Lurker
I remember one rumor before Gaim's premiere: Kamen Rider Beat. The main rider was a ghost and only can henshin when he possessed someone.

I guess the Fashion rumors can finally be put to rest now.

Not necessarily, I mean, gaim was story-wise based on sengoku era samurai stuff and the core theme of growing up, Visually based off eastern and western suits of armor made of fruit, and also had dancing as a main activity or the characters as well as some naming conventions from norse mythology. Fourze was about school, space, and friends, Kiva was about vampires, violins, parents, and children, I'm sure theres some other really obvious examples, but drive being ghost themed doesn't necessarily count out a street-fashion component, though it does deem far fetched... Sengoku era dancing fruit samurai...

Anyways... I'm guardedly optimistic about Kamen Rider ghost, I'm too far behind on drive to say how well its going, but I'm enjoying it so far, at like episode 18, and Gaim may have been my favorite series so far, with fourze being the only notable misstep in my opinion, as of recent, not that i hated it even, i just felt like it was badly paced and didn't finish well, i loved the characters and aesthetic. Wizard had its missteps like any series, but overall I reeally liked it, and the remaining neo-heisei era shows basically make up the rest of my top list. Hopefully its another good year for Kamen Rider!

"3, 2, 1, time out."
Not necessarily, I mean, gaim was story-wise based on sengoku era samurai stuff and the core theme of growing up, Visually based off eastern and western suits of armor made of fruit, and also had dancing as a main activity or the characters as well as some naming conventions from norse mythology. Fourze was about school, space, and friends, Kiva was about vampires, violins, parents, and children, I'm sure theres some other really obvious examples, but drive being ghost themed doesn't necessarily count out a street-fashion component, though it does deem far fetched... Sengoku era dancing fruit samurai..

If we assume that the fashion theme is still part of the show, perhaps clothing in some way ties into Ghost's mechanics; maybe special clothing is required to for him to transform, such as how in some of the Sentai shows (such as Timeranger and Ninninger) they remove their civilian cloths to reveal special clothing before transforming.

Another possibility is that the villains of the show are attracted to those who dress well or ware expensive cloths, sort of like how the Greed in OOO's were attracted to human desire. Maybe vanity is another part of the theme.

Last edited:
A lot of the fashion rumours seemed linked to the idea that instead of the "tight" armour Riders typically wear the new Rider has a flowing, baggy suit that someone compared to "street" clothes. I wonder if it's closer to the truth to say that Kamen Rider Ghost wears some kind of flowing robes? Maybe more of a White Wizard kinda thing?

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
then who's gonna be the series head writer huh ???
maybe it's time junko komura to be back..or it can be kobayashi, right !? :eyebrow:

eitherway, i'm really really excited for this series
it could be dark or at least consistently raising the stake and the tension, just like gaim and drive

and i like that the titular rider's name is very straightforward :laugh: