Wait a minute Ghost? As in a "Ghost Rider?" Is Marvel aware of this **** that Toei is pulling?

I don't see why they should be aware. Sure it happens to be "K Rider Ghost", but it's not like Marvel could do something about it. Now, it could also be like Drive, as in paying homage to Ghost Rider, or just having a ghost-theme. It's pretty much about what the story is, which I hope doesn't copy Ghost Rider (haven't seen the series, but still wouldn't like copying at this extend).

Shyni
If the name really was too similar I doubt it would have been approved by the trademark office.

Last edited:
So this is legit trademark legit? If so then I'm hype up now. Maybe it can have me go back to watching Rider shows weekly again :)!

"3, 2, 1, time out."
So what is this most likely to be? a supernatural themed rider that uses ghost-like powers such as flight and phasing through objects; or a stealthy rider that relies on shadows, hiding, and other stealth tactics.

Seeing as we've just had a technological rider (Drive), a supernatural theme seems more likely to me, but its possible that if this is more a stealthy-ghost that uses technology such as gadgets to enhance his stealth capabilities.

If this is a supernatural rider, I'm hoping for minimal use of cheesy ghost/monster humour, such as that seen in Saban's Big Bad Beetle Borgs. Perhaps it could focus more on the death/afterlife aspect of ghosts.

Another possibility is that Kamen Rider Ghost is effectively Kamen Rider Ghost-buster, using magic-empowered technology to defeat ghostly villains, but given that "Ghost" is in his name, the supernatural ghostly powers seem more likely.

I could see Ghost fighting against past monsters, if it's going to be a supernatural theme.

Shyni
Another possibility is that Kamen Rider Ghost is effectively Kamen Rider Ghost-buster, using magic-empowered technology to defeat ghostly villains, but given that "Ghost" is in his name, the supernatural ghostly powers seem more likely.

Considering that Riders tend to have powers related to their enemies, he could be both.

They could do a Yu Yu Hakusho style show where the main hero dies before he becomes a rider and gets a belt after his death. After he becomes a Kamen Rider, he finds out that he ends up working as a ghost detective projecting the Earth from Makai (a world of evil spirits). However Drive was already a detective, so I can't see that happening. I think a Danny Phantom style show would end up working better.

"3, 2, 1, time out."
As far as the collectable gimmick goes, something like talismans, figurines (something like voodoo dolls, although this may be too similar to Gokaiger's keys), or maybe even miniature multicoloured skulls that light up when inserted into the henshin device. With the supernatural theme, they have a lot to choose from.

As far as the belt itself goes, I'm thinking that it will be similar to the WizarDriver: a technological-looking device that is in fact magical.