Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

Lurker
It's been awhile since I posted here, but man I am super hyped for Ghost and the fact that we're starting off with two Riders from the get-go gets me even more hyped!

MV Maker
It's been awhile since I posted here, but man I am super hyped for Ghost and the fact that we're starting off with two Riders from the get-go gets me even more hyped!

Welcome back. And ditto for the Ghost hype (now let's hope it doesn't suck).

Lurker
Welcome back. And ditto for the Ghost hype (now let's hope it doesn't suck).

Thanks! And I hope so too. The Eyecons and the Ghost Changes give me Gaim vibes with similarities to Lockseeds and Arms Changes from Gaim and that gets me even more hyped.

Toku Prince
Some rumours I posted on my blog. They were posted on Futaba on the 1st Ghost toy thread before it was deleted. The only one I'm unsure about is the Bat Clock one. I can't remember if it was Edison or Billy the Kid but the latter makes more sense.

The Ghost Gadgets are items that will help out the Kamen Riders in the series. Each Gadget has an object mode and an “animal†mode. They will be able to combine with Ghost’s GanGan Sabre and Spectre’s GanGan Hand depending on the Riders’ Soul (form).

Condor Phone + GanGan Sabre = Bow mode (for Ghost Robin Soul)
Bat Clock + GanGan Sabre = Gun mode (for Ghost Billy the Kid Soul)
Spider Lantern + GanGan Sabre = Hammer mode (for Ghost Benkei Soul)
Cobra Mobile + GanGan Hand = Sickle mode (for Spectre Tutankhamen Soul)

The GanGan Hand will come with the Spectre Ghost Eyecon. Cobra Mobile is Spectre’s personal Ghost Gadget while the rest belong to Ghost.

Some rumours I posted on my blog. They were posted on Futaba on the 1st Ghost toy thread before it was deleted. The only one I'm unsure about is the Bat Clock one. I can't remember if it was Edison or Billy the Kid but the latter makes more sense.

The Ghost Gadgets are sounding more and more like W's gadgets, and it's making me more and more excited. W's one of my favorite Riders, and I really like the little gadget-animal-things. If I could afford them, I'd have all the OOO candroids, lol.

MV Maker
^ So basically, they ARE the memory gadgets all over again (or whatever you prefer to call them). At least they're animals (which kinda work as spirits or something) not hot wheels cars.

I hope this means they get used more, like the candroids. I loved the memory gadgets, but they were hardly around.

Also, I was looking at the plot synopsis again and for some reason the idea popped into my head that this might be like a battle royale kinda thing. The whole 99 days to defeat the bad guys just seems to me like it could turn out to be like a tournament. Fight a monster, try to fight the next one but find out it's stronger/you can't defeat it without a certain form, go find the form...it could be interesting if this happens, but it could also {more likely} get really formulaic and boring.

MV Maker
Agreed. I'm fine with toy promos as long as there's a point to them, which some shows do better than others (say what you want about Kobayashi, she integrates toys well, while it's total pot luck whether Sanjo even tries).

The thing that really struck me about the premise was the whole "travelling the world" and "following in the footsteps of famous people" thing. It sounds very... Indiana Jones. Or maybe Gokaiger. I'm also slightly worried that they make this into some crappy educational show (yes, I know, the chances couldn't be slimmer, but you have to admit, the potential is there).

Agreed. I'm fine with toy promos as long as there's a point to them, which some shows do better than others (say what you want about Kobayashi, she integrates toys well, while it's total pot luck whether Sanjo even tries).

The thing that really struck me about the premise was the whole "travelling the world" and "following in the footsteps of famous people" thing. It sounds very... Indiana Jones. Or maybe Gokaiger. I'm also slightly worried that they make this into some crappy educational show (yes, I know, the chances couldn't be slimmer, but you have to admit, the potential is there).

I'd be up for a Where In The World Is Kamen Rider Sandiago. I liked that idea in Boukenger/Overdrive but neither really used it well.