Lurker
Okay. Now that I've finally finished watching Heroes, I can dedicate more time to Blade.

Although I have to admit, that I have to MAKE myself watch it...not like when I was watching Kabuto and I NEEDED to watch it. I'm hoping it picks up a little more. Spoilers for up to Episode 9

[hide] So now Garren is like, captured by the Undead dude in the leather coat. I dont know what his name is, but they're doing something to him in some big watery tank thing.

And Hajime left Amune and her mom, and Amune is all sad. Awwww. Hajime + Amune = love.

So far I really like Hajime. I don't know why. Also, I think that Kenzaki and milk drinking boy need to like, get it on or something, because they totally look at each other like, "OMG I WANNA KISS YOU."

Buuuut that could also just be me, searching for a new Kageyama!Yaguruma.

[/hide]
That exactly how I felt when I started to watch Blade but lucky for you ep 8 or 9 is where things start to pick up so get ready for the rider. His name is Isaka by the way, or somthing like that.

ok so i FINALLY finished blade. went through it in like 3/4 days. gotta say... the story would have impacted me a lot of more SPOILER if tachibana, mutsuki and kenzaki all died at the end of the show.

ps sry for bumping.

Super Moderator
I'm not sure everybody dying at the end would have really helped anything at all.

SPOILERS

[hide]I think not stretching Mutsuki's story out so long and not having started off Tachibana/Garren as afraid for his life, then getting his guts back ony to have him be gullable yet again when the Trial disguised as Shiori's father shows up would have helped alot.

There were times when Tachibana was very cool and others where he's like the kid bullies trick into hunting for snipe in the woods. When the writers were really on with Tacibana I liked him, but it just didn't happen often enough IMO. I think I would have liked to have seen him really starting off as a strong sempai-Rider to Kenzaki/Blade who seeks his only solace from battle with the lady doctor he went to high-school with. Maybe *then* after she is killed they could've done something with him kinda losing his way or getting manipulated. Then the student must save the teacher.

I think they shouldn't have had BOARD headquarters destroyed right off the bat. I think if they had been working with the group longer then the idea that it was corrupt would have more impact to it later on. Basically, this time the Riders escape from the evil orginzation is more about find out you've been decieved and then making a choice rather than escaping brainwashing.

The Trials were more interesting monsters than the Undead but the Undead aren't bad. I think they may have been better in a seperate show with Chalice as the main Rider.

I liked Kenzaki. A totally unapologetically good guy who isn't portrayed as a naieve goon or an ineffective fighter. His backstory is a little under developed and they spend too much time on him as Hajimes unspoken boyfreind. But as Rider protags go I think he is actually one of the better ones. The show should have done more with him. The episode with the girl who doesn't believe in heroes is a particular stand-out for me. She keeps throwing the same cynical crap at him and his every action is proving her wrong even when she doesn't realize it.

I'm of two minds about Hajime/Chalice. One the one hand I don't like him because they played the Rider-is-also-a-monster with seperate power sets thing yet again and the thing with Akane is not awful just overdone. On the other hand I liked the idea of a Rider who has his dark past and secret life of fighting monsters while staying with this kind mother and daughter that acts as his link to humanity and constant reminder of what he is fighting for.

Mutsuki/Leangle. (Anyone else still hear his girlfreind shouting his name incessantly over and over again?) Honestly, I liked the other guy who was Leangle for a single episode better. Mutsuki was always better off in those rare moments where he was portrayed as more or less a normal kid rather than the emo boy who wanted to be teh str0ngest ev@r! However, in context of the show I liked the interplay between him and the Tiger Undead.[/hide]

Last edited:
I don't get why everyone liked Mutsuki, the guy was emo and made no sense. How the hell did he get a night club when he was living with his parents and trying to avoid getting molested by his girlfriend as she screamed his name over and over for the rest of her life?

Mad Skillz
Guys, if you're going to use spoilers, please use them right:

[_hide]copy this code without the underscores[/hide_]

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
here is wat i think about Tachibana

[hide]I think the set up the Tachibana story pretty good. He was weak at first cuz he was afraid of bein consumed and ultimately defeated by his power. he was influenced by dude with the shades. then he overcame and saw what he really should be fighting for. if they made him a strong tough guy from the beginning then made him break down in the middle, that would be too obvious. its already been done before. this brings drama from the getgo which i liked. and, if he didnt go through all that, he wouldnt have been able to help Mutsuki overcome the Spider Undead's influence. so i think it all worked out.

this is my second best show, following Faiz, which was just crazy good.[/hide]

Super Moderator
On a more positive notes (since I probably come off as pretty negative on the board sometimes) there are things I grew to like about Blade. Kenzaki being one of these. I also liked the shows pacing, a real brisk distribution between drama and action that was good for a Rider series. Lots of bike use and stunts which was refreshing. Love the Trials and various nods to all things Rider in the show. Even though I don't like cards gimmicks after the first episode I started to really like the henshin effect and Kenzaki's kata.

I fully agree, KAMEN RIDER BLADE is AWEOME!! & I got hooked after watching episode 3 as well. [= & Just like a lot of others that said it on here, I started watching it right after I finished Garo & Garo rocked too!!! But yes, my opinion Blade was the best Kamen Rider Series!! [=

[hide]i would just think that if kenzaki, tachibana, and mutsuki all died at the end of the series, no matter how sad, it would have had greater significance over the theme of the series. unless im misunderstanding the theme. they all put their lives on their line to save hajime becoz they believed in him. 3 men who have lost everything fighting the undead.

tachibana had finally learned his lesson by the end of the series, and his fight with the last category king was just really tragic. when we find out they he dies, i totally flipped out of my seat. that was the kinda reaction i want to get in a toku series, me going WTF I CANT BELIEVE IT! NOOOO! like every other episode. (thats kinda the reason i loved 555).

as for mutsuki... well i just want him dead so his damn girlfriend would shut up lol. (but seriously he is damn lucky to have that kinda girlfriend, and in highschool no less). there were highs and lows in his character development. that whole part about him occupying a nightclub baffled me.

but yeah maybe its just me and my fetish with tragic endings that portray the protagonists at their most vulnerable. sometihng like that.[/hide]