Kamen Rider Drive Ep 4 - "What is That Prideful Chaser Thinking?"

K

Kamen Rider IXA

I think you don't know what a parody is. None of the Riders since W come close to being a W parody.
Every season after W is a poor imitation of former. Except for Gaim. Wizard indeed tried some different approaches, but ended up being just an another poor copy.
Just look how every season ends. Philip/Ankh/Kengo/Koyomi (every one of them is the most important person in the season) dies, but comes back to life one way or another.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Every season after W is a poor imitation of former. Except for Gaim. Wizard indeed tried some different approaches, but ended up being just an another poor copy.
Just look how every season ends. Philip/Ankh/Kengo/Koyomi (every one of them is the most important person in the season) dies, but comes back to life one way or another.

Well, the hero of this series doesn't have an ambiguously human partner/sidekick to be killed off (unless the series ends with Mr Belt getting destroyed, and tragic though it would be, he's a belt ... it's not gonna have quite the same effect)

Yeah... if that's your reason, that counts neither as a parody nor poor. That's like saying every Disney cartoon is a parody of Snow White or whatever came first among them.

MV Maker
Nor do I think you (or any of us) are qualified to state "exactly why so few people" watch this.

Why the heck not? Understanding the problems with something is crucial to appreciating the good aspects and understanding why other people might not like it. Just because someone likes something doesn't mean they can't recognize why others might not (heck, I like Den-O, and I fully understand why others don't). I'm a critic, same as everyone else here, that doesn't make me any more or less qualified to analyze it.
Sure, IXA didn't explain it very well, but that doesn't mean other's can't.

Just look how every season ends. Philip/Ankh/Kengo/Koyomi (every one of them is the most important person in the season) dies, but comes back to life one way or another

That's not being a parody, that's being a rehash (which is certainly a valid complaint, but at least Drive is trying a FEW different things).

Last edited:
In fairness, even Gaim ended up with Mai turning out to be some ~mystical otherworldly~ character.

She wasn't that from the beginning, though. She was made into it.

Everyone else was nonhuman from the start, with us only learning about it later.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
She wasn't that from the beginning, though. She was made into it.

Well, her "alternate" self appeared from the beginning and Kouta recognized her as Mai at once. The idea that she could be Mai, or that something was different about Mai, was there from the first episode. The only one of Shinnosuke's sidekicks who could fill the usual role is Kiriko, and she shows no sign of being anything other than human.

She's actually a giant Shift Car that Shin will use Decade-style as his mid-season power-up.

That's not being a parody, that's being a rehash (which is certainly a valid complaint, but at least Drive is trying a FEW different things).

True, but it's still just a rehash of specific characters, not of the show itself. You can also add the initially antagonistic secondary Rider.

She's actually a giant Shift Car that Shin will use Decade-style as his mid-season power-up.

Lol, that has the potential to turn into all sorts of kinkiness.