Kamen Rider Drive 38: Why do the devils continue to strive for evolution

悪魔はなぜ進化を求め続けるのか (akuma wa naze shinka wo motome tsuzukeru no ka)
Why do the devils continue to strive for evolution

Script: Sanjou Riku
Director: Maihara Kenzo

Airdate: 2015 July 19
-----------------
The OP for 38 has footage from the upcoming movie. So skip it if you don't want to be spoiled.
The true identities of Cook Roidmude was a surprise. So that was a mislead in 37...

Some character development for Medic and Heart.
Brain is funny as usual(even if he's still a Core)

So the movie tie-in would be movie!Krim just lurking around?

Heart is so charismatic!
Banno is a deux ex machina this episode as well.

----------------
One-minute story featuring Tomari Eiji:
Episode 1/4: クリム・スタインベルトの真意はなにか What is Krim Steinbelt's true intention

A glimpse into 2035, and Eiji hiding from the Roidmude.
2035 seems quite dystopian.
---------------
Next episode 39: When will the whirlwind kipnapper come to attack
[hide]
Chase getting a car license
Banno reveals himself to the members of SCU
[/hide]

Lurker
Heart really stole this episode, his Ultimate Evolution was amazing despite all it did was blasting fire.
So the Promised Number requires four evolved Roidmudes, I guess the two new Roidmudes from overseas will be the remaining two.
Evil Krim looks badass, I wonder did he just time traveled to the past or he's been hiding himself and observing things all these times?

I really love me some bad Krim :)
What a twist it would be if the Krim we have on the belt is the goody goody side of Krim he put away from himself in order to become perfect human-machine hybrid :)

I gotta admit, I'm REALLY excited for the movie.

Heart was also awesome (I love me some three-dimensional villains), and the show somehow someway managed to find a way to make even Medic sympathetic.

I really love me some bad Krim :)
What a twist it would be if the Krim we have on the belt is the goody goody side of Krim he put away from himself in order to become perfect human-machine hybrid :)

That sounds pretty interesting, like a split personality.
The Krim in the belt is the original, but developed a more sinister side which Banno is aware of.
When Krim loaded his consciousness into the belt after he was attacked, the more evil personality took full control.
That would be cool if that were the case, that hasn't been done in Kamen Rider to my knowledge.

Shining~
- I like that we get another fight using Type Wild & Technic complete with Tire Exchange. Been quite some time since the last time we see them, let alone with Tire Exchange.

- I guess in the last episode the the young protege was trying to take the sauce away so that the chef can't give it to Medic. The Roidmude being made of the head chef AND the sous chef, was a nice twist. Also yay more female Roidmude, even though she doesn't have much screentime and was destroyed.

- Go's catchphrase FINALLY returns :laugh:

- The scene with Heart embracing Medic was admittedly, quite touching.

- It's weird that they choose to not reveal just yet what Heart's Ultimate Evolution looks like.

- .........wait, did Go just left Banno's tablet lying there on his motorbike when he arrived to help? xD

- Evil Krim on the ending feels really similar to Mars in Gaim :sweat: It's identical, even. A future enemy observing the situation, then proceed to turn around and walk away while saying what basically amounts to "let's see what will happen next".

- Using mini episodes to promote the movie is an interesting idea, I like it.

Fantastic series. The action is well-choreographed and cinematographed and the visual gags and played off so well. There is a perfect balance between comedy and seriousness, which I dig. The show has been an enjoyable ride, with lots of great twists, police drama, and character moments.

This episode was pretty fantastic from a drama standpoint, thought Heart and Medic's moment together was a little too hammed up and that made it kind of funny in a bad way. Other than that, awesome developments and I can't wait to see where Drive goes in its last stretch.