Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

Oh hey, Yamamoto Ryosuke, who was in the rumours, is also part of the cast.(the one wearing blue/black)
The others are Oosawa Hikaru(the girl with short hair), Isomura Hayato(the one wearing a scarf), Yanagi Takayuki(the monk), Takenaka Naoto(the old man in gaudy outfit)

OP song will be by Kishidan(氣志團) (the group standing with Nishime in the last photo)

Edit: the tv-asahi page has updated with the characters
Tenkuuji Takeru/KR Ghost - Nishime Shun
Tsukimura Akari - Oosawa Hikaru
Fukami Makoto/KR Spectre - Yamamoto Ryosuke
Onari - Yanagi Takayuki
Mysterious man - Morishita Yoshiyuki
Alan(or Aran?) - Isomura Hayato
Sennin - Takenaka Naoto

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Spectre looks like a barrel of laughs doesn't he? Meanwhile we have Sagara's son and Shunpei's equally colour-blind grandpa

Cast is both small and has only one woman, not looking good so far

Toku Prince
Reo Kansyuji will play a character named Narita. Takuya Mizoguchi will play an undisclosed role.

Character bios:

Takeru Tenkuuji/Kamen Rider Ghost (Shun Nishime)
The hero of the story who transforms into Kamen Rider Ghost. The heir to the Tenkuuji Temple. His father was a Ghost Hunter named Ryu who died 10 years ago. Takeru is bright, carefree, and reckless youth who will not go against his beliefs.

Takeru was murdered while by a Ganma summoned by Onari while protecting his childhood friend Akari. He was resurrected as a ghost by a mysterious hermit and given the power to fight as Kamen Rider Ghost. However, he only has 99 days before he disappears.

In order to revive himself, he must collect the 15 Ghost Eyecons within 99 days. Takeru won’t forgive anyone who treats life lightly. His catchphrase is “my life is burningâ€(?). Following the same road as his father, Takeru aims to confront his destiny as a Ghost Hunter.

Akari Tsukimura (Hikaru Osawa)
The main heroine. Takeru’s childhood friend, she’s cares for Takeru as if he were her own brother. Believing that there’s a scientific explanation for everything, Akari attends university where she majors in physics. This “cute girl science major†helps Takeru with his ghost hunting while also trying to “bend†his own beliefs about the paranormal.

Makoto Fukami/Kamen Rider Spectre (Ryosuke Yamamoto)
Another Rider that transforms with a Ghost Driver. He’s collecting the Ghost Eyecons for an unknown reason. The opposite of Takeru, Makoto is cool and rational. An expert in combat, he’ll be Takeru’s strongest rival.

Onari (Takayuki Yanagi)
The head priest of the Tenkuuji Temple. Out of respect for Ryu, he’s watching over Takeru as he grows as a Ghost Hunter. As a spirit theorist, Onari doesn’t get along with Akari. Even though he’s quite serious, Onari usually ends up being responsible for setting the mood/atmosphere.

Mysterious Man (Morishita Yoshiyuki)
The mysterious man that has been summoning the Ganma. Like Takeru and Makoto, he is also collecting the Ghost Eyecons. The reason for this isn’t known. He’s also one of the few people to know the Ghost Eyecons’ secret.

Alan (Hayato Isomura)
Collecting the Ghost Eyecons with the Mysterious Man, Allan seems to be his subordinate but his history is shrouded in mystery.

Sennin (Naoto Takenaka)
The man who revived Takeru, prefers to be called “Uncleâ€. Knowing that Takeru possesses a Ghost Eyecon, he teaches him to “fight against destriny†and grants him the power to fight as Kamen Rider Ghost. A seemingly innocent man, Sennin seems to know everything but usually ends up conveniently disappearing at the worst times.

^Some of it seems different from what I read?
Takeru lost his life while protecting Akari and Onari from a Ganma which suddenly appeared.

Alan is not the subordinate of the Mysterious man, but seems to be on equal terms with him

Toku Prince
^Some of it seems different from what I read?
Takeru lost his life while protecting Akari and Onari from a Ganma which suddenly appeared.

Alan is not the subordinate of the Mysterious man, but seems to be on equal terms with him

Ah, shoot! I forgot to edit that part before I posted it. Arghhh!!! I also wasn't clear on Alan's role either. Thank you for pointing these out!

Why is a character called Alan? People named Alan are like Norm from the Twix ads. It's not a very exciting name for a Kamen Rider character (I apologise to any Alans on this board, but it's true)

"Training."
So Spectre will be there at the start of the show?

This reminds me of Ryuki or Gaim where different parties fight each other for a prize.

... and Onari is supposed to be one of the good guys?!

I'm guessing a summoning ritual gone wrong.

This is actually a very nice cast. Naoto Takenaka is a very likable actor with some great comedic timing, I'm glad to see he's going to be an integral part of the show. I've seen Yoshiyuki Morishita in quite a bit (he's even had bit parts in Hollywood movies that take place in Japan like Kill Bill and The Grudge), but I don't remember any of his characters particularly well. Still, two people out of the main cast that I actually recognize has to be a record for me.

Calling it now before anyone else does, Alan will be the third Kamen Rider.

And I think I already have a crush on Hikaru Ozawa. Hopefully the show treats her character trying to become a physicist with respect, although the line "cute girl science major" doesn't raise my hopes.

TaintedSeraph said:
His catchphrase is “my life is burning”(?).

Oh Christ, do we REALLY need another "burning" catchphrase this year? It doesn't work in Ninninger no matter how hard they try, I have no reason to believe it will work here.

Calling it now before anyone else does, Alan will be the third Kamen Rider

Alan is not the name of a Kamen Rider. It is the name of an accountant. Whose co-workers hate him, and flush his sales reports down the toilet.

(Also they tend to like introducing new characters as Riders, and our secondary Rider is someone that's already in the cast, so ...)

And I think I already have a crush on Hikaru Ozawa. Hopefully the show treats her character trying to become a physicist with respect, although the line "cute girl science major" doesn't raise my hopes.

Yeahhhh it reminds me of how Drive's promo material described Kiriko as "beautiful but strict police officer" and of course she defaults to Hero's Love Interest and Damsel In Distress When We Want To Promote The Movies