Details of Amazons series two have been released.

[video=youtube;imHNePLPpRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imHNePLPpRU[/video]

[HIDE] C6RwRTdUoAA_8E6.jpg

170307_amazons_pc_01.jpg

amazonss22.jpg

amazonss2.jpg

170307_amazons_pc_02.jpg[/HIDE]​

The second series begins on April 7th on Amazon Prime Japan and will run weekly for 13 episodes.

Series two takes place five years after the first. While most of the original cast seem to be returning, this story will be told from the viewpoint of two new characters - a young man called Chihiro and a girl called Iyu. Chihiro was raised by Amazons and will become the blue Kamen Rider Amazon Neo. Iyu was killed by Amazons but is revived as the Crow Amazon as part of a plan to make her into an anti-Amazons biological weapon.

Both Chihiro and Misuzawa (series one's Kamen Rider Omega) will both use the new Neo Amazons Driver in order to transform. Jin will continue to use only his original Driver.

The new opening theme is called 'DIE SET DOWN', a play on the Showa Amazon's finishing move 'dai setsudan' (giant slice).

Looks interesting. I'll be watching Season 1 at long last soon. Hopefully I can start enjoying Rider again.

R

raden238

I wasn't expecting our main characters from season 1 to be taking a backseat to new characters. Not a big fan of the Neo Amazon Driver belt, it looks like a super sentai henshin-wrist changer. The season 1 belt looks cooler in comparison. Amazon Neo's suit is great but the mechanical armored look for Amazon Omega just doesn't match as well.

I don't know, I kind of like the "injection" mechanism of this belt. It looks sleek as well.

Hmm I can't help feeling that the organic Amazon look has been lost here.

C7izNEhVYAEd6gP.jpg:small

Only the Wild forms had an organic look, really. Omega Evolution was a bit too shiny and metallic. This look seems like they've given him cyborg implants.