If kids didn't like the show then they won't have bought the toys and other merchandise for the show. I highly doubt the only people who bought Gaim stuff was the older fans and western fans importing the stuff overseas.

But you're assuming that it's the kids who bought them. I'm inclined to believe it's the older and western fans considering how Gaim was overhyped by these same people.

The western Rider fandom is too niche, so I doubt it.

But you're assuming that it's the kids who bought them.

Kids are the main target audience for Kamen Rider. Why do you think that these shows get made? To sell toys to kids.

Last edited:
Toku Prince
Kids are the main target audience for Kamen Rider. Why do you think that these shows get made? To sell toys to kids.

Kids don't always watch every single episode of a TV show though. I know that when I was younger I would watch a few episodes and miss a few but I would always want the toys when I saw them in stores. The word of mouth network with kids is also really strong.

You also have to take into account that Gaim may have sold out of toys but they also didn't put in a lot of stock in the first place.

You also have to take into account that Gaim may have sold out of toys but they also didn't put in a lot of stock in the first place.

Gaim did better than Wizard and W, but worse than OOO and Fourze according to Bandai's financial reports. The main issue is that there was a huge drop with the 2nd quarter (Genesis Drive). Anyway, it still seems to have sold merchandising and discs well enough to get these Gaiden specials. I guess they went back to the old formula for another attempt at getting to OOO/Fourze's level, but considering how Drive is doing significantly worse than even Wizard in merchandising, we'll probably see the next Rider show going for something different.

If the next rider is made for the 45th anniversary of the franchise then won't they go back to the old school bug look for the main rider? Fourze is the last rider that we had with bug eyes.

Not exactly. Of the Gaim Riders, only Kurokage lacked compound eyes or a bug face. Beast had them, Chase has them in both Machine and Chaser forms. The Drive eyes aren't exactly compound, but the masks are bug shaped. Same goes for Mach.

I was talking about the main riders, not secondary and extra riders.

This may add some credibility to the “summer movie cameo returns†rumour. As you know, Kamen Rider Drive’s movie toy catalogue has leaked online. In addition to Drive’s revealed movie toys, there’s a box with a question mark that says “Special Itemâ€. This same box has appeared in both OOO and Fourze’s movie toy catalogues.

The “Special Item†for OOO’s summer movie toy set was Kamen Rider Fourze’s Magic Hand Switch. Similarly, the “Special Item†for Fourze’s summer movie toys was Kamen Rider Wizard’s Big Ring. Both of these Kamen Riders made their debuts in a cameo during the current Kamen Rider’s summer movie.

Could this “Special Item†in Drive’s catalogue be the collectible gimmick for the 2015 Kamen Rider? This could mean that the 2015 Kamen Rider will have a cameo role in Kamen Rider Drive: Surprise Future as the rumour states

Come to think of it, it is possible

Gaim did better than Wizard and W, but worse than OOO and Fourze according to Bandai's financial reports. The main issue is that there was a huge drop with the 2nd quarter (Genesis Drive). Anyway, it still seems to have sold merchandising and discs well enough to get these Gaiden specials. I guess they went back to the old formula for another attempt at getting to OOO/Fourze's level, but considering how Drive is doing significantly worse than even Wizard in merchandising, we'll probably see the next Rider show going for something different.

Yeah, and sales for Gaim Gaiden were surprisingly great.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-april-20-26/.87604

Since those specials were definitely made with adults in mind, I think that kind of confirms that Gaim's main audience was older.

Toku Prince

I'm so popular. People are actually sourcing me now. :')

Anyways! More fashion rumours from ◆FIqyFr3nB.

"This time the collectibles are buttons. To transform, a button is put into the belt and a curtain ‘aura’ wraps around (tl note: like a dressing room curtain). The base weapon is a clothes hanger-like bow and arrow."

Really starting to dislike these fashion rumours.