DIq8LcJUwAAjVDg.jpg

This week: touching other people's cell phones with your feet (ick!), an actual bike chase, getting mad at Batman, and women in refrigerators.

Random theory I heard this week from the awesome @evilspacewhale on twitter:
The first three monsters of the week in the original Kamen Rider were themed after a spider, a bat and a cobra. This often gets homaged in other Rider shows. Build seems like it could be doing the same with it's more important characters: obviously we have Night Rogue, and the toy catalogs show he will get an ally who is cobra themed. But what about the spider? Well, in real life spiders consume their prey by liquifying their insides and then drinking it. Build absorbs the "essence" of defeated foes into empty bottles with a spider web pattern on them. Also episode one showed that someone who is turned back to normal after being a Smash had no memory of it. Is it just possible that Sento was the spider-themed Smash?

I usually don't take much notice of OP credits, but I really like this one coupled to the theme song with that narration at the beginning.

Two episodes with lots of bike action, and no bike in the preview next week. I'm already wondering if they scrapped it.

The Smash designs aren't bad, but they don't really come off as surgically altered humans. They look like the Matrintis from Goseiger. I wish they'd gone with something more "monstrous", like in Amazons.

Yeah the opening theme has really grown on me this last week, which has surprised me as I normally prefer the pop-rock themes and found it very easy to skip 'Excite' each week. I've seen a lot of complaints that the lyrics don't really have anything to do with the show so it seems a bit "generic anime opening", or that the visuals aren't really edited to match the music (which could change anyway as the credits evolve to include new forms and characters). But it's got totally stuck in my head. :D

Some kind of Beast mode
Significantly better than the first episode, the humor was actually funny in parts as well. Sucks that fighting giant cgi messes are the norm now though.

is Mayor of Farmville
Nice bit of development for Banjou Ryuuga.Considering how Sento tossed him a bottle we could safely expect him to be a secondary Rider in the efuture...after Some Dude