S

scikaiju

Episode 8 had an interesting twist were the one killing humans was an actual human. And while Haruka, and Nozomi for obvious reasons, wanted to go beast mode on him, Jim the rest of the squad drawing the line at only killing Amazons, kinda wish they went a little longer with this particular episode to explore that a little more. Although I'm pretty sure Nozomi got the last hit in so I guess it's good for now. Although I do think Haruka's sister is going to be really disappointed when they do meet back up.

Episodes 9, I like the concept of the Cannibal restaurant for the Amazons who are trying to not awaken. Disgusting, especially in the one scene you can see the poor bastards head in the background while the chef is grinding up the rest of him, but an interesting concept. But it does make Haruka's proclamation of "He'll protect who he want to protect" seem really naive at this point. Especially since he wanted let the ones eating the cooked people go because they haven't awaken, despite the fact they were eating people. But on a side note it is nice to see how close Haruka and the rest of the team are becoming, especially the scene where they're having some fun at Nozomi's expense. On a side note, her face was still a litlle scratched up from the previous episode, so bonus points for the continuity tough there

As for the new Sigma, I'm going to have to go back and see because I can;t remember if he was the one who ended up being an Amazon or the one who was being eaten by him in those early episodes because I can't remember.

Shining~
I'm annoyed they didn't show what happened to the human killer in episode 8. Even if the main characters "aren't heroes", is it that hard to show a scene of a TV showing news that the police caught the guy due to their investigation? He's still a bad guy, even if he's human.

But looking at episode 9, it seems the current story's intention is indeed something like blurring the line and judgement between good and bad.

Also, I really like the drone they used in episode 9. But that's not gas, that's liquid :sweat:

Last edited:
Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
The blurry line with haruka's motivation seems awful enough to me
The correct way to do that is in eps 8, not to righteous kill our own species even if it's guilty as hell
But for haruka to hesitate kill amazon even if it's not awakened yet ? That's far far too naive man
Eating and killing by a monster like that is enough reason for us to stand up and fight against them

I thought haruka might be one of the guys that, even his origin was from the monster race, he is vowed to protect those who are in the struggling side, human
To think that haruka seems to writte by the kobayashi to want amazon and humans could coexist together, almost makes me baffled
In this kind of series where there is no child allowed to watch freely, i think the "coexisting together" theme should not be used anymore..

Lurker
Am I supposed to buy Haruka questioning killing unawakened amazons? It's pretty F-ed up that the show is trying justify the amazons killing humans and eating and go on their merry way, however, they seem to conveniently gloss over the fact that they're depriving the lives of the humans. If Jin was here, he'd kick Hakura's ass.

I hate this type of storytelling.... I think the idea of creatures and humans co-existing sounds neat, but I never buy killing one side as a justified ends. It's also why I hate Kabuto so much.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
To think that haruka seems to writte by the kobayashi to want amazon and humans could coexist together, almost makes me baffled
In this kind of series where there is no child allowed to watch freely, i think the "coexisting together" theme should not be used anymore..

As opposed to Drive which killed off all the Roidmudes, INCLUDING the good ones, so the heroes could have a happy ending? If "kids'" Kamen Rider can do this, I don't see why Amazon shouldn't use the idea of everyone co-existing. Especially if it's done well. We never seem to get a show that ends with two different species actually having to co-exist and letting us see the consequences

^how can you say "to see the consequences" ?
Of course there is absolute casualties over it
Sooner or later the amazons gonna eat human, and there is not a cure for it if 2 years have passed, except finding a way like eating eggs for jin

All in all, what makes this wrong is why show any compassion to the monsters that's is not evil at a first look, but afterall just ended up feeding on man ??
Why not just make it purely evil? The only thing that is need to blurred that HUMAN too can be such evil? That's what jin did better and make his point really standout in the entire arc
That's also shown a way for a normal human to beat those monsters when others couldn't, be the monster itself to go out in their levels
He becoming them because to cleared up his own mess and to protect others, that is what kamen rider is
While haruka's resolve is....so badly mixed up for a kamen rider protagonists

Lurker
Let's be glad it's not like Kabuto, where the only person that seems to get that it's monsters are irredeemable is the protagonist (at least, all but one...).

Anyways, I won't count Amazons out yet. After all, it's not finished. If it ends up in a situation that hammers amazons killing humans as a justified thing, however, then I'm not gonna watch season 2 until they fix it.

I haven't seen episode nine yet so maybe this changes, but I didn't really understand Jin's rant at the end of episode eight. Haruka told him in episode six (when he was in the cage and his mother was there) that he would protect the innocent and punish the evil, whether they were human or Amazon. His actions in episode eight are consistant with that, yet Jin stops him and chews him out for having not drawn a line. What?
I'm annoyed they didn't show what happened to the human killer in episode 8. Even if the main characters "aren't heroes", is it that hard to show a scene of a TV showing news that the police caught the guy due to their investigation? He's still a bad guy, even if he's human.
He moved to Zawame city and opened a fruit bar. :laugh:

To punish, not kill. Of course jin would've have stopped haruka coz he's on a hellbent to kill bandou-san..at least it seems like that to me
It's killing human, why does it so hard for anyone to understand that it's unforgivable? When you do that, you're already irredeemable
It's different from killing monsters, or aliens

Lurker
I just watched Amazons 11 recently. Although they finally killed Amazon Sigma off, I have a bad feeling that Mamoru will turn against its human comrades cuz I can see him as a reverse Mole Beastman to begin with.