding the flowers was just a flashback and not an effect from Burning Solar.

So Chase gets the 'New powerup' victory flag for this episode.

I'm getting really tired of him already. It's just not fun to see him show up and interrupt fights like that. I hope to god that cliffhanger will result in something worthwhile next week.

His appearance was less jarring this week than in the last episode, when he showed up just as an excuse for Drive to test his new powers even when the badguys themselves wanted rid of the roidmude that sort of went rogue.

But yeah, like I said in the last discussion thread, I'd prefer to see show up when he's really called for, let him live up to that "grim reaper" nickname and not just show up every 5 minutes to be a nuisance.

Oh thanks, so that scene with Kiriko holding the flowers was just a flashback and not an effect from Burning Solar.

Yep. She gave the flowers to Shinnosuke earlier (before the timeline of the episode) for some reason but Shinnosuke ignored her (because he was still in gear, probably) and the flowers found themselves on Shinnosuke's desk. So she was visibly irked.

Anyway, this episode didn't make it clear what Brain and Heart's plans for the Roidmude were. Last episode they wanted to get ride of the Roidmude because it was addicted and starting to eat up other Roidmudes. This one is an evolution that's artificial and incomplete and needs a human host.

Yep. She gave the flowers to Shinnosuke earlier (before the timeline of the episode) for some reason but Shinnosuke ignored her (because he was still in gear, probably) and the flowers found themselves on Shinnosuke's desk. So she was visibly irked.

Anyway, this episode didn't make it clear what Brain and Heart's plans for the Roidmude were. Last episode they wanted to get ride of the Roidmude because it was addicted and starting to eat up other Roidmudes. This one is an evolution that's artificial and incomplete and needs a human host.
Wasn't the plan for Crush that eating all those explosives might lead to something...interesting? That seemed to be the main reason they had him kept alive until he started stealing Viral Cores. They seem interested in whatever forms their kind takes to evolve, however different it may be from one Roidmude to another, as it might lead them closer to whatever the "Promised Number" is. Heart and Brain only seem to take issue when a Roidmude does something that threatens the existence of all of them.

It'll be interesting to see what's got Kiriko so upset with Shinnosuke, what the flowers are for, and if it has anything to do with that promise Hayase was talking about :169:.

I really like how the image in Toku Prime's thread starting post features Drive and Chaser's new armaments used in the episode :thumbs:.

I wonder if Burning Solar is intended for Type Speed or Type Wild? I feel it would probably fit the former Form better, and might prove to be the key to Drive overtaking Chaser during their duel in the next episode :).

Wasn't expecting the twist that the reporter and the Roidmude were working together, but it did effectively explain how they were able to pull off destroying the buildings and taking the pictures at the same time without anyone suspecting a connection. Takasugi also seems to be "in on it," at least to the extent that he knows what his old partner is doing and is condoning it because the Roidmude is targeting the building of the company that ruined their mentor's reputation.

Why do I get the feeling that Otta is going to keep getting glimpses of Drive's body parts in different forms and is going to come up with a sketch of him that's just a mashup of all of the Types? Does the SCU even have the budget for a sketch artist :p?

As far as the action is concerned, it was cool seeing Type Wild getting the courtesy of being the first form used against the monster and then the debut of Hooking Wrecker. Then there was Drive vs. Machine Chaser to close out the episode, with Chase keeping Shinnosuke on the ropes for most of the episode with just his Spider armaments and then managing to overwhelm him with the new Viral Cores before Drive could even bring out Wild. With Spider he had a short-range weapon, but with Cobra and Bat he now has some effective long-range weaponry aside from just the Break Gun's shooting function...

Looking forward to seeing the conclusion of this arc and the fate of Kiriko :O_O:.

Lurker
So I've been watching about 7 episodes of Drive so far. I think it's becoming a neat series :) While I thought a few were bad, I think Drive finds a way to come back from a downward slope.

Some kind of Beast mode
Idk if it's just me or if someone mentioned it, but...Shino isn't exactly doing the smoothest job trying to keep his identity a secret.

His car alone..

His Red Turbo brace, and car carrier waist buckle.

His hq is underneath his work hq and rises up into the lot in front of it..??

He was wearing the belt when he got saved by a civilian, and surely went to the hospital with the belt still on, but none the wiser. lol

The show is cool so far, but those are some definite WTFs.

His Car tho..