Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle Talk Up

CannibalS; said:
Reminds me of the days when Gaim knew what it was doing and was coherent and not ths fanfic-y pseudo-intellectual pretentiousness.

Gaim doesn't know what it is doing now?
That's new to me.

Lurker
Dammit, this movie still pisses me off :mad:

It's like Sword Art Online the movie.

I've already talked about how much it sucked and reinstating the points would add it to my beating a dead horse list.

In short, it's on the levels of All Riders, OOO/W movie, and the entire Super Hero Taisen series.

I've already talked about how much it sucked and reinstating the points would add it to my beating a dead horse list.
You haven't actually said anything. You just keep throwing comparisons and saying that the movie is bad without ever actually talking about the movie.

Lurker
You haven't actually said anything. You just keep throwing comparisons and saying that the movie is bad without ever actually talking about the movie.

Actually I already talked about it in another topic. I already talked about the fact that, even though the wizard part was still terrible, it was the best part of the movie. Better than the dreck that lasted for an hour. The only that I liked from that part is merely for cosmetic reasons. The rest is everyone is being VERY stupid. Example: Why was every Rider fighting each other if everyone wanted peace?

The rest is everyone is being VERY stupid. Example: Why was every Rider fighting each other if everyone wanted peace?

It's basically how the motivation of the various Sengoku warlords is often romanticized. They want an unified country and peace, but to do that they needed to defeat and take over the other warlords, rulers of their own lands, since each one had their own beliefs and people, which leads to conflict.

Lurker
It's basically how the motivation of the various Sengoku warlords is often romanticized. They want an unified country and peace, but to do that they needed to defeat and take over the other warlords, rulers of their own lands, since each one had their own beliefs and people, which leads to conflict.

The makers of the movie didn't do a good job of showing that. :redface2: Everyone was pretty miserable and we did not see much of the people outside of the armies. Especially considering all the bujin riders saying they want peace. Plus, Wizard and Fourze's faction teamed up..... So..... WTF?

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
The makers of the movie didn't do a good job of showing that. :redface2: Everyone was pretty miserable and we did not see much of the people outside of the armies. Especially considering all the bujin riders saying they want peace. Plus, Wizard and Fourze's faction teamed up..... So..... WTF?

To be fair, you're not a Japanese kid who is probably studying that era in school. The metaphor is probably more transparent if you're more familiar with the representation.

We did get Ranmaru's speech about how the people were suffering with the dry land, and also Ieyasu's speech about his reasons for fighting and conquest - initially to expand his borders and be able to produce more food for the starving people, and afterwards unify the entire land under him to bring peace.

Alliances are possible if the warlords share the same vision or one of them agrees to become subservient to the other. The movie didn't show how the Wizard/Fourze alliance was made. They didn't even give a name to Fourze's lord. But I don't see why it's so perplexing that some warlords could become allied while others fight against each other. Even if they all wish to unite the land and bring peace, what they'll do afterwards isn't necessarily the same, so they fight. Although, like mentioned above, I guess part of the problem is that the movie seems to assume the viewer has at least some familiarity to the period.

It also doesn't help that Bujin Gaim basically has nothing to do with all that and is just a generic villain, so the movie didn't really give much focus to warlord vs warlord battles, only showing that they existed before Bujin Gaim appeared and started defeating everyone.

Lurker
To be fair, you're not a Japanese kid who is probably studying that era in school. The metaphor is probably more transparent if you're more familiar with the representation.

Still, remember what Micchy said? It was pretty much a different timeline. Ergo, they had the grounds to change historical facts while making references to it.