Kamen Rider Double Forever - Gaia Memory of Fate - Discussion thread

Heroes are forever
Excellent, from beginning to end. The action scenes were sexy, I hope they bring this kind of stuff to the Let's Go Kamen Rider Movie, and Movie Wars Core better have it too!

Now, I have nothing against ''Showa references'' or whatever you call them, but this seems like a bit of an overreaction, where are the fucking Showa sounds you're talking about? Sure, Joker is reminiscent of the first Riders with his finishers and Henshin (great posing Shotaro), but other than that and the effect the belt makes, I don't see anything else.
If you're going to categorize something as a Showa Reference, I'd mention the entire movie.
Kaijins that have been defeated before suddenly reviving and running rampant? Mooks on motorcycles chasing after Kamen Rider? And even the directing, which may not have been intentional.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. At all.

OOO appearance was as great as I expected, and he barely had any screen time too, had I been watching this at the theaters last summer, I would be counting the days until OOO's series started.

And I'll make a special mention to the Luna Dopant. I loved the guy, he's just a lovable villain.
''I don't hate you, just let me give you a big hug!''
Things like that, we could use another villain like that.

"Training."
^

"Tweeeee!" and...

1279791510980.jpg

Now, I have nothing against ''Showa references'' or whatever you call them, but this seems like a bit of an overreaction, where are the fucking Showa sounds you're talking about?

There was a sound effect during the Heat Dopant fight in the water under the bridge. He reaches across with a right jab, and stays posed, and that's when you hear the Showa-like sound effect.

Last edited:
Twitter - @MisturYellow
When exactly did this take place? Or is it out of continuity like the other movies?

"Training."
There was a sound effect during the Heat Dopant fight in the water under the bridge. He reaches across with a right jab, and stays posed, and that's when you hear the Showa-like sound effect.

It happens again when he jumps for the kick and when he does BLACK's pose.

Now, I have nothing against ''Showa references'' or whatever you call them, but this seems like a bit of an overreaction, where are the fucking Showa sounds you're talking about? Sure, Joker is reminiscent of the first Riders with his finishers and Henshin (great posing Shotaro), but other than that and the effect the belt makes, I don't see anything else.
He's more of a reference to Black than Ichigo.
That might be stretching it...

Kamen Rider Meta
That might be stretching it...
Actually, I don't think that one's streching it. There was no other reason for that "twee~" sound effect to be there after he slow-mo hit her. You even hear it again when he charges his Rider Punch

It's over 8,000!

That went nowhere.

That didn't answer anything.

Down, boy.

Now, that was kinda weird. They're fighting in the office, and then suddenly, they're falling off a bridge. I'm like "When did that happen?" :laugh:

It happens more in Showa Rider if you've seen any.

I'm kinda glad CJGX only got exactly as much screentime as it did. At heart it's a pretty silly design and only looks badass insomuch as it appeared, riding on the hopes and dreams of the people of Fuuto.

You don't like the wings? :(

Kamen Rider Joker ruled in that movie.

I enjoyed the movie, specially the metal dopant part lol

bonus
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/351/al1010281528binout.jpg

Falcon Rider Punch.