1000640hjp.jpg

So, I just bought this for about $20 USD on ebay, and thought I'd do a quick review, since I've never seen a review for these. I would have done a video review, but I don't have a good enough camera for that :disappoin. First things first, I'm not even sure if this is official merchandise. The box it came in says Bandai-Asia.com and not bandai japan, which doesn't seem to have any info on it. It also says not for sale, so maybe it's some kind of promotional item, I'm not sure. Maybe someone that knows more about these can fill me in.

1000641l.jpg

1000642z.jpg

It's actually a pretty good size, not too thick. It doesn't actually weigh as much as it looks like it would, considering most of it seems to be plastic. The back, sadly, is plain black plastic with some pretty ugly screws in it, but it wouldn't be visible if you wore it. Worth noting is that it doesn't connect to a belt the way a traditional belt buckle would, it just sort-of clips onto it, or anything you want to clip it onto.

1000643d.jpg

1000644odo.jpg

One thing that caught me off guard, is that the middle part (the rouzer? I'm not quite hip to Blade's lingo) can actually be removed in a similar way to the DX toy. Done by pulling the part on the right side, and just pulling the rouzer out. Snaps back in just as easily.

1000645i.jpg

Strangely, it seems to have these moving parts on the back that look like they should be used to remove it from the buckle itself. Although since you remove it by pulling the right part out, I'm not entirely sure why they designed it to have this.

I can't comment too much on the other ones (Blade, Garren, and Leangle) since I only bought Chalice's, but I would imagine they're more or less the same.

I really like the way this thing looks, it has quite a bit of detail, and manages to look right even though it's plated and not colored. It fits pretty well on a standard sized belt, and you simply can't beat the level of badassery you'll feel, walking around wearing a rider belt buckle. For the price, you can't really go wrong here. Especially if you're a fan of Blade's riders. Sadly, you can usually only find them for about $80 as a set of all four, but you can find them individually from time to time on ebay (search something along the lines of "masked rider plated" and they should pop right up.)

A definite buy for any fan of Blade's riders :thumbs:

Woh, that's cool! :O Can't really budget 'em in right now but I'd definitely love to add those to the wardrobe, hehe.

Space Ninja
First things first, I'm not even sure if this is official merchandise. The box it came in says Bandai-Asia.com and not bandai japan, which doesn't seem to have any info on it. It also says not for sale, so maybe it's some kind of promotional item, I'm not sure. Maybe someone that knows more about these can fill me in.

This should be a legitimate item.

I don't understand the logic behind it, but for some reason Bandai Asia really goes the extra mile to cater to collectors (and kids... I guess) with exclusive items that aren't even available to their Japanese fans. It makes sense for a company to offer exclusives only readily available to residents in its home country, but releases only available from one of its international branches? My guess is that this has to do with China, but your educated guess is as good as mine.

Anyway, one of the more common exclusives that I've found are silver-plated versions of DX toys. The first items I've encountered of this kind would be the silver versions of the four Abaranger auxiliary mecha, which show up often on eBay and were apparently event exclusives. Their boxes were marked Not for Sale just like this buckle.

SUPER ROYAL ACE
Nice review!

I'm such an idiot though. I thought this was an actual DX belt, just chrome plated. The back of the buckle made me think so too; I thought those screws were for a battery cover. Haha

Nice review!

I'm such an idiot though. I thought this was an actual DX belt, just chrome plated. The back of the buckle made me think so too; I thought those screws were for a battery cover. Haha

Me too, haha. XD It took me a sec to catch on.

Is the silver part actually metal? or is it spray painted plastic?
and can you actually fix a belt to it?

Last edited:
A little info feed on the above item and I have to say these are gorgeous. Why'd I say 'these' and not 'this'? That's because they have it for all 4 designs, and coincidentally I have all 4 as well with Chalice's being the smallest box.

P1010418.jpg
These are how the boxes look like. They are freebies given in HK by Bandai Asia/HK and are not for sale. However, they are not the replicas of the DX versions. If you guys are familiar with the Handy Series, yes, they are the Buckles they picked up from Handy Series and painted em so. The Handy Series comes with chromed Buckles and Weapons which are always smaller and are more for kids.

P1010419.jpg
The inside of the boxes see all 4 shiny babies and are very nicely chromed.

P1010420.jpg
Compared to the DX Buckles that I have, they are definitely a tad bit smaller but that doesn't mean they don't rock. I love them and I had to get a couple of Blade toys that I don't need to get them.