Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

As for what you said about "exceptions" about ryuki and gaim (especially balde) i still wish for a single rider show just once similar like some of the showa rider shows,black and even kuuga.

As we've all been trying to tell you for about 5 pages, There is no good reason to make a single rider show today, and, even if they did,t would be nothing like e examples you mentioned. There would be merchandising out the wazoo. The main character would be nothing like Godai, let alone Kotaro. he closest thing we've had to a showa rider in years is Chase.

Either way, I'm gonna stop replaying now, since you're obviously going to rebut with the exact same points again. By all means create a thread called "the merits of a single rider show", but please, stop filling the ghost thread with walls of text. he JUST got new pictures, and they're already getting buried.

R

raden238

Hes sporting bug eyes. We haven't had a main Rider with bug eyes since Fourze. The form changes are nice, default form looks much better than the illustration that first leaked. His Thomas Edison and Robin Hood Souls are cool. Reminds me of TheBee and YellowJacket. Robin Soul is like Green Arrow. The hoodie fashion blends in well.

EDIT: Upscaled & clearer version
[HIDE]
11540951_886140978107196_3710223296423955862_n.jpg
[/HIDE]
Am I the only one who feel he looks like Deadpool and Robin Soul looks like Green Arrow?
Yeah I looked at that picture and immediately thought of Deadpool. Not entirely sure it's anything but an accident though. As for Robin Soul looking like Green Arrow, well Green Arrow's costume is based on Robin Hood so...
I think you overestimate the age range of the primary target audience of Rider...The age range seems to me to be from kindergarten until near the end of elementary school.
The second target audience would be the parents of these kids, and the third would be older fans like us.
It was my understanding that it was Super Sentai which was targeted at the younger audience (kindergarten as you said), with Kamen Rider being target at the pre-teen to mid-teen age viewers.
Super Sentai starts picking kids up at about age three. Toei quite likes to promote the idea that you watch Sentai maybe three years at most before crossing over to Kamen Rider. It seems the average turnover rate for Rider viewers is four years, so for example there may be some kids watching Drive who remember Fourze but chances are all the kids who had been watching OOO have now moved onto other things. Of course it's an ongoing process, so when the first Super Hero Taisen came out there was a good chunk of the kids watching who had no idea who Decade was because he was already 'before their time'. From what I gather, a Japanese kid in middle school who admitted to watching Rider would probably get teased for still watching a "little kids" show. Certainly by the time they're out of elementary school they're no longer considered part of the target audience by Toei.

As we've all been trying to tell you for about 5 pages, There is no good reason to make a single rider show today, and, even if they did,t would be nothing like e examples you mentioned. There would be merchandising out the wazoo. The main character would be nothing like Godai, let alone Kotaro. The closest thing we've had to a showa rider in years is Chase.

Either way, I'm gonna stop replaying now, since you're obviously going to rebut with the exact same points again. By all means create a thread called "the merits of a single rider show", but please, stop filling the ghost thread with walls of text. he JUST got new pictures, and they're already getting buried.

Well i wish for a single rider series but we can all dream you know also i will try to make a seperate thread about the problems in the toei production franchise rider and sentai and how to improve it but that's another time.

Yeah I looked at that picture and immediately thought of Deadpool. Not entirely sure it's anything but an accident though. As for Robin Soul looking like Green Arrow, well Green Arrow's costume is based on Robin Hood so...

Super Sentai starts picking kids up at about age three. Toei quite likes to promote the idea that you watch Sentai maybe three years at most before crossing over to Kamen Rider. It seems the average turnover rate for Rider viewers is four years, so for example there may be some kids watching Drive who remember Fourze but chances are all the kids who had been watching OOO have now moved onto other things. Of course it's an ongoing process, so when the first Super Hero Taisen came out there was a good chunk of the kids watching who had no idea who Decade was because he was already 'before their time'. From what I gather, a Japanese kid in middle school who admitted to watching Rider would probably get teased for still watching a "little kids" show. Certainly by the time they're out of elementary school they're no longer considered part of the target audience by Toei.

Well as i say it before and i'll say it again super sentai and kamen rider will always be viewed for family audience by japan's standards.

Fresh batch of images:
[HIDE]
10425397_1104347522927527_1492901303570895771_n.jpg
"Ore Soul"

11760335_1104347532927526_812331980146760677_n.jpg
"Edison Soul" (probably)
(TheBee, anyone?)

10445610_1104347526260860_8156348166241897913_n.jpg

"Robin Ghost Eyecon" and "Robin Soul"

11232285_1104347556260857_5299328351072977522_n.jpg
[/HIDE]

Oh my lord. Robin soul. My favorite right now! Loving the eye shape and all the fringe detailing on the hoodie. I kinda want it as an actual hoodie, lol.

