Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Gaim & Wizard The Fateful Sengoku Movie Battle Talk Up

No, he just didn't know. Takatora would've flipped if at any point he found out that his younger brother became part of their human experiment (and he did flip out and manhandled Sid when he found out). Plus, while he may or may not have saw Mitchi, he must have recognized his voice. The time he transforms and during the fights.

Takatora didn't recognize Mitchi when he heard his grunts and even a "Shimatta!" when they faced each other in Helheim, so that's not really a big stretch. It's badly done in the movie, but it's not really a continuity mistake.

The movie never states that Takatora knows that Micchy is Ryugen either, so I don't think you can really call it a continuity problem. If he knew about Micchy, I don't think he'd only be focused on not losing Sengoku Drivers. Note that, for example, when Micchy is transforming, Takatora isn't shown in that moment, so he might already have gone forward.

Also, the two relevant lockseeds that they got here were seemingly lost in the final battle (Watermellon and the flying bike). The only oddities are the Rider ones, but even W did things like that, like how the Skull card was never shown in the tv show and Fourze took more than 20 episodes to use Rocket S-1. This movie did show the other Beat Riders team before the tv series though, and even the dance theme used for them here is reused later in the goodbye episode there.

So I say don't bother trying to fit this into the show's timeline. I just assume it took place sometime before episode 9, and leave it at that.

The movie pretty much has to take place between episodes 9 and 10. It's only in episode 9 that Takatora offers himself to test the Genesis Driver.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
but occasionally they "borrow" female suit actors who more often work on Sentai, like Sanae Hitomi (Geki Yellow, Go-On Yellow, Shinken Pink) or Fusayo Fujita (Akiba Yellow).

I'm pretty sure Go-On Yellow was a guy and Sanae played Go-On Silver that year.

Disappear into light!!
Eh, I think you guys are kinda stretching it with the "out of frame" stuff, and I won't believe for a second that Takatora would miss Mitchi in that scene. But fine. It fits okay otherwise.

Lurker
I thought the subs was gonna make the movie better..... I was wrong :/

Wizard's part was dumb, but Gaim's part was even more dumb AND insane.

Last edited:
Posting this into the right thread.

I liked the Wizard part very much (Though I was confused about certain things like Shunpei's ring somehow giving them a second body and how much Koyomi was being controlled by the Ogre Phantom) and the Gaim part was interesting, though the writer should have been advised on not accidentally contradicting stuff like Takatora seeing Mitchy. It was weird to see Mitchy being so descent; I was amused with him uttering Double's catchphrase, "Countdown your Sins."

I wonder if there's a Directer's Cut of this movie and Magic Land, since I can't track down any news of such a thing coming.

Budou though
Veb8DP7.jpg

wizard's part in this movie was better than his wizard x fourze. gaim part was okay as a side story. anyways, what shoes is micchy wearing in the above pic?!

Lurker
Veb8DP7.jpg

wizard's part in this movie was better than his wizard x fourze. gaim part was okay as a side story. anyways, what shoes is micchy wearing in the above pic?!

i agree wizard part seems written better and felt like an epilogue to his show/storyline

The Wizard part, as poor as it is, did really served its purpose though. I remember watching the promotional video about the movie where it states about this movie being Wizard's final battle (story-wise). I don't remember if this happens before, but isn't this the first movie where it wasn't blatantly separated into 3 part? It just seems to be Wizard's part before Gaim's part happen and it reaches it's conclusion in Gaim's part. No obvious 'this is the 3rd part where both Rider meet up and team up', the story kinda flows a bit smoothly.

Wow, Nitou kinda fits into Gaim's cast smoothly. Loved his interaction with other Armored Rider in the final battle. Takatora's retort at Fourze's catchphrase is a big kick in the nuts for me. :laugh:

Did Toei asks for Tsuburaya's assistance in the movie? Because the disaster scenes in this really have a touch of Tsuburaya's production such as the tree burning scene, the rooftop destruction scene and the huge tree falling on the house.

I'll just pretend this movie is not related much to Gaim's series, with all the confusion and obvious plothole happening. If this really happen between episode 9 and 10, why did Takatora still used the Sengoku Driver to subdue all Armored Rider in Helheim? Genesis Driver would be much faster to knock them out. Oh man, headaches coming.:castlerock:

Takatora still used the Sengoku Driver to subdue all Armored Rider in Helheim? Genesis Driver would be much faster to knock them out. Oh man, headaches coming.

They talk about Takatora starting to test the Genesis Driver at the end of episode 9, there's nothing indicating that it was actually ready for combat. Even in the teaser scene of the movie, he's shown putting on the Genesis Driver, but doesn't transform with it. There's nothing indicating that it was actually usable for combat by then. So, Takatora fighting with his Sengoku Driver during this movie and in the tv show isn't a problem. The teaser actually fit perfectly with the line at the end of episode 9 (also, although Ryoma and Yoko were holding their lockseeds, they didn't have Drivers, only Ryoma).

Still, the only continuity of this movie that carries into the show is basically the Beat Rider elements shown in the initial and final scenes.

Last edited: