Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

The "boo, I want a manly looking actor to play the protagonist!" that we have every single year gets so tiring, especially when we've had that circlejerk in the past about actors everyone immediately changed their mind on the moment they saw them in action (remember how furious people were at how "girly" Suda Masaki looked? And how that anger immediately died off after the first episode of W?).

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
The "boo, I want a manly looking actor to play the protagonist!" that we have every single year gets so tiring, especially when we've had that circlejerk in the past about actors everyone immediately changed their mind on the moment they saw them in action (remember how furious people were at how "girly" Suda Masaki looked? And how that anger immediately died off after the first episode of W?).

Yup. Now we hate Suda because he's an ass.

I liked him when he wasn't a god

Just a year ago people were saying how great it was that Takeuchi has short hair and wasn't "pretty" like the actors of Kouta and Haruto ... Now Takeuchi's too pretty, too?

(They were also saying how great it was that a lot of Drive's supporting cast is older men instead of those awful ikemen in Gaim - then the casting of Heart, Brain, Chase, and Gou was announced. Hahahahahahahahahaha)

Just a year ago people were saying how great it was that Takeuchi has short hair and wasn't "pretty" like the actors of Kouta and Haruto ... Now Takeuchi's too pretty, too?

(They were also saying how great it was that a lot of Drive's supporting cast is older men instead of those awful ikemen in Gaim - then the casting of Heart, Brain, Chase, and Gou was announced. Hahahahahahahahahaha)

We never really see anyone complaining that Kamen Rider's female cast is too young (within reason of course, I'm sure everyone here would raise an eyebrow if they were to cast, say, a preteen). Interesting, that. Men aged 19 - 25 are "too young" but women aged 19 - 25 are just fine? What's the logic here?

We never really see anyone complaining that Kamen Rider's female cast is too young (within reason of course, I'm sure everyone here would raise an eyebrow if they were to cast, say, a preteen). Interesting, that. Men aged 19 - 25 are "too young" but women aged 19 - 25 are just fine? What's the logic here?

Yeah, from W onwards all the female leads have been played by 15 to 18-year-old girls (with the exception of Kiriko, who's an experienced police officer and couldn't plausibly be cast as a teenager) and no one seems to have a problem with that?

Shining~

Funnily enough, we just had an episode where Shinnosuke is in casual clothing, and he's clearly manly, in terms of looks.

We never really see anyone complaining that Kamen Rider's female cast is too young (within reason of course, I'm sure everyone here would raise an eyebrow if they were to cast, say, a preteen).

Well it still depends on the character she is playing. Even if they cast a preteen, if said preteen plays the role of a little sister, I'm sure no one would raise an eyebrow.

Speaking of which, we don't have any Heisei rider yet who has a preteen little sister xD

Well it still depends on the character she is playing. Even if they cast a preteen, if said preteen plays the role of a little sister, I'm sure no one would raise an eyebrow.

Speaking of which, we don't have any Heisei rider yet who has a preteen little sister xD

Juka in Kabuto wasn't a teenager yet ...

Even if the hero had a pre-teen sister they still wouldn't make her the leading lady. The main female character has to be "marketable" just like the guys, meaning she's got to be at least in her mid-teens so she can be packaged and sold as an idol to adult viewers. Even when Den-O had to replace Hana with Kohana, the writing just shifted focus so that Airi became the most important female character instead.

He refuses to return to Rider because it's "too childish". When ironically the only roles he can get are childish anyway considering his looks.

I'm not really into having a flamewar about this of all topics but what I will say is if you find Tomogui or Ushijima the Loan Shark childish I fear for your children.