S

scikaiju

An interesting first episode. Thought the idea of all the creatures are basically labeled as "Amazons", right down to the, granted more high tech looking, arm band, gives the series a unique hook. While we got a bit more of a look at the person who's the more primal I guess you could say of the two riders I do wish we learned a little more about the the other Rider, outside of he's listening into the "exterminators" comm signal, raises chickens and eats raw eggs. Also kind of wish we learned a little more about the organizations hunting down the "bugs", like how they have one seemingly in control of himself. But it's still the first episode and they're obviously doing some world building in these early episodes so hopefully we'll learn more as it goes along.

Now a question for you guys., as far as the talk back is concerned, Do you think we should keep it in one thread or do it by episode.

I think one thread is good. It's not going to be that long.

I love the look of this series. Rider always has great cinematography, but it uses cheap digital film stock, if that's a thing (probably, that's limited post-processing). The action was incredibly well choreographer, the suits all moved wonderfully and the suit acting was generally quite great. The acting was much better than I expected, the mystery is fully there in a way Ghost never managed, and the story seems terrifically interesting (though a little small). I'm totally blown away by this series. Even the CGI looked great!

The only complaint i have at all is in the kaijin suits and their interaction. They were better, but they were still a bit like normal KR monsters, which took away the threat a little. Overall, 9.5/10 for the first episode.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
This felt very early Heisei in tone. Lots of mystery, lots of intrigue and shadowy organisation and lots of ponderous silence. Still interesting and I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
This felt very early Heisei in tone. Lots of mystery, lots of intrigue and shadowy organisation and lots of ponderous silence. Still interesting and I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

It's definitely early Heisei...........the fact that Shirakura is the head producer again WITHOUT being bounded by the "children demographic limitations," this guy is letting loose everything he has wanted to do in the Kamen Rider tv series along with Kobayashi as the head writer.

Besides his disaster of crossover movies and events, Shirakura is at his best when he is NOT bounded by creating material strictly for the children demographic unfortunately.

It's definitely early Heisei...........the fact that Shirakura is the head producer again WITHOUT being bounded by the "children demographic limitations," this guy is letting loose everything he has wanted to do in the Kamen Rider tv series along with Kobayashi as the head writer.

Besides his disaster of crossover movies and events, Shirakura is at his best when he is NOT bounded by creating material strictly for the children demographic unfortunately.

Yeah, like Kamen Rider The First and Kamen Rider The Next...

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Yeah, like Kamen Rider The First and Kamen Rider The Next...

The First wasn't bad... if you forget that terrible romantic subplot, but that's the demand of ANOTHER demographic: young single female who go to movies alone...it's a big demographic for movie theatres in Japan.

Heroes are forever
Indeed, it had a very early Heisei feel to it. I am glad this kind of tone has been continued after only 3 movies of it. Seriously hoping this is a catalyst for more series of this kind in the future. Not necessarily talking about "darker" tones or anything, but just other series running while the main Sunday morning show is also running.
Personally, I'm hoping for a sequel of Shin starring his son. After all, the movie is called "Prologue", and it would give a whole new meaning to it. Plus, his son would currently be in his 20's, which is a standard for many Riders.

Apart from that, I am still not sure how to take this series. It's exciting and something I had wanted to see for a while, but other than the pun, I don't see why it had to be Amazon. Igadevil on Twitter mentioned something about UltraSeven X revealing its connection to the original only until the end. Since I haven't seen it, I can't say anything about it, but we'll have to wait and see. There's still 11 40-minute (!) episodes left.

D

Dr Kain

So what is this? Is this a sequel to the original series? Why Amazon? Is this a movie?