Kamen Rider Drive Ep 6 - "For Whom Does The Warrior Fight?"

While Wild was pretty cool, one thing occurs to me. Within the context of the show and not just toys, why does it exist? Yeah, rumble dump works with it and not type speed, and by mentioning that rumble dump is lighter he implies it's a physically stronger form, but we see no evidence of that and there's nothing in the fight that he couldn't have done in Type Speed or using Trideron's normal mode.
Which makes me wonder why they made 108 of them in the first place.
So that they didn't need to have a generic footsoldier type I guess. I think it'll slow down as it goes along, as the main MotW have had more time to evolve before encountering Drive and so are stronger.

While Wild was pretty cool, one thing occurs to me. Within the context of the show and not just toys, why does it exist? Yeah, rumble dump works with it and not type speed, and by mentioning that rumble dump is lighter he implies it's a physically stronger form, but we see no evidence of that and there's nothing in the fight that he couldn't have done in Type Speed or using Trideron's normal mode.

I'm tentatively going with the Speed is the low gear ratio type, while Wild is the high gear ratio type. Speed vs. Torque. Of course, even if it were correct, the show is probably not going to make it important anyway.

Wild seemed physically stronger to me. It blocked all of Chaser's attacks with one shoulder and then pinned him against a wall. It's clearly meant to be the power form. I do wish it had used another finisher than just the steering sword though.

Lurker
While I don't think it's as good as 1, 4, and 5 (to a lesser extent), I think 6 was an enjoyable episode :) I think my main problem was the fact that no one is telling Shinnouske or anyone else anything important that can actually save their lives. I liked the fact that the supporting characters (that isn't Kiriko) were actually relevant, and there was a Drive finisher I actually liked.

Lurker
it was a gooooooooooooood episode, one thing i will say is the finishers aren't that flashy in this episode. but all the supporting cast that isn't or wasn't Kiriko was great and now that we are getting some exposition out the story and some of the pieces are being put into place then drive should be revving up

Lurker
I prefer it if a rider series doesn't go over the top with their specials..... Well, more than they already are. IMO, Drive gave me the worst rider punch I've ever seen.

Basically going off from Timeline15, Wild seems to have much more overall power/strength than Type Speed and is much more durable. Shinnosuke was able to take most of Chaser and Crush's attacks when in the last episode they gave Drive a lot more of a hassle in Type Speed. Rumble Dump probably required more raw power to use compared to Type Speed. I think it would be smart to show in future episodes that Wild is a lot slower compared to Speed. Not to mention, I don't think Type Speed could have knocked Crush into a building :sweat:.

Overall, I thought this was another enjoyable episode of Drive and a good conclusion to the arc :).

Type Wild's debut was pretty good, managing to defeat Chaser and destroy Crush all in one episode. As far as the suit is concerned, I think it's decent as well as a nice contrast to Type Speed's design, and I like how it makes better use of the tire compared to Type Speed (Though I'm one of the few people whose not bothered by the tire placement on Type Speed). I hope it gets some decent use along with Type Speed before Type Technique shows up, and looking forward to seeing more of it :thumbs:.

I also really want to see what Wild's Finisher is, especially since Drive has so far had some pretty spectacular finishers in my opinion. I'm betting it's another Rider Punch.

I was wondering what was up with the superintendent closing down the SCU until the revelation came that he was corrupt and working with the president. It did put a new perspective on his actions in the last episode that I never took into account :169:.

Some nice Kiriko moments in this episode, from her getting Vegas to Drive in time to save him as well as using the tip from Rinna to pretty much blow the whole case wide open with the help from the rest of the SCU. That plus the last episode showed some nice detective work on her part, I think :coolshades:.

And Otta finally admits that the Roidmudes and Kamen Rider exist. I'm surprised he's come around this early. I wonder if they'll make it a running gag how he never gets to see Drive's full-body :p?

The Chief was also pretty cool in this episode, helping get Shinnosuke out of his funk and realize what he fights for as a Kamen Rider all the while still maintaining his affable demeanor. It definitely wouldn't surprise me if he's also aware of Mr. Belt and Drive and is just keeping quiet about it.

Rinna turning out to be Drive's mechanic seemed pretty likely to me by episode 4, and I found her way of putting the SCU on the right track to busting the Superintendent, while also in some ways testing Shinnosuke, to be good character moments for her. Still not quite sure about her character in some ways, and if that constant cheerfulness and nonchalant attitude to most anything is all there is to her character, but hopefully now that she's going to be more a part of the team dynamic that we can see more of that explored. Though she made a very good point about how Shinnosuke is now working with two beauties, the lucky sonovagun :shakefist.

I thought the comedy highlights of the episode were Mad Doctor's use and the subsequent downside of it, the reveal of Rinna as Drive's mechanic, and Shinnosuke's no-reaction to Kiriko deliberately smiling :laugh:.

Last edited:
So yeah, not much to add to what's already been said, but I had hoped that the bad cop plot was there to introduce a plot similar to some of the early Heisei shows, with him generally being there to get in the way with what the good guys are trying to do and maybe eventually learning about Kamen Rider and helping them out more. Oh well. Hopefully Rinna and the rest of the team will get a bit more to do now at least.

I still really like Machine Chaser, but he felt completely redundant in this episode, like he was just showing up to fill the quota. We won't forget about him if he's not in every episode, you don't need to use him if there's nothing to do with him. His appearances should be more sporadic, so that we know something's gonna go down when he does show up.