Kamen Rider Drive Ep 4 - "What is That Prideful Chaser Thinking?"

MV Maker
True, but it's still just a rehash of specific characters, not of the show itself. You can also add the initially antagonistic secondary Rider.

Well, there were some other re-used elements - namely the whole "killing the best friend at the end" thing and attempting to balance comedic and serious tones in a way KR hadn't really done before W.

She's actually a giant Shift Car that Shin will use Decade-style as his mid-season power-up.

:buttrock:

Last edited:
Lurker
Every season after W is a poor imitation of former. Except for Gaim. Wizard indeed tried some different approaches, but ended up being just an another poor copy.
Just look how every season ends. Philip/Ankh/Kengo/Koyomi (every one of them is the most important person in the season) dies, but comes back to life one way or another.

That didn't even start with Double.

Drive 4:

- One thing I do like about this show is the "retro" opening; that is, no teaser at the beginning, but just the OP credits.

- How did Chin Po from Mulan become a Roimude?

- Shin is Batman!

- These SCU people have no idea about Drive, yet there are Shift Cars lying around their office?

- Does the Handle Sword really have to say "Turn!" ? Can't these gadgets just shut up already and do their job? Talking weapons stopped being cool a long time ago, thanks to stupid Bandai.

- The Kuuga police could solve cases without dumb gadgets. >>

- Good chase scene.

- You'd think a tool called "Dimension" would take you to another dimension. Not split your body apart like in some horror movie.

- What's the point of having a "I don't smile because this guy did something" plot if after said guy is dead, you still don't smile?

- Of course Rinna is not a traitor. It'll just be another case of wacky hijinks. It's not like the show would do something interesting with these SCU hacks.

- Isn't Mr. Belt Proto Drive or the creator of it? If so, who is he calling? And who are the Roimudes working for?

Drive 4:

- These SCU people have no idea about Drive, yet there are Shift Cars lying around their office?

- The Kuuga police could solve cases without dumb gadgets. >>

- In a world where Masked heroes and metal monsters run amok, I don't think "toy" cars would bring much suspicion :laugh:

- I don't think Roimudes leave a trail of ancient texts :anime:. But I do admit I find those gadget scenes quite funny :laugh:

A simple passerby...
I'm just gonna take a guess and say the scientist lady is the one Mr. Belt called, and she's been in on this whole Shift Cars repair thing, because as we can see, the Shift Cars do attack if they are in a dangerous situation. Here she just picks it up as if it's something already familiar.

Mr. Belt has secrets up his sleeves, although I'm not sure why bother hiding this from Shinnosuke and Kiriko.

I'm just gonna take a guess and say the scientist lady is the one Mr. Belt called, and she's been in on this whole Shift Cars repair thing, because as we can see, the Shift Cars do attack if they are in a dangerous situation. Here she just picks it up as if it's something already familiar.

Mr. Belt has secrets up his sleeves, although I'm not sure why bother hiding this from Shinnosuke and Kiriko.

I agree, but honestly I wish there was a third party involved, instead of the whole Mr.Belt and Drive on side and Heart and Brian on the other. Perhaps, a more strategi and powerful foe.

I also agree with this :).

Maybe the reason Mr. Belt hasn't been completely upfront about everything is that there's something about what he did in his human life that he doesn't want Shinnosuke and Kiriko to know about? Such as an involvement with the Roidmude's that he's ashamed by?

I'm apparently in the minority who actually enjoyed the fights in this episode, or at least thought they were decent, especially Drive's two fights with Machine Chaser. It established Chaser on even-footing with Drive for the most part, and capable of giving him a better fight than your average Roidmude, and I thought the choreography was fine. I also found the chase scene to be pretty cool, almost as cool as Chasers bike, and now I find myself asking the question: car vs. bike :p?

I liked how it seems like Chaser will be sort of an ever-present threat to Drive that is upgrading his gear just like Drive is. I also really liked Chaser bringing up the irony of how the rest of his kind brand him as a "reaper" when Drive is the one who's actually killing them off. Definitely an interesting dynamic, and one that adds a personal investment from Chaser into his rivalry with Drive :coolshades:.

I get seeing the Handle Sword as silly, but I thought in action that it was a nice addition to Drive's arsenal and I particularly liked the scenes where he'd attack while sliding with it :thumbs:.

Drive is certainly developing quite a bevy of Finishers, so I wonder when we'll see the return of his Rider Kick?

I thought Shinnosuke had some really awesome moments in this episode, from his interrogation with Paint, to his whole "face of justice line," and his first proper introduction as Kamen Rider Drive :).

Hmm... I was fine with the Kiriko scene, though I get the issue with it. I just thought her standing up to an evolved Roidmude at all, as a police officer, to save those women was nice and a strong moment for her character irregardless of what happened afterwards. Not to mention she's already effectively shot at Roidmudes before in the first episode, so I have no doubt she would've done the same even if it wouldn't been as successful :sweat:.

I'm surprised Paint was keeping around the person he based his body on. I wonder if Heart and Brain's are still kicking around?

Comedy highlights include Shinnosuke naming his sword, and Mr. Belt disliking it, and he and Kiriko trying to get out of their report :anime:.

I... wasn't sure how to take the scene with Dream Vegas. I mean we have this colorful beeping car that's apparently been dedicated to finding the Roidmude who hurt his partner, which has apparently been effecting his performance and attitude, and then Shinnosuke has a moment with him in the rain :laugh:.

I get that the Shift Cars seem to have personalities and intelligence, but maybe it would help if they had VA's and could talk? Though I imagine that could possibly lead to some more complaints about them :redface2:.

Am I the only who doesn't like Drive's Tire Sash design?

I thought that if they kept the main tire to be a modular shield where he can just replace the tire around the shield frame, that would've been a far better design.

Having a Captain America like Tire Shield that swaps tires wouldn't be so bad.

And add in small tires around the anklets, bracelets, belts, shoulders, etc.

The sheer asymmetry from that Tire Sash is so ugly on a otherwise very good suit design IMO.

Also the car having that stupid gap in the front left wheel well is so stupid.
I wish it wasn't there.
Whomever designed that idea should be fired for making such bad decisions.

so far

not liking drive. the whole shift cars being sentient just seems dumb to me their cars. Also the whole cab thing is dumb. and I hate that we have these useless goofballs as main characters, who will contribute nothing to the plot. And the villains barely get screentime who are actually important to the plot and when they do they tell us nothing. I hope drive will improve