Guys, new Dengeki article is up http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/852/852738/ the article mainly talk about the three new characters, Gaim, Baron, and Yoshimune, and also about the Ultimate forms.

Gaim only have Jinba Lemon for his Jinba Arms while Baron have Mango as the finisher, Yoshimune is just badass incarnate. Riders that doesn't have an Ultimate form can still access the Ultimate mode, albeit only getting an aura and powered-up status, the article tease Kuuga's as the power that exceed Ultimate, maybe Rising Ultimate as pallete swap?

Some Riders also have more than one Super mode like Den-O, Fourze have Cosmic and Rocket while Wizard have All Dragon and Infinity. Activating Ultimate form while in Cosmic will change Fourze to Meteor Fusion while activating in Rocket will change him to Meteor Nadeshiko Fusion. The same with Wizard with All Dragon to Special Rush and Infinity to Infinity Dragon Gold.

Last edited:
Lurker
Riders that doesn't have an Ultimate form can still access the Ultimate mode, albeit only getting an aura and powered-up status, the article tease Kuuga's as the power that exceed Ultimate, maybe Rising Ultimate as pallete swap?

nope, as you see there's virtually no change in Kuuga on that screenie, in the previous one you can clearly see the change in W's screenshot, plus it doesn't make sense for Godai to use an alternate reality Gorgom powered version of Kuuga

Some Riders also have more than one Super mode like Den-O, Fourze have Cosmic and Rocket while Wizard have All Dragon and Infinity. Activating Ultimate form while in Cosmic will change Fourze to Meteor Fusion while activating in Rocket will change him to Meteor Nadeshiko Fusion. The same with Wizard with All Dragon to Special Rush and Infinity to Infinity Dragon Gold.
Don't forget Decade, although the only visible change is on the cards in his chest, if you power up complete form, all of the cards in his chest will change into ultimate forms, and the one is the center is Rising Ultimate

the attacks itself doesn't change at all though, funny how they picked Kabuto and Ryuuki as the FAR screenshot and not show off the Rising Ultimate FAR instead.

quick notes:

-Tokugawa's gimmick is pretty much similar to "Showa Showcase" gimmick that the old riders had in CHF/SCH, aside from the obvious stat buff when the emblem is fully lit, you will get freeze frame closeups of Tokugawa's badass mug at the end of certain attacks, if you played Sengoku Basara 4 as Azai Nagamasa, you would probably notice a somewhat similar feature too.

several attacks would also "freeze" the enemy in place until Tokugawa sheathes his sword, afterwards the damage will register, just like what you see in the OOO movie/his TV show

-Special Rush can perform the Flame Dragon special, something that BW1 All Dragon cannot do(it can only do Water, Hurricane, and Land specials while in All Dragon form, Flame special is only available in base form), and it seems to be able to do BW1 All Dragon's super move(the combo that circles the enemy while flying) as a normal special that you can followup with normal air attacks afterwards

-Skull and NEW Den O are confirmed to be returning, hopefully not just as an assist

Last edited:
Lurker
-Special Rush can perform the Flame Dragon special, something that BW1 All Dragon cannot do(it can only do Water, Hurricane, and Land specials while in All Dragon form, Flame special is only available in base form)

Actually, All Dragon in BW could do Flame Dragon Special. It was ending of his regular combo string though and not a special attack.

Lurker
Actually, All Dragon in BW could do Flame Dragon Special. It was ending of his regular combo string though and not a special attack.

it also does it at the end of it's super attack but i don't think that counts either

Don't forget Decade, although the only visible change is on the cards in his chest, if you power up complete form, all of the cards in his chest will change into ultimate forms, and the one is the center is Rising Ultimate

What I mean by Super form is the form that you achieved after doing super finishing attack (R2). In the previous game only Den-O have two of those form (Liner and Climax). I wonder if they're going to make us choose the form before the stage or have it activate under special circumstance like Den-O. For Decade, Strongest Complete look like to be only a powered-up palette swap with Kuuga and Den-O finisher changed. Super Climax is also said to be regular Climax with added mobility and new special.

Last edited:
Will there be any more movie villains added? I think we still need G Den-O, Poseidon and Negataros.

Lurker
What I mean by Super form is the form that you achieved after doing super finishing attack (R2). In the previous game only Den-O have two of those form (Liner and Climax)

liner is just a normal form, you don't access him by pressing R2, you can manually transform into it when you have high level, in low levels you just need to kill all 4 of your forms to access it, it has a different R2 when you're in that form, but that's it, there's nothing "super" about it.

what the BW2 offers is "beyond super", meaning after you already activated R2 you can still transform to an even more powerful form.

Will there be any more movie villains added? I think we still need G Den-O, Poseidon and Negataros.
Poseidon would be great, but it'll be weird if Aqua is not also in, plus they need the big bad first(galaxy king) which is still not added

Nega Den O(not Taros, the imagin never really fought anyways), would be simple enough to be added if Green River is available, the moveset and character model are already there

Last edited:
liner is just a normal form, you don't access him by pressing R2, you can manually transform into it when you have high level, in low levels you just need to kill all 4 of your forms to access it, it has a different R2 when you're in that form, but that's it, there's nothing "super" about it.

what the BW2 offers is "beyond super", meaning after you already activated R2 you can still transform to an even more powerful form.

But still, Liner have its own finishing move and you'll achieve its power-up state after you use it.

What I'm saying is, the staff pretty much divide the previous game super form as Strongest (Saikyou) while the new powered-up one as Ultimate (Kyuukyouku).

Wizard is seem to able to go both All Dragon and Infinity as his Strongest form and both have its own Ultimate form. In one of the article talking about Fourze, Rocket States is shown with a finishing cut-in just like other Strongest forms, meaning he have both Cosmic and Rocket as his Strongest form, both also have its own Ultimate like Wizard.

Really, rather than those guys, I think it's better to complete the current movie villain first. We still don't know if Orga or Kabuki is in the game. We can also hear Nago's line during the trailer, and I think that line was used against Rey, not sure if he's in though.

Lurker
I'm honestly a bit confused about the whole double ultimate. If it's really just another level of upgrade, than it feels kinda pointless. Ultimate forms, unless assisted by some sort of item, don't last long enough to merit another step of transformation.

We still have a month before the game comes out. I think they could thrown in a few more villains. With Negataros, you can team up with Kiva against him in the story mode.