Lurker
I don't see why BW3 can't be on both the PS3 and PS4 when Namco Bandai has both Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution and Godzilla on both systems.

I think it's cause Kamen Rider is still a niche series compared to more popular and profitable franchises.
Plus those games you mentioned are getting localized, which turns in more profit.
And IIRC, the PS4 isn't doing so well in Japan, so it makes sense that they would want to make BW3 for the PS3.
It's easy to do (Just reuse the assets) and can probably churn more of a profit than doing a cross platform release to a less popular console.

But who knows, they surprised everybody with the first Battride War game being on the PS3.
I remember people flipping out when that was first announced.

I think it's cause Kamen Rider is still a niche series compared to more popular and profitable franchises.

I thought Kamen Rider is consider to be mainstream in Japan? It's niche here in the US since it's a obscure franchise.

Lurker
I thought Kamen Rider is consider to be mainstream in Japan? It's niche here in the US since it's a obscure franchise.

not really, aside from Den O's tenure, the rest of the show only have a niche market there right now, Anime is still much bigger, hence why there aren't as many tokusatsu games as opposed to animes

If anything, I could see it going Wii U/Vita or pure Wii U until PS4 development gets easier/cheaper.

Frankly, I just hope they do anything other than Summonride.

Lurker
If anything, I could see it going Wii U/Vita or pure Wii U until PS4 development gets easier/cheaper.

Frankly, I just hope they do anything other than Summonride.

emphasis on most popular and cheapest console, WiiU is anything but popular right now in JP(and most likely, never) just like Wii back then, which is why Bamco shifted the CH releases to also include PSP, because CHW's sales were horrible as a Wii exclusive, so if there's a choice between PS3 and WiiU, it's probably the WiiU version that is going to be stopped being produced, UNLESS Nintendo helps funding the game, so that even if it bombs(as in the game lacks sales, not the game sucking) Bamco wouldn't lose much

Vita is also unpopular in JP, at least nowhere as near as PSP's popularity back then, whereas 3DS had a lot of problems of it's own despite being really popular(in that you can't simply port the games to it from other medias easily, without sacrificing controls or quality)

Unless they announce it for another summer release in the next month or two, I just don't see it realistically continuing as a PS3 series (unless 3 is also somehow on the PS4 too). We're in next gen now, and as far as Sony consoles go, that's PS4/Vita. Vita can probably handle these games and they're already putting Kamen Rider games on Wii U, and handheld games are more popular in general there. As for the Vita, it's not so unpopular that if they release a game on it, it wouldn't make a profit, especially considering these games don't exactly look like they're particularly AAA high budget material.

Hope no one minds the double post--

Finally playing this, and I'm enjoying it for the most part. Think it was a bit disappointing with how Baron ended up having Mango as his special, but I guess it had to be. Load times are still annoying, but at least the game feels like it's improved a lot from the first one. I'm not feeling too many of my major complaints that I had yet, at least, though I haven't unlocked anymore from before W either.

One thing I do take issue with: Why in the world is Gaim's finisher song... whatever it is rather than Just Live More or Rise Up Your Flag (or however it's worded)? There's way too much Rider Girls service in this game as it is, but that's just a mood killer. :disappoin

Lurker
One thing I do take issue with: Why in the world is Gaim's finisher song... whatever it is rather than Just Live More or Rise Up Your Flag (or however it's worded)? There's way too much Rider Girls service in this game as it is, but that's just a mood killer. :disappoin

well, Rise Up Your Flag does not exist when BW3 is made, the single is officially released like, months after BW3 was out IIRC...and that's what the custom BGM is there for, so that you don't whine about which rider is getting what song, do it yourselves so that everything is perfect.

From what I can tell, unless I have to rebuy the premium tracks, I... can't actually use them in custom playlists? I've tried making them, but I only have what I've bought from the shop.

Speaking of, when do figures show up? The only thing available so far is music and one voice.

Lurker
From what I can tell, unless I have to rebuy the premium tracks, I... can't actually use them in custom playlists? I've tried making them, but I only have what I've bought from the shop.

Speaking of, when do figures show up? The only thing available so far is music and one voice.

i dunno, i just bought the (much, much) cheaper regular version and use my own MP3's, don't really care much about the overpriced premium version and it's crappy auto playlist

figure shows up when you unlock survival mode(not that far, it will start to appear less than halfway into story mode, around the time the old Heisei riders are unlocked IIRC), after you unlock the mode play it to unlock the figures in the shop for purchase

or if you insist on having figures BEFORE unlocking survival, simply level your character to 50, it will unlock one S rank figure based on their ultimate form on the shop, makes you look dumb though, but hey, i'm just answering the question