I'm getting a Kill La Kill vibe to this...

Then again...Trigger did do the Gridman short....

There's many "themes" to a Kamen Rider nowadays. Not all of them relate to the Henshin device. Gaim had a breakdancing with fruit theme, W had a detective theme paying homage to Barom One (or the Wonder Twins), Fourze had a high school theme utilizing Outer Space and Elton John's "Rocket Man" .

*FIXED*

Maybe the Rider could be based on a silk worm/moth, spider, caterpillar/butterfly, etc? Like insects that use some sort of thread in a capacity. I could imagine a caterpillar based form could be used for defence (cocoon) with a butterfly-based final attack.

The collectibles could be based on these insects' eggs. A tiny baby insect could be inside the egg. The egg could light up, have individual sounds related to those insects, etc.

*le gasp* Making a Rider that is actually having an insect motif like Sensei Ishinomori's way of doing Riders, and having an interesting, never-done before gimmick?? Preposterous! Kids don't like that!! They want more ridiculous toys and collectibles!! That's what the chart said!

R

raden238

Maybe the Rider could be based on a silk worm/moth, spider, caterpillar/butterfly, etc? Like insects that use some sort of thread in a capacity. I could imagine a caterpillar based form could be used for defence (cocoon) with a butterfly-based final attack.

The collectibles could be based on these insects' eggs. A tiny baby insect could be inside the egg. The egg could light up, have individual sounds related to those insects, etc.

Kabuto already did something similar to that with his forms. The insect egg thing is pretty cool. It would be nice to have a full on Insect Kamen Rider.

Sill watching Kamen Rider Drive, hope the new Kamen Rider is awesome like Drive.

Hmm, tbh fashion sounds more like a PreCure thing than a Rider thing. I mean, Wizard had to make the rings big blocky grey things so that they wouldn't seem too feminine.

I'm not buying the whole fashion rumor since I don't think you can sell toys for kids from 4 - 13 (the main target audience to the series). Not to mention I doubt it's Toei's answer to Kill la Kill since that show ended in Japan a while ago and it's a show made for the 15+ age group. I do feel like that they should do another cyborg them rider for 2015/2016 since the 45th anniversary is very soon.

Eh, after they sold fruits to boys, I wouldn't put fashion past them.

Regarding anniversary, it could be like Gaim, which had the appearance in the Wizard special and that's it, although this time any special probably would be next year, since it's where the anniversary falls.

I wonder if Toei will get someone new as a writer? I think Chiaki J. Konaka (Digimon Tamers, Ultraman Gaia) would be a cool choice to write a Rider show.

It's not like fashion is exclusively of interest to women. Men's fashion is very much a thing.
Hell, there's an entire Rider fashion section available.

I doubt this'll actually be the next Rider theme, since the first rumors rarely ever pan out, but it'd be rad as hell to see how they tweak all of the powers and weapons and monsters. Ties in really easily for marketing and merch, too,