Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

"3, 2, 1, time out."
Makes you wonder how Faiz ever got the go-ahead. But yeah, these days at least, the darkest you could expect is about W level, which is plenty IMO. And of course the main rider is going survive he series. he's the man character, and I'm pretty sure he's contractually obligated to a movie wars appearance xD

Yeah, it's pretty much a sure thing that in the end he will get his life back. I was just hoping that the show would tackle the more difficult parts of death in some way. Although, even if it doesn't, I'll probably still enjoy it.

Toku Prince
Go to sleep after waiting hours for scans. Scans get posted an hour later. :|

Edison's light bulb mask is more appealing than Ghost's normal mask lol.

It was my understanding that it was Super Sentai which was targeted at the younger audience (kindergarten as you said), with Kamen Rider being target at the pre-teen to mid-teen age viewers. I don't have any actual evidence for this, however; it was just something I picked up from watching various Super Sentai and Kamen Rider seasons (it always appeared, at least to me, that Kamen Rider had the more complex and darker narratives) and reading peoples thoughts about them forums such as Henshin Justice Unlimited.

Kamen rider is indeed targeted slightly older the sentai, but not by as much as you think. The upper range of rider's target audience is about 12. Though this has probably only been the case since around when den-o came out, because some of early hesei was seriously grim.

My reaction to Edison Soul

"Stop taunting me MCU Yellowjacket! I'm seeing your movie Tuesday!"

That said, I do like the Soul's we've seen so far.

What? Japan has been in and out of a recession for several years now. And Toei doesn't have "lots and lots of money". They have money, but they can't just not try to budget everything. They're a company, their bottom line matters. Besides, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai are actually two of the most expensive shows they produce.

now_he_tells_me.jpg

Now he tells me :(

Except that's exactly what they do. You don't seem to understand the concept of talent agencies. Like, at all. These actors get hired by talent agencies which then assign them plenty of work in stage plays or commercials or as small parts in TV shows and movies before they graduate to leading roles. KR and SS are great jumping-off points for a career. They're trials by fire due to the intense shooting schedule, you gain tons of fans over a year, and often the actors grow a huge passion for their roles. Sometimes they don't, but hey, that happens. Different strokes for different folks.

Hmmm I see why couldn't they just hire a young talented actors to play the role as a sentai or rider what's wrong with that? Heck sometimes nobodies who performed well in jdramas or plays (and work with the talent agencies) could be good enough to play as main heroes i think.

Yeah well, they're in the industry and you're not sooooo.....
So shouldn't they avoid it for a bit and find trained young actors?

Looks cool!
Robin Soul looks like it'd be a ranged weapon form. "Hello! Arrow! Let's meet in the forest!"

Of course duh robin hood

Fresh batch of images:
[HIDE]
10425397_1104347522927527_1492901303570895771_n.jpg
"Ore Soul"

11760335_1104347532927526_812331980146760677_n.jpg
"Edison Soul" (probably)
(TheBee, anyone?)

10445610_1104347526260860_8156348166241897913_n.jpg

"Robin Ghost Eyecon" and "Robin Soul"

11232285_1104347556260857_5299328351072977522_n.jpg
[/HIDE]

Their faces too shiny for a close up

The hoodie...is actually a hoodie and not a solid piece shaped like a hoodie (see White Wizard)?

Good point.

Makes you wonder how Faiz ever got the go-ahead. But yeah, these days at least, the darkest you could expect is about W level, which is plenty IMO. And of course the main rider is going survive he series. he's the man character, and I'm pretty sure he's contractually obligated to a movie wars appearance xD

Ahem anyone remember Ryuki.

It was my understanding that it was Super Sentai which was targeted at the younger audience (kindergarten as you said), with Kamen Rider being target at the pre-teen to mid-teen age viewers. I don't have any actual evidence for this, however; it was just something I picked up from watching various Super Sentai and Kamen Rider seasons (it always appeared, at least to me, that Kamen Rider had the more complex and darker narratives) and reading peoples thoughts about them forums such as Henshin Justice Unlimited.

Well either way both shows are aimed for a family audience.

Well either way both shows are aimed for a family audience.

"Family" is a very broad term, one that isn't used in demographics/market all that often. It can mean anything from a show that's the equivalent of jingling your keys to a show like Bruce Timm's Batman cartoon that was for all intents and purposes as dark as the comic but didn't spell it out for the kids that dark **** went down.

Ahem anyone remember Ryuki.

Repeat after me: Ryuki. was. years. ago

A better example would be Gaim, but at the end of the day, both are exceptions, rather than the rule. Something like doctor who is a kid-friendly family show. Rider, however, is just a kids' show. We are adults who happen to enjoy it, but it doesn't try to include us. The only thing separating it from something like power rangers is the fact that the Japanese have different standards on what they are willing to show to kids.

Are those electric rods(?) on Edison soul's hoodie? And yeah, the hoodies are really cool

@Kam
We're telling you that's exactly what Toei does!! They hold auditions every year! Rounds and rounds of auditions in order to find suitable young people for the roles.
All trained young actors belong to a talent management agency! If they're not, they join a contest/audition in order to get a contract with one. Every actor/comedian/model you see on Japanese tv/musicals/stageplays/magazines almost certainly belong to one. They get acting lessons and training, and then get opportunities to attend auditions for roles.

"Family" is a very broad term, one that isn't used in demographics/market all that often. It can mean anything from a show that's the equivalent of jingling your keys to a show like Bruce Timm's Batman cartoon that was for all intents and purposes as dark as the comic but didn't spell it out for the kids that dark **** went down.

Well i dont understand what that means but back in the nineties young kids and even older kids like batman the animated series same thing for kamen rider (and super sentai)

Repeat after me: Ryuki. was. years. ago

A better example would be Gaim, but at the end of the day, both are exceptions, rather than the rule. Something like doctor who is a kid-friendly family show. Rider, however, is just a kids' show. We are adults who happen to enjoy it, but it doesn't try to include us. The only thing separating it from something like power rangers is the fact that the Japanese have different standards on what they are willing to show to kids.

That is true especially the viewership of japan's standards but for me i think both kamen rider and super sentai are still kid friendly shows at least in japan's point of view .

As for what you said about "exceptions" about ryuki and gaim (especially balde) i still wish for a single rider show just once similar like some of the showa rider shows,black and even kuuga.That would be a good exception just once.

Last edited: