For the Ryuki ending I would've rather Zolda go out like he did and stay dead. The heroes tho... I would've rather they fought hard and achieved their goals through acts of strong will and sacrifice of some sort.

Not a fan of undoing all that's done, but instead making do with what you have and making the best out of it through hard work and fighting.

Glad some folk liked it tho. It was my first Toku, so it'll be hard to dethrone it from my fave of Kamen Riders. I just would've liked a better ending with both Knight and Ryuki fighting hard against Kanzaki together in an explosive sequence ontop of a skyscraper or something with a final Rider Kick that explodes all reflective surfaces within a 50 mile radius, killing the monsters, stealing away his powers and to see Kanzaki be human once again for a little while to say goodbye to Yui and that he did it all for her before passing on. Those who fought for right get their wishes granted and so on and so forth to a hard fought be rewarding ending,.

Would like to change his avatar
Undoing your story is just bad writing. Plain and simple. It's when things have gotten so bad and beyond your control that you can't give it a proper ending, so you go the hack route and undo it all.

I thought the second half of Ryuki was terrible, and the ending didn't do much to help it. I think Episode Final is overrated, but a more fitting ending. It's a downer -- there's no way to end the Ryuki setup in anything other than a downer -- but at least it's vague. Shinji and Ren ended the movie as true heroes -- partners. They went out in that good ol' Bruce Lee way -- marching into the heart of madness. Do they survive or beef it? Chances are they beef it, but at least they went out like heroes, doing what's best (saving people! Christ, how many times were people saved in Ryuki!?!)

The Blade ending...it wasn't as bad as Ryuki or Faiz's, but it wasn't great, either. Blade's mess of an ending came from how aimless the first half of the series was -- it did good considering that a new writer took over and essentially started from scratch, but I still think it was a slap in the face of viewers to have Mutsuki and Tachibana written out just to highlight Hajime and Kenzaki's love affair and have Kenzaki just magically turn himself into a Joker. I still think it was incredibly stupid for Tachibana to have the awesome idea of unsealing Human Undead and sealing Joker, but sentimental fool Kenzaki had none of it.

Tachibana should have stayed dead (again, going out as a hero instead of the chump he was the entire series) and Mutsuki should have had more to do after FINALLY getting rid of that Category Ace mess.

One problem the Ryuki through Blade finales share -- how lame they are in the entire senseless "No! A whole mass of the same monster is coming after us!" With Ryuki it was the Ghosts, Faiz kinda the Riot Troopers and Blade the cock-a-roaches. That's just uncreative...it's as bad as how every sentai finale anymore is just a damn mecha fight.

Shougo Kuroiwa said:
Undoing your story is just bad writing. Plain and simple. It's when things have gotten so bad and beyond your control that you can't give it a proper ending, so you go the hack route and undo it all.

I think Episode Final is overrated, but a more fitting ending. It's a downer -- there's no way to end the Ryuki setup in anything other than a downer -- but at least it's vague. Shinji and Ren ended the movie as true heroes -- partners. They went out in that good ol' Bruce Lee way -- marching into the heart of madness. Do they survive or beef it? Chances are they beef it, but at least they went out like heroes, doing what's best (saving people! Christ, how many times were people saved in Ryuki!?!)

I admit Ryuki had some pretty bad writing, I mean you don't really see much plot until the second half of the series. But I still liked the ending, it was different. I consider to think the TV series has 2 endings, a sort of multiple realities. For Ryuki we see 4 realities, the TV series up until before the reset, the reset, 13 rider special, and Episode Final, there could be countless more with Kanzaki's time altering powers. Anyways, I also really liked Episode Final's ending, it was extremely heroic. A kind of, dash into the storm, don't know if we'll live don't know if we'll die, but we'll go down fighting. I thought it was cool, like a western.

Kyusaku said:
For Ryuki we see 4 realities, the TV series up until before the reset, the reset, 13 rider special, and Episode Final, there could be countless more with Kanzaki's time altering powers.

That's what the Chozenshuu claims, isn't it? I see it as just choosing your own adventure. I always just watch Episode Final instead of the real finale. After the episode where Tiger dies, pop in EF, it can sort of fit in there.

I'm one of two people that enjoyed Missing Ace, and would prefer for that to be tied to the series, if not the "real" ending.

Mr. Kamen Rider
Shougo Kuroiwa said:
I'm one of two people that enjoyed Missing Ace, and would prefer for that to be tied to the series, if not the "real" ending.

So you're the other person! :laugh:

As far as Ryuki & Blade go, I liked the movies as "the end" more than the TV shows, although I did like the Blade TV ending in its own way. The Ryuki TV one had some good points, but I just like it better when they own up to what's gone on for the series rather than sweep it aside with some magical plot device.

Still going to go with the original series and Stronger as my favorite Rider finales.

Fear the glasses!!
I dunno...I saw a real factor of "patheticness" in the ending of Ryuki. The resetting of the game, gave it an ultimate factor of "futility" and "hamster stuck in a wheel" feeling of fate and the idea it's sealed no matter what you do. At the same time, the fact that it was reset also meant that the game continues...in short, life continues, and you have another chance to live it. Perhaps different, perhaps not - I think it was the intention of the writers to maintain that same fatalistic end that Ryuki HAD to barrel down to the very end, but give the hope that is inherent in such a situation - and of course, not upset the kiddies too much.

As for Blade's ending...I was saddened by it. Because it would have been better for Kenzaki to die than live apart from his home. "Home" as in the definition of friends and such...Missing Ace though was a very nice ending as well. I think both did a good job of painting the picture of both possibilties. Notice though, both endings had some major character biting the dust. That makes three people who liked MA. :198:

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
The only major problem I had with Blade's ending was how easily it could have been avoided. Just unseal Shima-san before you seal the category king, and have him go back to Tibet. Problem solved.

Igadevil said:
Still going to go with the original series and Stronger as my favorite Rider finales.

That finale effin' rocks. It's what Gaoranger VS Super Sentai should have been, with all of the actors who played Red returning (although a tad more ambitious than several Riders, still, it's cool to see all of the actors lined up and not Korakuen-esque fake shemps in suits).

MaraJade said:
Notice though, both endings had some major character biting the dust. That makes three people who liked MA.

MA did get a little nutty in the end -- things were a little messy with Shimura murdering everyone and the entire Vanity/Chalice sacrifice -- but, I don't know why, I just enjoyed that movie. I wasn't a big fan of the series, but I just liked the premise of meeting the heroes in the future -- mostly Mutsuki, being so reluctant after his ordeal with being possessed.

VengeanceGOD said:
Just unseal Shima-san before you seal the category king, and have him go back to Tibet. Problem solved.

I still think Tachibana's plan would have worked best. Use Leangle's Remote to unseal Human Undead, then seal the Joker & Mantis -- Human again wins, Human seems to be a "nice" Undead and plus Hajime's still pretty much there for Amane (since she was the only one who even cared about him). But I guess that it wasn't the "same" Hajime to Kenzaki, so he dumped on Tachibana's plan...a completely Human Undead Hajime would have been a hell of a lot nicer than Joker/Mantis/Human Hajime!

Which makes me just have to bring up what a brat Amane is. Besides being torturous episodes, I hated how she hated the nice "Hajime" (which was Ryou) and perked right up once the real Hajime returned and was being an ass. We want to like these characters, why do these new Rider shows like having such unlikable characters?

Shougo Kuroiwa said:

I didn't like Missing Ace's ending(the whole vanity thing and Fourteen monster was too cheesy for my tastes). I liked Missing Ace's intro on what could've been the TV series ending, I thought that was really great. I really prefer the TV series ended like that, an epic battle between Blade and Joker. I though Blade's TV ending was ok. It was really disorienting on how it ended. But not great, nothing about it truly stands out to make it special. Sure beat the hell out of Faiz's ending which in my opinion is not that hard at all.

MaraJade said:
As for Blade's ending...I was saddened by it. Because it would have been better for Kenzaki to die than live apart from his home. "Home" as in the definition of friends and such...

I don't really see that, throughout the series Kenzaki is pretty emotionally distant from almost everyone except for Hajime. I guess that's what happens when your main character has almost 0 character development while the rest of the cast does get character development. He really seemed like he had no home and was just a wanderer. He knew what he was getting into, and was fine with it.

Life is showtime
I've still only seen up to ep 25 of this series courtesy of TV-Nihon. I'm having a battle inside my head between Kuuga and Blade box sets. LOL!

*inside RK's head you can hear "Chou Henshin!" "HENSHIN!" Turn Up! Evolution King! Royal Straight Flush!"* :laugh:

BLADE FUCKING OWNS MAN!!!!