Nah. It's been there, done that. You might not like Masked Rider (most people don't), but it is what it is. Let's adapt something new. As far as the next adaptation goes, I'd like to see them move forward. It'll be 2009 by the time Dragon Knight airs and Ryuki aired in what? 2001? Probably best not to reach too far back.

To be honest, I'd like to see all of the post Ryuki shows adapted (even though I'm not a fan of Hibiki really, I think it's got some good stuff to work with), but above all else, I want them to further the awesomeness that appears to be Dragon Knight. Don't just adapt for the sake of adapting, but try to make it a show that we can enjoy.

The effects could be easily redone for those two ,and I like the rider designs for them. For Black ,they could be like disney and ask if they could make the next rider like Black if its possible and we could get a remake of it. I would love to see an Ultraman series remake of the 1964 version with American actors and a more serious storyline.

wanna hear a joke?
There's massive film grain in comparison to the current ilk, let alone the costs of redoing a bunch of outdated visual effects and trying to recreate a whole host of monster suits, molds, etc. which likely are in horrendous shape, if they still exist at all.

Why would anyone shoot themselves in the foot in order to go through that kind of work to bring back a series from the 80s when there are several current shows which would blend much more seamlessly with modern television standards and be perfectly fine as it already is?

As for doing a full-blown remake, well, that's even more costly. I don't believe this would have any major potential of happening unless Dragon Knight's success truly went through the roof, flew beyond the clouds in the sky, and rocketed into outer space.

There's massive film grain in comparison to the current ilk, let alone the costs of redoing a bunch of outdated visual effects and trying to recreate a whole host of monster suits, molds, etc. which likely are in horrendous shape, if they still exist at all.

Why would anyone shoot themselves in the foot in order to go through that kind of work to bring back a series from the 80s when there are several current shows which would blend much more seamlessly with modern television standards and be perfectly fine as it already is?

As for doing a full-blown remake, well, that's even more costly. I don't believe this would have any major potential of happening unless Dragon Knight's success truly went through the roof, flew beyond the clouds in the sky, and rocketed into outer space.

What i mran is if DK is successful , Steve Wang could ask Toei like Saban to create updated suits and footage, hence Kamen Rider 200X for them. It would be possible to do this because Toei created new footage for the MMPR series called as Zyu2. Or the Wang Bros. could ask for Toei to create a Black-like series in order to adapt it.

...(even though I'm not a fan of Hibiki really, I think it's got some good stuff to work with)...

...um...wow...that remark was quite unexpected. :sly::O_O:

...anyway...if Adness succeeds with Dragon Knight...I can see Kabuto, Den-O, and Kiva...with Kabuto being the forerunner mainly because:

1. 5 or More Riders (despite not having a single female, perhaps make the Kabutech Riders an all female squad...:laugh:)

2. The antagonist are..."Space Aliens"...and yes I'll make fun of Bandai to no end.

3. A lot of Bullet Time. *shakes head*

...who knows, they probably could get the Perfect Zecter have some kind of "importance" to the story. :laugh:

...as for the other two...

Den-O...two things:

1. The "forms" will be individual rang..err...riders, but at the same time it would be interesting if they combined Gaoh, Neg-O, and Yuuki...to be the main villain...perhaps the civilian can be the adapt version of Kai. :laugh:

2. An educational segment...for some reason, I can see this series pull a "Mighty Max Education Segment"...Den-O comes out an says..."Today kids...our adventure took us to the Wild West...Ancient Egypt...yadda yadda or some kind of...how do the Animaniacs say it...USELESS FACT.":sweat:

Kiva...two things:

1. As much as everyone thus far loves the 1986/2008 back-and-forth story, I just don't see it being use. Perhaps in quick opening flashbacks or something, but not as full blown like we're seeing now. I see something similar to what VR Troopers did.

2. Adding a mummy character or some kind of Universal Monster; in otherwords, a more serious version of the Hillhurst Monsters...yeah, right. :laugh:

Oh.. I did get this little bit of news. KRDK will be getting a opening theme, complete with song.

And the Japanese version will have a different song.

We'll be getting both on MP3 once they hit the air, if not sooner. :thumbs:

OH YES!!! GOOD! and may real songs from well known bands be in place of the opening songs, and a lot of specials as well

Saiko, If you think the wait for February is long wait til it premieres and they pull a two month break on us in the middle of the season.

Man! If patience is a must, then I am in but this time please, let the show air already. I like to see the new henshins and the action.

Last edited:
...um...wow...that remark was quite unexpected. :sly::O_O:

...anyway...if Adness succeeds with Dragon Knight...I can see Kabuto, Den-O, and Kiva...with Kabuto being the forerunner mainly because:

1. 5 or More Riders (despite not having a single female, perhaps make the Kabutech Riders an all female squad...:laugh:)

2. The antagonist are..."Space Aliens"...and yes I'll make fun of Bandai to no end.

3. A lot of Bullet Time. *shakes head*

...who knows, they probably could get the Perfect Zecter have some kind of "importance" to the story. :laugh:

...as for the other two...

Den-O...two things:

1. The "forms" will be individual rang..err...riders, but at the same time it would be interesting if they combined Gaoh, Neg-O, and Yuuki...to be the main villain...perhaps the civilian can be the adapt version of Kai. :laugh:

2. An educational segment...for some reason, I can see this series pull a "Mighty Max Education Segment"...Den-O comes out an says..."Today kids...our adventure took us to the Wild West...Ancient Egypt...yadda yadda or some kind of...how do the Animaniacs say it...USELESS FACT.":sweat:

Kiva...two things:

1. As much as everyone thus far loves the 1986/2008 back-and-forth story, I just don't see it being use. Perhaps in quick opening flashbacks or something, but not as full blown like we're seeing now. I see something similar to what VR Troopers did.

2. Adding a mummy character or some kind of Universal Monster; in otherwords, a more serious version of the Hillhurst Monsters...yeah, right. :laugh:

If Kiva will be adapted, I'm sure it will have a dark theme. As for Den-O I'm not sure because it focuses more on the Japanese folklore but maybe they can work on the time-traveling concept. And for Kabuto, they'll gonna give the riders more character development and they gonna make the Perfect Zecter an importance and not a useless crap.

wanna hear a joke?
What i mran is if DK is successful , Steve Wang could ask Toei like Saban to create updated suits and footage, hence Kamen Rider 200X for them. It would be possible to do this because Toei created new footage for the MMPR series called as Zyu2. Or the Wang Bros. could ask for Toei to create a Black-like series in order to adapt it.

Um, I kind of already responded to that. It would cost more money to "ask" Toei to make more footage. No matter who is physically filming it, a sum of the money to do so is coming out of the pockets of the US entity.

It would make more economic sense to use the existing footage from an existing show (preferrably one that isn't decades old) to weave into the US story.

#MissionMiami
First off, people need to remember adapting Kamen Rider isn't like PR were they have to adapt every next sentai. Kommon Rider can be adapted in any order like after Dragon Knight they could go with the next popular Kamen Rider series, Kabuto then Den-O and they could skip Decade and go with something before Ryuki.