Also, it looks like there's a smartphone app going to be coming out or something? The very last image mentions being able to use the eyecons to access a special site, but then again I didn't read too closely. I know I likely won't be able to access it (or afford eyecons right now, hi student loans -.-) but I hope it's something more than just "COLLECT ALL THE THINGS AND SHOW OFF!" Maybe something like Dice-O? Or, wasn't there a Rider mobile game made a while back that was similar to Dice-O? Maybe it could tie in to that.

I liked him when he wasn't a god

Four years? That long? I would have thought it would be more like one or two ...

Lurker
Ghost's base form looks more like an Alien than ghost-themed, it should've been called Neil deGrasse Tyson Soul (kidding). But boy, are these forms well-designed, I honestly don't have any initial backlash when I saw Ghost like I have from other riders. His forms are not too "In your face" with his gimmick or theme like Drive or Gaim was to where I think you can easily adapt them to a non ghost-themed show, but I have to what and see with future forms to see if it stays true.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
It looks like a bloody rhino. That horn is the single worst design feature in the franchise :sweat:

Four years? That long? I would have thought it would be more like one or two ...
Well that's four years to get rid of all of them and it is just an estimate; I'm sure a good chunk probably do watch less than that.
It looks like a bloody rhino. That horn is the single worst design feature in the franchise :sweat:
Meh I kinda like it. It's like a kris blade. Then again, I liked OOO's Sai helmet and Kabuto's helmet.

Heroes are forever
If this is going to educate kids on World History then Tutankhamun is an awful choice.

The "travel the world" thing doesn't seem like it will continue for that long. I imagine it would be difficult budget-wise, and Takeru has only 99 days to collect the set and make his wish, which in story time will take us up to some time in January. After that there will have to be another plot development ...
I was thinking this wouldn't be in relation to "real world time" and we'd see 46-50 episodes that take place on the span of those 99 days. It does sound interesting when put that way. I can definitely see the date and time appearing on-screen as each episode ends.

Considering that the show's main character (the main Rider) is going to be technically dead, I wonder how dark Toei would be willing to go with this. I understand that Kamen Rider is a children's show (10 - 15 age range) so we probably can't expect to much. However, I'm hoping that the show does confront death and the emotions surrounding it; sorrow over one's own mortality, anger at not being alive any more, etc.

Kamen Rider Double Spoiler:

However, it's more likely that this will be Philip (Kamen Rider Double) situation where he comes back to life at the end and it turns into a happy-go-lucky search for all of the Eyecons.
Actually, if they go by the traditional Rider approach of "Forsake your humanity for justice and the protection of all", he'll probably stay dead.

What? Japan has been in and out of a recession for several years now. And Toei doesn't have "lots and lots of money". They have money, but they can't just not try to budget everything. They're a company, their bottom line matters. Besides, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are actually two of the most expensive shows they produce.
They surely have a lot of money to produce 5-6 films every year. I've always wondered what it would be like if they concentrated all of that on just releasing ONE Rider and ONE Sentai movie a year and see how they look thanks to that high budget. They certainly have more money now than they used to when they did do this approach.

I think you overestimate the age range of the primary target audience of Rider...The age range seems to me to be from kindergarten until near the end of elementary school.
The second target audience would be the parents of these kids, and the third would be older fans like us.

Makes you wonder how Faiz ever got the go-ahead. But yeah, these days at least, the darkest you could expect is about W level, which is plenty IMO. And of course the main rider is going survive he series. he's the man character, and I'm pretty sure he's contractually obligated to a movie wars appearance xD
Ah, but Faiz exists. And so does BLACK. And so does X. And so do many other Toku shows aimed at kids that would definitely fall under the "darker" category.
The fact that it's aimed at all ages (with the merchandise being the main aspect marketed for kids, not the story) does not mean it can't introduce something a bit more "mature".

Whenever someone asks for the next Rider show to be like this it tends to be misunderstood as: "I want the sequel to Shin Kamen Rider!" while the whole "Aimed at kids" fact is misunderstood as "Then this means every Toku show must be like Kabutack or Robotack, otherwise it's too mature for an innocent child to bear!"
It's really not like that on either side of the coin.

Ghost's base form looks more like an Alien than ghost-themed, it should've been called Neil deGrasse Tyson Soul (kidding). But boy, are these forms well-designed, I honestly don't have any initial backlash when I saw Ghost like I have from other riders. His forms are not too "In your face" with his gimmick or theme like Drive or Gaim was to where I think you can easily adapt them to a ghost-themed show, but I have to what and see with future forms to see if it stays true.
Carl Sagan soul.