Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle Talk Up

Ergo, they had the grounds to change historical facts while making references to it.

And isn't that what they did? They made a mock up of the whole war, without specifically dividing the lands in the way the lands during the Sengoku period was, gave each piece of land a lord, gave some lords (or actually, just one lord in this film) motivation to fight for - peace through unification and curbing social ills in Ieyasu's case -, actually have a war, actually unite the country/ curbing social ills. There, they did change historical facts, albeit not really historically, and made references, albeit also not directly. But what they did or did not do with regards to the actual Sengoku period doesn't matter; this wasn't supposed to be a historical documentary anyway..

Everyone was pretty miserable

The point of making the people seem miserable was to give the warlords, or rather, just Ieyasu, a motivation to fight.

we did not see much of the people outside of the armies.

Are you sure? Are you forgetting the part where Ranmaru made her speech to Kaito, and there were people praying for rain, food, etc.? THAT was a display of the people outside of the armies.

Especially considering all the bujin riders saying they want peace.

The Bujin riders did not want peace. The Bujin riders had NO personality in the film and therefore could not want peace, or have any other desires for that matter.

Plus, Wizard and Fourze's faction teamed up..... So..... WTF?

They formed an alliance, for each other's advantages, because they see benefits from working with someone who share the same ideologies. Why fight someone you can call a friend? Alliances work even in the modern day. So how is that a 'WTF' moment at all?

From what I can tell, you don't even know what you expect, or would like to see from the film. Everything you've stated you want to see, or do not understand the film, either has been explained to you, or is in the film. But... you probably turned a blind eye towards them. Heck, you might even be criticising this film not because you have a solid basis to, but rather simply because you want to. Yes, we noticed it when you said you have a poor opinion of the movie the first time you said it. You don't have to repeat it over and over again.

My best friend and I both watch the movie last Thursday. She enjoy it a lot despite not seeing Wizard and only two episodes of Gaim. She wanted to watch it badly because of the Rider lock seeds. I personally like to watch a good amount of a show before jumping into a Rider movie. I seen the movie at least twice which is enough for me.

Lurker
From what I can tell, you don't even know what you expect, or would like to see from the film. Everything you've stated you want to see, or do not understand the film, either has been explained to you, or is in the film. But... you probably turned a blind eye towards them. Heck, you might even be criticising this film not because you have a solid basis to, but rather simply because you want to. Yes, we noticed it when you said you have a poor opinion of the movie the first time you said it. You don't have to repeat it over and over again.

Well yeah, BECAUSE I HATED THE MOVIE. Though, I can see some points you've made. Though.... I don't know what you're talking about the first one.... That was in response to the fact that they doing their own thing. I do remember that people were in a crappy position..... That didn't stop it from me not giving a **** because it was mostly focused on Kouta and Micchi's side of the story. You're right, the Bujin Riders don't have much of a personality, therefore, no one would care about them and could've been cut from the movie entirely. I asked the whole "why couldn't anyone else made a peaceful alliance" because of the fact that only ****ing Fourze's and Wizard's faction was functional at that point. If all the bland riders wanted peace (at least that one guy who talked about that.....), why the hell were they fighting in the first place? I get that they MIGHT have a different philosophy, but again, the movie never talked about that..... Except maybe the lords, but the only one we're giving much time to is Ieyasu. So that was a waste of everyone's time... Hey, I won't pretend that I haven't been posting a million comments on how much this movie sucked.

Well yeah, BECAUSE I HATED THE MOVIE. Though, I can see some points you've made. Though.... I don't know what you're talking about the first one.... That was in response to the fact that they doing their own thing. I do remember that people were in a crappy position..... That didn't stop it from me not giving a **** because it was mostly focused on Kouta and Micchi's side of the story. You're right, the Bujin Riders don't have much of a personality, therefore, no one would care about them and could've been cut from the movie entirely. I asked the whole "why couldn't anyone else made a peaceful alliance" because of the fact that only ****ing Fourze's and Wizard's faction was functional at that point. If all the bland riders wanted peace (at least that one guy who talked about that.....), why the hell were they fighting in the first place? I get that they MIGHT have a different philosophy, but again, the movie never talked about that..... Except maybe the lords, but the only one we're giving much time to is Ieyasu. So that was a waste of everyone's time... Hey, I won't pretend that I haven't been posting a million comments on how much this movie sucked.

Look at it from a 'behind the scenes' point of view rather than a 'plothole' point of view then. Sure, only Wizard and Fourze's alliance was functional, but was there a need to show much of the other riders, when they were going to be eliminated and removed from the movie in a matter of minutes, or maybe seconds? Almost every single one of the extra bujin riders appeared for less than a few minutes, and none of the other lords even appeared. So there isn't a need for the writer to establish the rest of the lands since they aren't the focal point of the film. The writers chose to focus on Ieyasu in the film, thus only characterizing him and establishing the background of his land.

And when you factor in the time limit of the film, it makes it even more impossible for the writer to establish the rest of the lands. 1.5h is pretty much the standard of every Super Hero Taisen film. Half hour of the movie was accorded to Wizard, and another half hour was accorded to Gaim to set the background of the imaginary Sengoku period, before the last half hour of the team-up. With only half an hour to set the tone and background, it's not possible or feasible to squeeze in the establishment of the other lords or people of other lands. Not to mention the establishment will be half-assed since they don't have enough time. Doing so will only make the plot even worse, and rushed.

Lurker
So I watched it again..... And I still think it's terrible -_-

My updated 2 cents:

Pros:

-There were legitimate good story points for Wizard.
-I liked the setting they used for Gaim's story... Even though it's probably another reused Toei set.
-If you ignore how stupid the rider armor was, it's a nice reference to the older series.
-That Zangetsu-Fourze thing was pretty funny.

Cons:

-EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!

I can see where your coming from

If all the bland riders wanted peace (at least that one guy who talked about that.....), why the hell were they fighting in the first place? I get that they MIGHT have a different philosophy, but again, the movie never talked about that..... Except maybe the lords, but the only one we're giving much time to is Ieyasu.

The Bujin Riders are extensions of their lords' ambitions (which is why Bujin Gaim was odd by being born out of nowhere, rather than from a warlord). So, the reason the lords had for fighting was the same one as the Riders'. They were fighting to unite the land because each warlord thought that they should be the ones uniting the country and bring peace. We don't know what their differences were, but that's made clear enough in the movie with the brief scenes for the warlords who weren't Ieyasu. And, that's all that's necessary considering how small their role was. They were only there to establish the setting. The only warlord with actual focus as a character is Ieyasu.

I really don't see why you talk about that like it were a huge problem. In Gaim tv itself, Yggdrazil seems to have made some arrangements with the governments to take care of Zawame city, and yet we've only been told about that recently, when the government inquired them about Demushu's attack, without any information about how it was done, who did it or anything else.