Shiver as you hear my ROAR!!!
Oh, anybody else think the reason Wataru wanted the AU riders destroyed is because so he and the other riders could get their powers back?

Yep. One of the things wtatru said to tsukasa in the first ep was along the lines of "Me and my comrades are going to stick around until you complete your mission. You are the one to destroy all riders". Since decade didn't destroy them, he failed.

Why do people keep saying Agito fits in with the series...? Heck, even the commercials made it crystal clear that it was taking place outside of the TV series universe.

Did you even watch the movie? Because they make it crystal clear that the movie is IN UNIVERSE with the series, because they build up to Project G4 in the god damn series and that TV special with G3 Mild. Ozawa creates the G4 System but deletes it within the series, subtle build up but its proof that Project G4 is canon

Mad Skillz
Did you even watch the movie? Because they make it crystal clear that the movie is IN UNIVERSE with the series, because they build up to Project G4 in the god damn series and that TV special with G3 Mild. Ozawa creates the G4 System but deletes it within the series, subtle build up but its proof that Project G4 is canon
...yes, and that's why I'm saying it doesn't take place within the series itself. If the events in the movie make you believe otherwise, at least trying searching for advertisements for the movie which all say that it was a "shocking first" by being the first movie not to take place within the universe of the series. (and if you can ever find them, certain commercials for the movie use this as the big selling point) I'm pretty sure it takes place within the universe for Aratanaru Henshin, but not the series itself, Toei made it no secret that the movie wasn't in line with the series.

Nice post!!
It's already gone on to become the highest earning Heisei movie (Rider movie in general?) and the one to make it to that point the fastest. Makes me think Toei might see some more staying power in Decade.

It seems premature to attribute the movie's success to Decade specifically rather than it being the first theatrical appearance of the classic Showa Riders in... what, over 20 years? It seems to me that could get people into theaters who don't even know who Decade is (beyond "this year's Kamen Rider").

Of course, if the December movie figures are anywhere near what All Riders pulled in, then it'll be pretty inarguable that Decade is a major draw just by himself. That would be an interesting position for Toei to find itself in if, say, W ended up under-performing.

It seems premature to attribute the movie's success to Decade specifically rather than it being the first theatrical appearance of the classic Showa Riders in... what, over 20 years? It seems to me that could get people into theaters who don't even know who Decade is (beyond "this year's Kamen Rider").

Of course, if the December movie figures are anywhere near what All Riders pulled in, then it'll be pretty inarguable that Decade is a major draw just by himself. That would be an interesting position for Toei to find itself in if, say, W ended up under-performing.

"Decade is a major draw just by himself"? Isn't that missing the point? Decade is a draw only because it places many past things together.

There's still the question about whether enough people care about just past Heisei, without Showa, and this movie should answer that. However, if the movie just focuses on Decade original things... it'd be weird, and completely different from the series itself which always featured guest Riders.

Why has this become the answer for every subpar show now? "I just enjoyed it for what it was. Don't be so serious" as though that absolves everything.

What if "what it was" was dreck? How do I 'enjoy' that?

Some of us are just tired of getting our expectations for good stuff being let down already.We really have no choice but to stoop to these levels to enjoy it.Just turn on the Fanservice only filter.

Wouldn't you get worn down by repeated mediocre seasons?

Its much better than ranting your guts out for months and months on end...

Kamen Rider Meta
Besides guys, even if the series has ended strangely, when it comes to the movie, there's gonna be this to look foward to

[hide]
rx200912341234.jpg
[/hide]

:castlerock: