Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
But then it does make sense. It seems your under the assumption that because his life is on the line he has to be totally selfish and consider letting the gates die horribly for him to survive.

It makes no sense at all and I cannot see how under any circumstance that it would make sense for someone to be like Kousuke under his conditions.

You don't understand how much his life is on the line here. The problem doesn't even have to be that he isn't selfish. The problem is that his ideals and actions don't even come close to someone who has a good chance of not seeing the day of tomorrow.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
jesus christ you guys, Beast has been around for what, 2-3 episodes now? how about instead of nitpicking the few scraps of info we have on the character, I dunno.. develop, and then share our opinions.

and to soujiro, dude, for all you know beasts backstory could provide a totally legitimate reason for his attitude. but as i said we dont know enough about the character to make any credible statement on how he should act, as we know practically nothing. to try and analyze a character this early is completely and utterly asinine.

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
and to soujiro, dude, for all you know beasts backstory could provide a totally legitimate reason for his attitude. but as i said we dont know enough about the character to make any credible statement on how he should act, as we know practically nothing. to try and analyze a character this early is completely and utterly asinine.

I'm going off of what we know about him and nothing more. If we get info that contradicts what I think, then sure, whatever. Until then we can ***** about him all we want.

Another Climax
I probably might have preferred him being a bit more serious, although I guess with the main character already being the serious guy, the second rider will be a silly alternative.

Hope he is more then just the funny guy, I prefer Beast's design over Wizard's standard look.

Banned
jesus christ you guys, Beast has been around for what, 2-3 episodes now? how about instead of nitpicking the few scraps of info we have on the character, I dunno.. develop, and then share our opinions.

If you don't feel the need to discuss the character or how he is, then don't take part in this thread. It is just that simple.

I can't stand him at all. Unless he does a complete turn around... I just don't see him growing on me.

Welcome
I really hope Beast dies.Not because I don't like his character.Heck, I'm like 13 episodes behind on the series and haven't even seen the guy in action yet, but I really think it'd provide some nice drama.I'm not saying all series should be grim dark, serious, everyone dies stuff, but the death would make the show more interesting.Plus, it would fit in with Kousuke's need for mana to survive.

Nice post!!
My guess is that despite popular opinion Beast maybe the one to do in phoenix and that is how he frees himself from Chimera. Since Phoenix seems to have a technical unending mana supply from rebirth beating and consuming him would free Nitoh and satisfy Chimera, because it would be like a never ending buffet.

I'm quoting this because I think it's a really good call. Wizard (the show) clearly isn't interested in engaging with the darker undertones that would logically arise from being in Kosuke's position. Generally a show like that gives a character a problem so it can be completely fixed at some point, and the heroes can triumph without compromise. Beast devouring Phoenix solves both of the show's apparently unsolvable problems.

Kousuke is retardedly goofy and stupid considering the situation he's in every single day. I like his style and character but it just doesn't fit at all.

I feel like Kosuke is a character cut from the same cloth as OOO's Eiji Hino, built around the idea of a guy in a terrible situation who doesn't want to lose his humanity to it. You could argue this basic idea goes back to Yuusuke Godai from Kuuga, or back to the way Hayato Ichimonji was written as a more cheerful character to contrast Hongo's moodier nature.

This is naturally going to seem less interesting than a darker take, because we've seen a lot more often and a lot more recently. Again, this is pretty much what OOO did for its protagonist exactly, and I imagine we'll see a similar arc in Kosuke (the hero is rewarded for clinging to his humanity despite all challenges). This is not by any means a bad story, but...

The idea of Kosuke as a darker character, someone conflicted by his need for mana, who might view Wizard as an enemy from the start or feel forced to side with the Phantoms... that's probably more appealing because it would be something different. Heisei Rider has had characters like that, but we haven't seen any of them since... what, Kiva? Kabuto? Arguably even earlier.