For The Greater Justice...
^ Nice. This series is definitely one of my faves. The subs on the AV sets are good but avoid MI at all cost. I'm watching this series again 'cause I liked it so much.

For The Greater Justice...
VengeanceGOD said:
Ok, I'll be sure to keep that in mind. What are AV and MI? :)

They are the companies that put these DVDs out. AV usually puts out great subs. The subs from the MI companies are usually horrible with the names being messed up and such. AV isn't perfect either but way more understandable that the subs from MI.

I think that was another reason I had a hard time getting into Blade. My first 12 eps had the MI subs so I wasn't really catching the names and I had a little difficulty understanding what was going on. The rest of my eps after 12 were from the AV sets and the subs improved greatly.

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Yeah, I had a similar problem even though I had the awesome TV-Nihon subs. Being a white guy who led a very sheltered life on the East Coast for a very long time where there are almost no Asian people, I had trouble telling Hajime and Kenzaki apart. Which meant for a while I thought the Jacaranda was in Koutarou's house. :)

Yeah, well, being an Asian guy who's lived around Chinese people his whole life I -still- had trouble telling Hajime and Kenzaki apart. Then again, I've only seen ep 1 still. =P

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Bad Cuiran! Bad! Was the fact that I couldn't stop talking about Blade not enough to get you to watch! Stop with your silly socializing and get to important things, like Blade!

I watch Blade when socializing! IE. like Sailor Moon, girlfriend will kick my ass if I watch without her. Think like Tales of Symphonia. >_>

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
Yeah, or like how Blade will soon be for me. I'm watching it through again to show Alden and Mae Linh.

Would like to change his avatar
I don't think it's racist to say that you had trouble telling a few cast members apart -- I think talent in Japan has just gotten that more generic, much like Hollywood. I think Hajime looks an awful lot like Battle Royale's Nanahara, who reminded me a lot of GoGoFive's Shou, who reminded me of Flashman's Dai...so, either the Japanese are cloning some of the people they like, or talent has just gotten more generic. Or...both!

And, is it just me, or did the guy who played the young useless detective in Faiz look JUST LIKE Satoshi Matsuda? And I always thought it was dumb of Toei to cast the dude who played Kuwaga in Hurricanger and Shinji in Ryuki during the same year's shows, because they're pretty damn similar looking...