Kamen Rider Drive Ep 16 - What has Sawamura Rinna so anxious?

2yjt3jt.png

The SCU helps the 2nd division solve several marriage fraud cases linked to one person, and Rinna seems to have some other plans of her own.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I loved this episode. A few points:
1. For once, a kekkon sagishi mono (marriage scammer) that isn't female.
2. Loved the Kiriko Kicks. All of them.
3. Loved cocky Shinnosuke, plus the classic detective-suspect confrontation in the mansion.
4. Tomari really is the Stop to Gou's, I'm convinced of it now. And when he becomes Dead Heat, he can't stop himself.
5. Tomari seems to be supporting Kiriko's affection towards Chase, but Kiriko herself is in denial.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
FINALLY they give Kiriko some gear! GAWD! Why weren't those bullets one of the first thing they made?!

Is Dead Heat gonna be the same suit when used by Mach, just with a different Driver and weapon?

Another fantastic woman empowering episode. Oh wait, no. The opposite.

I did like Kiriko getting "rider power ups". It's always nice to see forces like this actively trying to stop the monsters and not just relying on the Kamen Riders. Is there a reason why she can't just become a rider herself though? They sort of touched on that earlier on, but there's been no explanation.

I was also going to say that I like how Heart is being built up as a serious threat, but then the new form came along and his credibility was punched into the side of a mountain in 3 seconds flat. Oh well.

Speaking of which, is Dead Heat a contender for the worst looking upgrade ever? It's like an even worse version of Meteor Fusion, but at least that was a movie powerup and in a show with already pretty goofy looking desigs. It would have looked better if they just swapped the colour schemes. Make Drive white when he uses it and Mach red. Or did they really just want a form that could be shared between the two? I'm not sure how two characters turning into the same thing is appealing.

Lurker
If we're gonna be honest, I think Dead Heat looks even worse in motion :/

I heard that the belt chose Shinnouske.... Because reasons. Though, I'm probably wrong.

Or did they really just want a form that could be shared between the two? I'm not sure how two characters turning into the same thing is appealing.

In the toyline, it's a single figure with a transforming head by moving the external helmet around. So, I guess that was the point. A single figure which can be two different Riders.

My only problem with the suit is the floppy shoulder tire, but that should be easy to fix.

The Reaper
I wonder how long will Chase ambush the Kamen Rider each episodes and end with no signficant result for either side. Its getting very tedious.

Episode 16 and still no explanation why Kiriko can't be a rider, taking their time pulling **** out of their ass to cover that up.

Mach almost run out of time this episode, I am eager to see what happens when he actually run of it. His engine stops maybe?

Type Deadheat is fugly. If Deadheat can keep up Heart, what will the future type be use for I wonder.

Really liking this episode. While the design could've been done better (at least put more red, or just made it all white like Clocktower said!) I think it actually looks good in action. The whole out-of-control thing was kinda unpredictable (and kinda spooky IMHO :sweat:)though. I thought it was just gonna short-circuit and hurtfully de-transform o_O. I'm definitely looking forward for what's coming next.
P.S.: Rinna's just reach the pinchable-cheek-cute level now >.< lol

Lurker
-I haven't really cared for Rinna thus far and I still don't after this episode. But with that said, I'm glad that despite her being the focal point of this arc, there's actually very little focus on her.
-Also you're helping to protect people from monsters, don't half-ass it for a speed date session!!
-Deadheat was alright, it looked better in action but yeah, floppy shoulder tire bugged me.
-Brain's actor probably the most hammy of the main cast... and that's saying something.
-Overly smiley Chase is... odd.
-Decent episode overall, maybe Drive is like Blade and it's all uphill from here?

A simple passerby...
I find Heart to amongst the most interesting characters in the series, aside from Chase (whom, seriously could use more than just a show and occasional clash now) and Gou.

Brain could have been written better honestly. Medic's just too gleeful, it's down toning the atmosphere the original 3 villains had.